1. Post #1

January 2014
    6 Posts
    Why is this? I purchased a zombie survival game, not some gankfest garbage like DayZ

What is the point of that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

2. Post #2
    Huffing Jenkem Like There's No Tomorrow :^)
    January 2012
    5,387 Posts
    Because neither the devs nor the community want them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Zombies were intended to be placeholders before Rust even went on sale. They will be replaced with some other hostile element (that isn't just PVP).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #4

January 2014
    6 Posts
    So the game advertising is a lie then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,689 Posts
    Rust isn't advertised as a zombie survival game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    5,387 Posts
    That depends, what did you assume they were advertising?

7. Post #7

???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,347 Posts
    Underlined for easy reading, because apparently you forgot to:

I dunno where you're getting this 'lying' from either, I don't think it says 'this game has zombies' anywhere on the store page either.

Edited:

+ basically what everyone else has said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2013
    59 Posts
    Pwnd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

January 2014
    6 Posts
    Not really.

So what is the general idea of the game? Not sure how I was owned. i think you owned yourselves when you cant even answer a question about what you paid for, what the devs intend this to be other than a PVP bait and switch it appears, and how the game will change for the better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2012
    5,387 Posts
    Not really.

So what is the general idea of the game? Not sure how I was owned. i think you owned yourselves when you cant even answer a question about what you paid for, what the devs intend this to be other than a PVP bait and switch it appears, and how the game will change for the better.
    The general idea is kill or be killed.

12. Post #12
    March 2011
    4,960 Posts
    bait and switch it appears
    A) I don't think that means what you think it means
    B) It is an alpha. No seriously. It is an alpha.
    C) Ever since rust was first playable, it has been stated that zombies are too be removed.
    D) Where the hell was this advertised as a zombie survival
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,344 Posts
    welcome to the mindset of people who buy video games today

buy shit now, read about what's in it later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,689 Posts
    Not really.

A general direction of the game is being able to build durable in-game, in-universe communities / tribes and being able to affect the world in any way you see fit. Combine this with possibilities for territory control
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

January 2014
    16 Posts
    Were is this to do list at anyway? Please reply.

16. Post #16

November 2013
    58 Posts
    I remember you from the first few months of alpha in War Z, you were just as much of an annoying buffoon there as you are proving to be here.

So what is the general idea of the game?
    An unintended self-admission that you personally did zero research before purchasing the game.

Not sure how I was owned.
    Maybe it was that part where you claimed that the game advertising was a lie, and that you bought a zombie survival game (when the game was never advertised as being a zombie survival game) right before multiple posters shot down your claim in a blaze of glory using screenshot evidence taken directly from the Steam Store page for Rust?

i think you owned yourselves when you cant even answer a question about what you paid for
    We know exactly what we paid for, you seem to be the one who does not. As is evident by the very first question you asked: "So what is the general idea of the game?"

what the devs intend this to be other than a PVP bait and switch it appears
    Bait and Switch? Seriously guy, you're just grasping at straws by this point, it's quite sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)