1. Post #1
    Dennab
    January 2012
    37 Posts

Just found out that a community I used to play on a long time ago is back - all of the old users content has been restored on the servers. All of the stuff you had before the servers went down is still there and on this server!!

ExiledServers.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    The only flaws I see are, the original site was .net, as well as no Slayer account there, and formatme having like 3 out of the 9 accounts.

Edit: the .net domain is still owned, too. No point in changing to .com

Edit2: Evidence points to this being illegitimate. Pretty shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,449 Posts
    Nobody has my database backups and they were never stored on a public server outside of a firewalled backup server which was backed up and formatted. That page is blatantly edited and broken as hell, the domain forwards to backslashgaming.net

So it seems formatme bought the retarded exiledservers.com that had been for sale $300+.

Gmod is horrible, PERP is terrible and ExiledServers.net will never host PERP ever again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner x 14Dumb x 2Friendly x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Best TTT Server Ever!
    December 2012
    1,267 Posts
    Someone didn't read the big yellow highlighted thread on the top of the forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,661 Posts
    formatme is hilarious. I remember him trying to said he had one of my gamemodes. When it was all client and shared shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,159 Posts
    When it was all client and shared shit.
    Looks like he is really riding the wave. Everyone who ever joined your server had that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member

November 2012
    327 Posts
    formatme is hilarious. I remember him trying to said he had one of my gamemodes. When it was all client and shared shit.
    The amount of times he's said or tried to dox me is uncountable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #8
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,611 Posts
    oh lol, formatme is still alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,802 Posts
    I'm hesitant to post in this seeing as I'm not looking to get banned in a server thread in the wrong section, but as an ex-moderator and fan of the old ExiledServers, I'm not into this whole thing.

It's being run by someone who I've never, ever met in my playtime at ExiledServers. Why is he fit to run around with the name ExiledServers if he's never played on it? How is he relevant?

Simply put, I don't know this guy, I don't know 95% of the people on the member list, and it seriously sounds like they're trying to ride off the previous reputation of ExiledServers, which is 100% wrong no matter how you look at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2010
    241 Posts
    At best Hell zone will have some competition, at the worst it'll just die.

Nobody has my database backups and they were never stored on a public server outside of a firewalled backup server which was backed up and formatted. That page is blatantly edited and broken as hell, the domain forwards to backslashgaming.net

So it seems formatme bought the retarded exiledservers.com that had been for sale $300+.

Gmod is horrible, PERP is terrible and ExiledServers.net will never host PERP ever again.
    Sadistic,
    Garry's Mod is not horrible, it's only a few people in it. At the end of the day, it's a fucking game you made money in.

Plus, why are you even complaining? Especially, out of all places here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    ezio audtioriet
    May 2007
    1,346 Posts
    fpspurple lol

rip any members who join that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    100 Posts
    Wow so rude you people, i am simply hosting the old gamemode that slayer use to host.

Edited:

I spent 10$ on the domain where did you get this 300 number rofl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2010
    1,678 Posts
    Why do you people even care if he's hosting perp? Slayers servers were really popular, meaning there is probably demand for classic perp again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,449 Posts
    At best Hell zone will have some competition, at the worst it'll just die.

Sadistic,
    Garry's Mod is not horrible, it's only a few people in it. At the end of the day, it's a fucking game you made money in.

Plus, why are you even complaining? Especially, out of all places here?
    The community is horrible, the players are horrible and there's no opportunity like there used to be. I didn't complain about anything, I just expressed my opinion of Gmod/PERP and my decision for my community anyways?

Wow so rude you people, i am simply hosting the old gamemode that slayer use to host.

Edited:

I spent 10$ on the domain where did you get this 300 number rofl.
    You don't have a single damn thing of mine, nice try though. Exiledservers.com was squatted when we were looking a domain, they wanted around $200 in 2009. Last time I checked in 2010 or 2011 it was up to some stupid number like $346.

Why do you people even care if he's hosting perp? Slayers servers were really popular, meaning there is probably demand for classic perp again.
    There isn't, you'll make the same mistakes I made with Exiledservers before any of you even knew it existed and the same mistake which I made again when you all did. Except that your mistake have only been made even worse through time. Not to mention you're all dead weight to communities and all have done nothing but ruin everything you touch.

Great job on being really original and actually attempting to create something of yourselves, exactly what you're doing is just another part of why I shut down ExiledServers.

The best of luck to you three, because you're gonna need a damn miracle to do anything more than simply exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    100 Posts
    It's not hard to exist when the server cost nothing to host it and we can easily block the skiddy ddos attacks that sadly got you null routed more then once. And what mistakes are you talking about? ddos? The demand for perp?
    Also i never said i had anything of yours. And how do you know if there is a demand for classic perp when you have not even played garry's mod in a few years?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,516 Posts
    Good luck getting past the players who want customizations in order to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    100 Posts
    Great job on being really original and actually attempting to create something of yourselves, exactly what you're doing is just another part of why I shut down ExiledServers.
    Thanks, its not like you made perp in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    February 2009
    1,214 Posts
    This would be the reason that I don't play ANY PERP or OCRP scripts anymore. Too many people trying to bring back the past, but you will NEVER bring back those communities. You can NEVER recreate the feeling that those communities had.

I'm not saying that you can't host an awesome PERP or OCRP script, because you can. But in my eyes, all you're doing is shitting all over good memories of fun times.

To me, this just looks like a way to ride on the coat tails of something you didn't create. YOU didn't create the Exiled community. YOU didn't shape and mold it. YOU didn't put the hard work and hours into making it what it was. But all of a sudden you think that it's ok for YOU to come in and use their brand, their hard work, and their name? You honestly don't deserve any players. I honestly think that people who do this are LOWER than communities running a PERP or OCRP script. At least they are somewhat trying to make it their own. This is just a lazy cop-out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,802 Posts
    PERP isn't what made ExiledServers fun to play, and that's the thing I don't people end up finding out until way too late. PERP, in itself, is a boring gamemode.

I can count the amount of times I actually tried to seriously roleplay on one hand - a majority of the time I was screwing around acting like a fool on ExiledServers. A lot of the players were pretty funny to be around and if not, they were generally the ones that got banned or started a lot of drama which eventually led to bans anyway.

I would say the reason ExiledServers existed the way it did was a combination of very special conditions: the staff, its leadership, the player base, and the script itself.

People who tried to create their own versions of ExiledServers after it's closing found them selves unable to get all the old players from the old player base because a lot of them moved on, and that includes me. A lot of people who created their own XS-style server were also met with the problem of getting the wrong, serious RP-styled players as opposed to kinds of players you'd see on XS. (if they get any players at all) Times also change, and so do players, so saying you'd get the same niche player base of a few years ago is exaggerating.

Then you have the staff which is either almost non-existent, overly harsh with a ridiculous amount of rules, or unfit for the job. I don't know how this staff will do, but because of past server owners who have tried to step up to the plate, I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

Replicating the XS experience is a hard job to accomplish, and I've seen many people try and fail.

What I would rather see is people create their own server with XS for inspiration as opposed to trying to copy XS. ExiledServers is dead, and nothing's going to change that, so it's better to just start from scratch, imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    100 Posts
    This would be the reason that I don't play ANY PERP or OCRP scripts anymore. Too many people trying to bring back the past, but you will NEVER bring back those communities. You can NEVER recreate the feeling that those communities had.
    This is the internet i could post cats if i wanted to spent my time that way, but i dont i want to bring back that perp that everyone likes if you think i dont deserve any players cool i dont care dont play on my server i rather have someone else.
    And I'm not trying to recreate anything other then put back up what has been down for a long time.

Edited:

People who tried to create their own versions of ExiledServers after it's closing found them selves unable to get all the old players from the old player base because a lot of them moved on, and that includes me. A lot of people who created their own XS-style server were also met with the problem of getting the wrong, serious RP-styled players as opposed to kinds of players you'd see on XS. (if they get any players at all) Times also change, and so do players, so saying you'd get the same niche player base of a few years ago is exaggerating.

What I would rather see is people create their own server with XS for inspiration as opposed to trying to copy XS. ExiledServers is dead, and nothing's going to change that, so it's better to just start from scratch, imo.
    I am starting from scratch I'm not looking for the old player base i know that most of them dont even play garry's mod. After all the youtubers showed their fans garry's mod a ton of new people are playing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    201 Posts
    seriously sounds like they're trying to ride off the previous reputation of ExiledServers, which is 100% wrong no matter how you look at it.
    Which is pretty stupid; non-stop ddos attacks and an overload of Danish isn't pleasant (Peks)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #22
    This is the internet i could post cats if i wanted to spent my time that way, but i dont i want to bring back that perp that everyone likes if you think i dont deserve any players cool i dont care dont play on my server i rather have someone else.
    And I'm not trying to recreate anything other then put back up what has been down for a long time.

Edited:

I am starting from scratch I'm not looking for the old player base i know that most of them dont even play garry's mod. After all the youtubers showed their fans garry's mod a ton of new people are playing it.
    The issue doesn't even lie in the fact that you want to host a server. The issue is that Exiled Servers is a name that has a history and a following, and you're completely aware of and are taking advantage of that. Stop riding the wave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,802 Posts
    You're not putting back anything - you're using a name and stealing a reputation to kickstart a server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2009
    425 Posts
    You're not putting back anything - you're using a name and stealing a reputation to kickstart a server.
    Adding onto this, I'm sure people will ask if it's the real Exiled coming back, and when a couple of known members say it's a fake then the community will be shat on. A shame that the rep may also be damaged too.

No-one will ever get those memories back, but I know I've moved on to other similar places to make new ones. Not the same, but it keeps some of the feels going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,802 Posts
    Out of all of the old XS buddies I've had in the past, either they are not happy to hear this or simply reply with, "fake".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    69 Posts
    I was at least somewhat interested when I heard that I'd have everything I used to have, started up gmod to look for the server only to find out there's not even a server up.

Promising comeback, people who I've never seen before on exiled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2014
    1 Posts
    Go away, Xexxar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2014
    1 Posts
    Derillion lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    This is quite amusing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2011
    361 Posts
    I don't think anyone apart of the original XS wants anything to do with garrysmod anymore. It isn't 2009 anymore and this thread needs to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    I HAVE AN UNUSUALLY SMALL PENIS AND MY POSTS ARE TERRIBLE
    June 2008
    3,039 Posts
    God those were the days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    retarded faggot
    January 2008
    1,409 Posts
    The entire staff was full of faggots anyway

Jesus Christ.

Edited:

I don't think I've actually played Gmod for more than a few random hours every few weeks since XS died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,802 Posts
    Since ExiledServers died Garry's Mod turned into a game I toy around with in terms of Lua and map-making, heh. Like I've told everybody before, I didn't really care about RP in XS but just hanging out and screwing around, so when I realized RP sucks I just ditched that scene altogether.

Oh, and I played a lot of F2S: Stronghold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2013
    437 Posts
    Server advertising is forbidden as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,449 Posts
    It's not hard to exist when the server cost nothing to host it and we can easily block the skiddy ddos attacks that sadly got you null routed more then once. And what mistakes are you talking about? ddos? The demand for perp?
    Also i never said i had anything of yours. And how do you know if there is a demand for classic perp when you have not even played garry's mod in a few years?
    You really have no understanding whatsoever of why I gave it up. You really think that a month or so of downtime would break my back after 6 months of infuriating downtime due to something as retarded as valve fucking up vphysics for linux servers? I could go on for like an hour on various reasons that range from personal, financial, community and staff related.

ExiledServers' highest points had passed and while we could have ran out a good run I wanted it to end somewhere when it was still relevant. I never wanted to let it burn out and ran into the ground like 95% of communities like for example, Darkland or Sassilization.

I already gave my opinion and wished you the best of luck, is that not good enough for you? You seem to be merely trying to get a rise out of me, I'd like to say that something like that might influence the choice of name you've picked but surely you're above something as petty as that with this serious community you're running. I mean no real server owner would intentionally steal another's name merely to piss someone off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    March 2010
    1,678 Posts
    Good luck getting past the players who want customizations in order to play.
    All the people who have anything to do with the managment end, are experienced in C++ and/or Lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,516 Posts
    All the people who have anything to do with the managment end, are experienced in C++ and/or Lua.
    Defeats the purpose of having it classic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39

April 2011
    3 Posts
    I miss Kornpops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    January 2014
    1 Posts
    Go kill yourself

(User was permabanned for this post ("gimmick" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)