1. Post #1
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    Hi all, thought id host a server with my mod Rust++ on it!

Settings:

PVP = on
    Instacraft = on
    Sleepers = on (you should be sleeping inside your house which can't be raided with metal doors)

Advanced Settings:

Frozen Midday Time (no night!)
    NO Griefing! - C4/Grenades have been removed from Airdrop & Zombie Droptables!
    Increased overall loot (bolt action rifle can now be found in weapon crates)
    Enabled coordinates! /location
    Microphone Proximity disabled (if you can see someone, you can speak to them clearly)
    Starter kit /starter
    Research Kits are free /research
    Helpful server messages
    3x Airdrops automated hourly
    Chat history! /history
    Player list /players

Info:

this server is aimed at newer players who are sick of their metal doors getting destroyed. with no access to grenades or explosive charges, you can never be raided! but PvP is still enabled! No night time ever which is great for many. Instacraft another great one for new players! Whatever else i can do to make it better for newbies let me know!

Rust++ is a mod i have created with the help of the CanVox's Leather Loader and using his Drop Party mod

net.connect 173.208.68.162:28185

Edited:

its up now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2013
    40 Posts
    Love this server! Good job on it!

3. Post #3
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    added a starter kit command (rustpp.starter) it gives

3 Extra bandages, full cloth armor, a bow, 30 arrows, a wood shelter and door and stone hatchet

4. Post #4
    December 2013
    162 Posts
    Does this do anything to stop people from using a hatchet to destroy things like wood doors?

5. Post #5

December 2013
    28 Posts
    nice server just be aware from what i've heard from other players and my on experience they're no research kits!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

December 2013
    15 Posts
    no Raiding, Microphone Proximity disabled, Enabled coordinates, Frozen Midday Time (no night!)

Why even play the game then? Might as well call the server, "No-Fun Rust".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    no Raiding, Microphone Proximity disabled, Enabled coordinates, Frozen Midday Time (no night!)

it is a server aimed at beginners who don't want to sit around doing nothing during night and don't want their base to be griefed.

added free research kits (rustpp.research)

8. Post #8

December 2013
    28 Posts

How is it no fun? It just means when you go off to work you don't have to worry to much about being killed.There is still pvp.
    Thanks ent i wasn't sure if it was on purpose having no kits. Or even if me and some other people were just have really bad luck finding them.

9. Post #9

January 2014
    26 Posts
    Uhhh...cant join...is it down???

EDITED:In-game name GM_Tricky
    Just incase i got banned for some odd reason...shows people on and a nice ping...but cant connect...
    Hope not banned...played it for 12 straight hours yesterday...
    Love server by the way and never take it down!!!!

EDIT THE EDITED:
    yay im on...wait...its night time...i thought night was off so its only day time...oh well good thing i stocked up on flares ^_^

10. Post #10
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    sorry about the night time btw guys, fixed that bug, shouldn't happen again. server is booming

11. Post #11

July 2013
    6 Posts
    Great server, get on it!

12. Post #12
    July 2013
    40 Posts
    Hey i love this server and played it for about 8-12 hours straight yesterday but now i keep getting this weird error message in the console whenever i try to join. Its the same error message i get when the ddos attacks were going on. Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: In game name Explosive_Charge if this helps somewhat

EDIT AGAIN: I can join any other server but this one. It must be down but i see people in the menu like 12/50 right now! Can other people join?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Costa Rica Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

December 2013
    1 Posts
    Cant get on for some reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

January 2014
    26 Posts
    Seems Server is down. =/

15. Post #15
    July 2013
    40 Posts
    Probably because i can join any other server. Also there are a lot of people griefing, raiding. Something should be about them like an automatic ban ticket system like someone reports the "crime" sends in a ticket to the bot/system then the bot checks the log of broken items corresponds it to the ticket and bans the griefer. I Know its complicated

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    December 2013
    19 Posts
    NO Griefing! - C4/Grenades have been removed from Airdrop & Zombie Droptables!
    Raiding is not griefing.

C4 would not have been put into the game if raiding a structure was 'griefing'.

Word does not mean what you think it means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2014
    44 Posts
    Very fun server, great community to it.

Currently down tho, I want to play :(

Updated:
    After two days of nothing but trolls on this server, I have to change my view. Crashes, restarts and the server being offline due to the mod failing in one way or another (this is normal and not a complaint, i used to code for Warcraft Source so I know how it goes) have also changed my outlook on this server. The community is a mixed bag, you have some amazing people who are very friendly and then you have the typical dbags of rust/dayz and the like. However due to this mods clearly untested and unanticipated design, trolls endlessly spawn sleeping bags, endlessly spawn huts and troll other players. They will lock you in a house with the hut, place hundreds of bags all over your house, its sad that this is allowed to happen(and players go unbanned) and even worse that admins seem to be RARELY available during "peak" times when such actions happen. Might get better but I see no point with many other issues besides these to keep playing this server. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

January 2014
    26 Posts
    Raiding is not griefing.

C4 would not have been put into the game if raiding a structure was 'griefing'.

Word does not mean what you think it means.
    You see its a non raiding/Griefing server when u log into it the advertisement says no Raiding and on here it says griefing...server is for new players...we don't allow either of that besides if you get C4 onto your wall or door that's griefing - Destruction of Anothers base/Home Usually through means of raiding them after
    so yes....C4 and nades are used for griefing and raiding...u can destroy half of someones house...and build onto it with a metal door...that's griefing...their are other ways of useing C4/nades for that...Once Ent finds a way to make it so C4 and nades do not blow up structures...we will have them.
    if you think the game is all about raiding...then why even look at this server post...its for new people that do not want to be raided when they don't have access to explosives normally on servers.

Edited:

EDIT AGAIN: I can join any other server but this one. It must be down but i see people in the menu like 12/50 right now! Can other people join?[/QUOTE]

Yes every time it is down it will show 12/50
    for some very odd reason...not to sure why...every time it has not connected it shows 12/50 with a bad ping of 80-120 most of the time for me its lower than 55 Ping while on server.

19. Post #19
    July 2013
    40 Posts
    You see its a non raiding/Griefing server when u log into it the advertisement says no Raiding and on here it says griefing...server is for new players...we don't allow either of that besides if you get C4 onto your wall or door that's griefing - Destruction of Anothers base/Home Usually through means of raiding them after
    so yes....C4 and nades are used for griefing and raiding...u can destroy half of someones house...and build onto it with a metal door...that's griefing...their are other ways of useing C4/nades for that...Once Ent finds a way to make it so C4 and nades do not blow up structures...we will have them.
    if you think the game is all about raiding...then why even look at this server post...its for new people that do not want to be raided when they don't have access to explosives normally on servers.

Edited:

EDIT AGAIN: I can join any other server but this one. It must be down but i see people in the menu like 12/50 right now! Can other people join?
    Yes every time it is down it will show 12/50
    for some very odd reason...not to sure why...every time it has not connected it shows 12/50 with a bad ping of 80-120 most of the time for me its lower than 55 Ping while on server.[/QUOTE]

Thank You now I know how to spot if this server is down.

20. Post #20

January 2014
    26 Posts
    Your Welcome hiram

21. Post #21
    October 2013
    110 Posts
    This server doesnt exist now?

22. Post #22

January 2014
    26 Posts
    This server doesnt exist now?
    uhhh no its just not up currently...

23. Post #23

January 2014
    3 Posts
    I wanna pleh.

24. Post #24
    July 2013
    62 Posts
    Is the server still down?:(

25. Post #25
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    sorry, its back up.

26. Post #26

July 2013
    6 Posts
    Guys join the forums for information about the server.

http://rustpp.enjin.com/forum

27. Post #27

January 2014
    3 Posts
    I like this server.

But there are a couple things I don't like!

- There should be night time! It really adds excitement to the game, whether you decide to stay in your home or go out & hunt or gather resources or looking to hunt down other players. On other servers I've played on, I find that very few players decide to go out at night which makes it easier to find lots of resources before the sun comes up. It also makes raiding much more fun, granted you can't raid anything with a metal door.

- Starter kits should be one time use only. This simply can be abused to easily, infinite arrows, infinite wooden shacks & bandages (can't remember if you get bandages or not). Anyways I don't see a reason to be able to get more than one starter kit, I mean after all it is called a "Starter Kit". The sole purpose should be just to get fresh spawns a bit of a start. Also this creates spam in the chat bar.

- Free Research Kits. I haven't used this function yet but why make these free? Can't they just be put into the loot tables for Zombies. It adds more incentive to hunt zombies in radtowns. Research kits are usually somewhat rare, which forces players to make a decision in which what they want to research. Obviously end game you probably won't have any decisions to make (as far as research) and would have tons of these but early on you need to decide what is more important to research.

28. Post #28
    July 2013
    62 Posts
    Can't join the server

29. Post #29
    July 2013
    62 Posts
    You need to fix it, it's been wiped and the mod isn't working anymore, neither is instant craft or no sleepers.

30. Post #30
    RUST++
    December 2013
    470 Posts
    all fixed and working again.

31. Post #31

September 2014
    1 Posts
    Please add night guys, only thing that'll make this server the greatest and probably a bit more realistic just for the realism to time please do try adding night =)

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    October 2014
    4 Posts
    sorry, its back up.