1. Post #1
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    Hey guys, this is the first time I've posted on facepunch in about 2 years. The other stuff I posted was disgusting and a disgrace to mapping. So here I make it up to you with a left 4 dead 2 map I have been working on.

That is part of the outside of the Magic Kingdom In disney world.

I just started working on the murals inside of the castle

If you guys have any questions or requests please feel free to let me know.

Edited:

Also something I should have mentioned above is that I have only been working on this map since last night so not a lot has been added.

Edited:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    490 Posts
    Disneyland map would be so awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    I actually just got the elevator working to bring you to the cinderella suite.

Edited:

I'm looking for people to help with this project considering the size and how much work its going to take to do it. If you are interested in helping message me on steam: Toxictwinkie28

4. Post #4
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    490 Posts
    I'd love to see this for gmod :p

5. Post #5
    January 2013
    706 Posts
    Yes there was a project a while back that was for gmod but just think how cool it would be to ride space mountain, oh man how cool would it be to have a disney themed roleplay server oh man im pumped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    612 Posts
    I did try to contribute to the last big walt disney park project that I think you referred to. To my understanding tho it failed due to the project being too big. Perhaps you can drudge up the threat in here and contact the makers to see if they are willing to share content that might help you out.
    At any rate good luck.

7. Post #7
    December 2011
    61 Posts

took a break but got some water around the castle and starting to work on the court yard

8. Post #8
    November 2009
    9,503 Posts
    If you're doing WDW, you've got to put the Man and Mouse statue there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    If you're doing WDW, you've got to put the Man and Mouse statue there.
    working on it, that tombstone is just a temporary thing.

Edited:

cant seem to find a model anywhere thats where my problem is.

10. Post #10
    working on it, that tombstone is just a temporary thing.

Edited:

cant seem to find a model anywhere thats where my problem is.
    Pretty unlikely that you'll find many disney related models around.

Times like this it would be great to have a 3D scanner for your phone and convert "pictures" over to 3DsMax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2013
    706 Posts
    Type roller coaster tycoon 3 disney pack in google, there are plenty of packs that include the mouse and Walt disney. They are .objs so it should be easy to convert.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    Type roller coaster tycoon 3 disney pack in google, there are plenty of packs that include the mouse and Walt disney. They are .objs so it should be easy to convert.
    I typed it in on google and I all I see are lots of fireworks. I have no idea how to convert models...but if anybody wants to be the person who converts models for me I'll pay them 10 bucks haha.

Edited:

Would fire works be possible?

Edited:

Join the official steam group: Walt Dead World Resort

13. Post #13
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Great start :) I think the map reminds me abit of that "Tower of Terror" map that got removed from steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2009
    963 Posts
    Great start :) I think the map reminds me abit of that "Tower of Terror" map that got removed from steam.
    Was it this one?

Also, what rides will you be including?

Also have some concept art for abandoned amusement parks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    December 2011
    61 Posts

Most rides will be included besides splash mountain. It will be there but you wont be able to ride it. I have to come up with some design ideas.

17. Post #17
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    Fixing some issues with cinderellas castle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2011
    61 Posts

Starting to look familiar?
    This was a joke btw

19. Post #19
    The Tower of Terror I know is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77w3ZhA7Pcg

Never found a DL for it though.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,774 Posts
    Tell me you're using and abusing func_detail

21. Post #21
    December 2011
    61 Posts
    Tell me you're using and abusing func_detail
    Wouldn't be able to run the map without it haha.

22. Post #22
    December 2011
    61 Posts

Well guys...here is mickey...hes going to be the jockey. Special thank you to ada wong for making this for me.