1. Post #1
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    August 2005
    565 Posts
    UPDATE: Valve is aware of this issue and are working to fix it. It's a problem with steam authentication. In addition some other games using the same steam authentication system are experiencing this issue.[/b]

Some users can connect, some can't, sometimes resetting steam works, sometimes it doesn't. We will let you guys know exactly what is going on as soon as we can. Thanks a bunch for being patient and sorry about the downtime.

UPDATE 2 : We're attempting to restart some of the servers, this means the server you are playing on may go down for a few minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative x 21Optimistic x 7Agree x 3Useful x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    45 Posts
    thanks helk for the news!

i wish you guys good luck!

Ps: i got an email from playrust.eu saying this
    "...they will get in touch with the company doing the networking library..."

could this be something that went wrong ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

3. Post #3

December 2013
    6 Posts
    Thanks for the update and getting on it so quickly. Let's hope it get fixed in timely manner so I can have a nice night of Rust with some friends ! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

4. Post #4

December 2013
    2 Posts
    I think, we click 'disconnect' button later occur this problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

December 2013
    37 Posts
    (update)

For the past around 24 hours I could join other servers than Central 4. After just checking I can no longer join any server

WaitedLimbo after the new server gives me WaitedLimbo and attempt to connect again I get AuthFailure.

Short: Now unable to play any server, where as prior AuthFail was just for home server (Central 4)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

January 2013
    3 Posts
    Thanks for the quick update on the problem. Cant wait to play some more. SOO ADDICTED. NEED MORE RUST. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

December 2013
    1 Posts
    Hey guys, we're aware of this issue, it just popped up out of nowhere without us changing anything, We think it might be an issue with a Steam update, however we're going to do the best we can to fix it on our end.

Some users can connect, some can't, sometimes resetting steam works, sometimes it doesnt, We're looking into it right away and I will let you guys know exactly what is going on as soon as I can, Thanks a bunch for being patient and sorry about the downtime
    Yes unfortunately I cannot enter any of the community or official servers.... Please solve this issue, me & my friends love this game... Please inform us... thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2013
    12 Posts
    I know this was happening last night and the official severs got a reboot at like 12 am EST and that fixed the issue for a while. This could be a temp fix till you figure things out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

December 2013
    4 Posts
    Just some info on this, may or may not help, I got this same error on US Central 3 yesterday, had to switch servers and could never get back on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

December 2013
    1 Posts
    Bwah. We have it with the whole clan /GG/ in server Belgium.

11. Post #11

December 2013
    20 Posts
    Hey guys, we're aware of this issue, it just popped up out of nowhere without us changing anything, We think it might be an issue with a Steam update, however we're going to do the best we can to fix it on our end.

Some users can connect, some can't, sometimes resetting steam works, sometimes it doesnt, We're looking into it right away and I will let you guys know exactly what is going on as soon as I can, Thanks a bunch for being patient and sorry about the downtime
    hey i noticed you posted stating minuis uk servers. i am currently playing on uk 2 and am getting facepunch connector error also i cant play :( tried my verifying my cach and restarting ext ext still nothing any other things i can try :(

12. Post #12

December 2013
    2 Posts
    hope i dont get raided in this downtime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #13

December 2013
    4 Posts
    seems like a connection failure to the steam user db at first.. (times out on new server) then just defaults to "AuthFailure" on following attempts without taking as long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

December 2013
    1 Posts
    Hi,

I've noticed multiple games (Prime world, Planitary Annihilation) that use a 3rd party authentication system are not connecting at the moment for me.

It might not only be a Rust issue, but a general issue with steam authenticating to 3rd parties.

Also, something else i noticed.
    The friends who can still play logged in to steam over 2 hours ago or even longer ago.
    Me and 1 other friend who logged in to steam in the last hour can not connect. I dont know if there is a relation to this, but it could help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2008
    38 Posts
    US East 3 (large) need restart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

December 2013
    7 Posts
    Us central 3 (stress test) need a restart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

December 2013
    14 Posts
    hey, just posting to say that i really appreciate the timely communication update on the issue. thanks, helk!

18. Post #18

January 2013
    2 Posts
    Ahh what a sad story :( come home for lunch to play rust and shes a not workin.. Glad you are working on it so fast helk. :D

19. Post #19

December 2013
    2 Posts
    Guys pls fix this problem... my mates told me that my little house is gone and i don't wanna loose all my stuff i have on me... tooks too long to farm and craft it...-.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

December 2013
    3 Posts
    Whats Going on ? 18 for five minutes of gameplay F%&/$ and the only answere is its a steam Problem. Come on you really know what you are doing ? the servers from steam ? i dont think so. You scaming people nothing more. I now bashing steam to get my money back i hope this shit goes to death is another game that no one need....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Disagree Disagree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

December 2013
    15 Posts
    Whats Going on ? 18 for five minutes of gameplay F%&/$ and the only answere is its a steam Problem. Come on you really know what you are doing ? the servers from steam ? i dont think so. You scaming people nothing more. I now bashing steam to get my money back i hope this shit goes to death is another game that no one need....
    Do all of us a favour and never ever buy a game again thats still in alpha.

other than that: kkthxbb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 14Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2008
    38 Posts
    Alpha dude calm down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23

December 2013
    20 Posts
    its alpha sorry you dont understand what that means. there is no need to rant when people are clearly trying to help im sure they want to be doing other things rather then getting abuse of people like you that dont apreciate a good game and its only alpha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24

December 2013
    8 Posts
    It's in Alpha you stupid prick, if you didn't expect problems then why they fuck would you buy a game in Alpha you are a fucking moron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree x 6Funny x 3Winner x 2Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

December 2013
    1 Posts
    There is something quite exciting and satisfying about having trouble logging in and immediately finding a dev post from 20 minutes before saying they are working on it. Thanks for the quick response Helk, and some people as always need to read what they are buying before they do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #26

December 2013
    2 Posts
    Guys are you retarded? it's enough when one person reply that rust is in alpha! xD god damn i don't wanna live on this planet anymore... :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,837 Posts
    Well that was entertaining, watching that one dude get fucking wrecked in seconds.

Regardless, I'm confident that a solution will be found, no matter where the problem came from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28

December 2013
    1 Posts
    This is happening to me, I do not know if it helps but here is my User steam! Thanks, I hope to play this cool game: D _alekpanda_
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

December 2013
    22 Posts
    Nice I was just informed my base that Ive been working on for the past 2 weeks was raided and all my stuff is no longer in the crates.....uggghhhh!!!! we had so much, 1 member of our team was able to be on when 2 guys came at him..No way they would have done this If the other 3 of us were there !!...Between this and the Damn Ghosting Issue I have I'm starting to play less and less and I do LOVE The game but don't want to recommend it till issues a worked out......Sony I'm Highly aggravated and needed to vent somewhere!!!!!.................................... .......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

November 2013
    4 Posts
    I cant connect all I get is Facepunch_connector_authfailure no matter what server I join! please fix! thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2013
    10 Posts
    Reset [EU] New Sunshine [Whiped] please, if possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32

December 2013
    5 Posts
    Its good to see people hopping to the issue at hand. Good luck on the problem solving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

33. Post #33

December 2013
    36 Posts
    just wondering if we have any kind of time frame?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

December 2013
    4 Posts
    Hope u get this fixed soon, all i got was an hour of gameplay and then BAM, no more rust for me :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Mexico Show Events Late Late x 1Zing Zing x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

December 2013
    52 Posts
    I'll try whatever the devs want me to to help debug & troubleshoot.

I'm on a macbook pro right now, haven't installed on PC yet, in the US Midwest/East Coast.

Restarted Steam, Deleted Local Game Files & Reinstalled, verified game cache, restarted in windowed mode, basically tried everything I can think of without getting into console or anything like that.

Edit, I also want to say THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH for making this available on a mac. I have a gaming PC but I can't always coop myself up in my manchild cave and play on PC, having responsibilities and all that... so it's nice to take this game with me on my MBP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    August 2005
    565 Posts
    Valve has confirmed this being a problem with steam and are working to fix it, stay tuned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree x 3Zing x 2Winner x 2Informative x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

September 2012
    4 Posts
    Valve has confirmed this being a problem with steam and are working to fix it, stay tuned

Thanks for being active about the issue and keeping us informed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #38

October 2013
    93 Posts
    Confirming I am getting Auth limbo errors on both Dev and live servers, can see server lists. Will not let me join any servers, I tried restarting steam to no avail.

39. Post #39

November 2013
    4 Posts
    stay tuned i need to play rust god damit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

December 2013
    36 Posts
    i must say that this is the first game where i have seen quick responses to issues and regular updates

kudos to facepunch for being involved with community and addressing issue's quickly

you have my support from here on out :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)