1. Post #1

December 2013
    1 Posts
    I would like hosting my proper server, is it possible to have the pass to host it ? Best regards.

2. Post #2
    August 2012
    14 Posts
    Also looking for the answer to this question, i only see how to PAY people to host MY server. My computer is perfectly capable of hosting a server and other people have done it so i know it is possible. Searched all of google and no one has made a page or anything related to creating your own server. Thank you to anyone that can help us with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    uK
    November 2013
    54 Posts
    There has been multiple threads regarding this question. At this stage only a limited number of hosts have the required files and password to host the game. You will need to sit tight and wait to see if Garry releases the hosting to the public.

Regards

4. Post #4
    August 2012
    14 Posts
    There has been multiple threads regarding this question. At this stage only a limited number of hosts have the required files and password to host the game. You will need to sit tight and wait to see if Garry releases the hosting to the public.

Regards
    Thank you my good sir, you rock (honestly i had not purchased the game yet and am holding my money until i can host my own server)

5. Post #5
    April 2012
    81 Posts
    Thank you my good sir, you rock (honestly i had not purchased the game yet and am holding my money until i can host my own server)
    Same, hopefully Garry releases them for the public when the game is nearing completion.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    94 Posts
    And i hope he doesn't do that. Because than are there tons of servers with 2 - 5 players and adminabusers on mass.

7. Post #7

December 2013
    1 Posts
    I would like hosting my proper server, is it possible to have the pass to host it ? Best regards.
    I know how to make one.
    Step 1. Download steamcmd
    Step 2. Run it and do login anonymous
    Step 3. Then type force_install_dir (folder)
    Step 4. Type app_update 740
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    2,637 Posts
    Don't let this stop you from getting the game, there are many servers with just a few people on them that are great fun. Admin abuse can be an issue but most of the time this is not the case.
    This exact moment may not be the best time to pick up the game with the exploit in uLink that is taking down the servers, but it really is a great game whether you can run your own server or not. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2012
    7 Posts
    I know how to make one.
    Step 1. Download steamcmd
    Step 2. Run it and do login anonymous
    Step 3. Then type force_install_dir (folder)
    Step 4. Type app_update 740
    Yeah, and you download a CS:GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

February 2014
    1 Posts
    Hey I made an account because I was wondering as well so this is straight from steam:

Installation
    Install SteamCMD
    Start SteamCMD
    Run app_update 258550
    Run app_update 258550 validate
    Configuration & running
    You can run the Rust DS with ./rust_server -batchmode (Linux) or rust_server.exe -batchmode (Windows).
    Command line parameters
    The startup command can be appended with the following startup parameters:
    switch default description
    -datadir Save/undefined/ The folder in which to save data
    -hostname Untitled Rust Server The name of the server
    -maxplayers 500 The maximum amount of players allowed
    -port 28015 The port to connect to
    -map rust_island_2013 The map to load
    -cfg A config file to load (e.g. cfg/myserverconfig.cfg)
    -ip IP address to bind to (doesn't work well yet)
    For example:
    ./rust_server -batchmode -hostname "My Server" -port 28015 -datadir "serverdata/"
    Console parameters
    When the server is up and running, you can issue the following commands:
    command description
    status Outputs the general status of the server. Connected players etc.
    say <stuff> Will speak something into everyone's console.
    find * List all console commands
    rcon.password Set the rcon password for clients to use (using rcon.login <password>)
    kick <username> Kicks a user. Username can be the first few letters of a username, or a steamid.
    ban <username> As above - but just bans the user from the server (doesn’t kick)
    banid <steamid> Bans a userid from the server
    unbanall Unbans everyone from the server
    server.hostname <hostname> Sets the hostname
    server.clienttimeout <int> How long until an unresponsive client times out (default 2 mins)
    server.pvp <bool> Enable/Disable pvp mode (default true)
    sleepers.on <bool> Enable/Disable sleepers (default true)
    quit Quits the server nicely (saving the level and all avatars before leaving)
    RCON
    To use RCON (Remote CONsole), join the server and press F1 to open the console. Then type:
    rcon.login <password>
    You can now any command as in #Console parameters.
    Ban list
    Banned users will be stored in cfg/bans.cfg.

11. Post #11
    Since when is Revolt an authorized GSP?

And I'd really like to see the email from Facepunch Studios authorizing you to extend Rust server reselling to others.

12. Post #12

July 2014
    1 Posts
    please make a video :c