1. Post #5281
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,137 Posts
    If it's anything like 3DS Max's ProOptimize I'm sure that'll be good. Just look at this

Just like how I'd make it.
    where'd you get a detriangulated scout ball from? manually?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #5282
    January 2013
    1,271 Posts
    I've hit a brick wall on my creativity, which was minimal in the beginning

anybody have some concepts they've been meaning to share?

I'll do the top down shot later or find my other files. But Gibby should have a concept on hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5283
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,567 Posts
    How do you make 2 .blend files open in the same window? Like, to work with both of them?
    I'm trying to link/append them, without success.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

4. Post #5284
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,149 Posts
    I do everything manually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5285
    January 2006
    18,137 Posts
    What's it for? Just seems like a random thing to have lying around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5286
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,149 Posts
    What's it for? Just seems like a random thing to have lying around
    LoD Project . If I edit a model in anyway I just detriangulate it because tris slowly piss me off for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #5287
    April 2011
    143 Posts

A monk or something
    hmmm... is this one taken?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

8. Post #5288

January 2012
    706 Posts
    Never use decimate. Its utter shit.

Instead just menually delete edge loops in order to create LODs
    Is it just me that finds no problems with Decimate? I've used it for all my recent submissions, and they've actually turned out pretty good. I still do a few big things manually, but for the most part, I let Decimate handle it.

Or maybe I'm just lucky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

9. Post #5289
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    1,254 Posts
    In Blender you can detriangulate by pressing alt+J. It does a really good job at it, unlike the decimate function.

Edited:

you could just use decimate on the model to lower the tri count to work as an lod

thats not really necessary unless you're really high over 700
    I find myself rating X's and boxes on your posts more than i do on lord exor's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #5290
    August 2013
    4,909 Posts
    I find myself rating X's and boxes on your posts more than i do on lord exor's.
    sounds like something rude and you should really keep to yourself, true or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #5291
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,695 Posts

Any crits so far? Texture almost done, but still a wip :)
    Wood could use a tad bit more edge highlighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #5292
    October 2013
    233 Posts
    Wood could use a tad bit more edge highlighting.
    Agreed. As said it's Wip. :)

Also, how do I get an item to fly like the robro and baloonicorn? I have the QC jigglebone commands from the Robro but is there a certain way i have to include them in the importer's qc? Thanks <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #5293
    March 2008
    820 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #5294

July 2013
    1,258 Posts
    be like me and not give a fuck

Agreed. As said it's Wip. :)

Also, how do I get an item to fly like the robro and baloonicorn? I have the QC jigglebone commands from the Robro but is there a certain way i have to include them in the importer's qc? Thanks <3
    don't you just paste it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #5295
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    1,254 Posts
    I apologize if it came off rude; it was more intended to be a tongue-in-cheek euphemistic way to say 'dont post crap that you dont know what youre talking about'. It's not as detrimental in other threads outside this one, but giving bad advice here in the emporium can potentially be costly time/quality wise to the asker and other readers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

16. Post #5296
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,361 Posts

I'll workshop it eventually some time maybe

it'll probably get marked as incompatible anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 15Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #5297
    May 2010
    128 Posts

Skinning the LODs on this was an absolute nightmare! It nearly killed me, but thankfully I was able to get rid of any clipping. Also replaced the cross with a TF logo based on feedback from the last version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 17Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #5298
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,121 Posts

I'll workshop it eventually some time maybe

it'll probably get marked as incompatible anyway
    doesn't that edge wear look a little thin? Maybe too bright also?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

19. Post #5299
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,974 Posts

Skinning the LODs on this was an absolute nightmare! It nearly killed me, but thankfully I was able to get rid of any clipping. Also replaced the cross with a TF logo based on feedback from the last version.
    Absolutely amazing <3

Mod release when possible, please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #5300
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,126 Posts

Hopefully it'll be in the Strongbox crate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #5301

October 2013
    536 Posts
    my bad on the arms race crosspost:
    Not feeling very well but i decided too fool around with the old "Dragon Launcher" Concept.
    here's a comparison. i am aware of what the huo-long heater is and and perhaps this item wouldnt be considered for ingame use. but i think it'd be a hella' cool mod
    Old version

New WIP

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

22. Post #5302
    August 2013
    946 Posts
    I don't mind helping people out with workshop stuff, but there's people like this:

23. Post #5303
    April 2013
    2,082 Posts
    Really awesome looking concept.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #5304
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    2,135 Posts
    I don't mind helping people out with workshop stuff, but there's people like this:
    Peronally, when the first dude added me and asked me how did i made items, wanted to learn how, and i gave him some resources and stuff, i just felt so warm inside.

And that happened yesterday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

25. Post #5305
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,361 Posts
    doesn't that edge wear look a little thin? Maybe too bright also?
    thin, yeah. probably not too bright. not happy with it, but i didn't realize that until i'd already worked 8 hours on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #5306
    October 2012
    1,685 Posts
    from spuf:

Back in 2011, I had and idea, where Self-Made item owners can autograph people's items, so I emailed valve about it, and they responded.

I decided to share it now, after over 2 years wait, I pretty much forgot about it, but just found it sitting in my email.

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/12...0/534/yj6k.jpg
    wish they had done it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #5307
    January 2014
    6 Posts
    Can I have it?
    Sure, just add me on Steam.
    Glad I was able to help you see the concept finished!

I've completely forgotten why I came to this thread in the first place.

28. Post #5308
    November 2013
    318 Posts
    hmmm... is this one taken?
    nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

29. Post #5309
    January 2006
    18,137 Posts

I feel like the gold is waaay too yellow, try sampling from one of the coats ingame with golden trim?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #5310
    July 2013
    471 Posts
    I feel like the gold is waaay too yellow, try sampling from one of the coats ingame with golden trim?
    I think he should use cream spirit sampled from the grenades if he changes the palette.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

31. Post #5311
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    3,502 Posts

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31Winner Winner x 8 (list)

32. Post #5312
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,126 Posts
    Paper Fortress 2: the thousand year hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

33. Post #5313
    August 2013
    4,909 Posts

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #5314
    January 2012
    313 Posts

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing
    well you definately reduced the poly count i can tell you that much...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #5315
    November 2010
    2,710 Posts

ihavenoideawhatiamdoing
    should be like this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 22Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #5316
    May 2011
    567 Posts

Skinning the LODs on this was an absolute nightmare! It nearly killed me, but thankfully I was able to get rid of any clipping.
    Also replaced the cross with a TF logo based on feedback from the last version.
    "I wish you hadn't done that." -Katz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #5317
    January 2012
    1,912 Posts
    from spuf:

wish they had done it
    Well, they did.
    For Dota 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #5318
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,247 Posts
    If anyone handsome and talented enough can help me smooth these damn playermodels, it'd be much appreciated. I've tried everything, including what people have suggested, but I just can't get it to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #5319
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,100 Posts
    If anyone handsome and talented enough can help me smooth these damn playermodels, it'd be much appreciated. I've tried everything, including what people have suggested, but I just can't get it to work.
    blender kills smoothing groups iirc. there are some blender-friendly tf2 models that keep the smoothing groups that you can use as a guide to smooth the models correctly again. (or copy them over somehow but i know little to jack shit about modeling)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #5320
    March 2013
    350 Posts
    About the lumber's cap's uv. I tried my best the fix em but...ultimately failed...so..yea. What to do?

(I'm super late as hell)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events