1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    130 Posts
    That's an official video. So are they trying really hard to make everyone think that Brian really is gone and then bring him back later this season?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

2. Post #162
    October 2008
    3,901 Posts
    it's just unnecessarily dramatic and excessively introspective, not to mention his death scene is disturbingly detailed

i'm talking about the gore of it. you remember when Family Guy had Stewie beat up Brian for not having his money? how it was a gag that started with a funny proposition, then escalated into gruesomeness, and you kept watching it get progressively more brutal, with your laughter eventually sustaining from shock alone?

same level of detail here. it's really hard to take this seriously when they used to have scenes with this same kind of content among the top Family Guy moments for comedic value. it's sad to think just how clearly the writers missed the chance to be tasteful in, believe it or not, toning down the gore of this segment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #163
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,615 Posts
    im sad now :(
    Wimp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    DHB
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,885 Posts
    it's just unnecessarily dramatic and excessively introspective, not to mention his death scene is disturbingly detailed

i'm talking about the gore of it. you remember when Family Guy had Stewie beat up Brian for not having his money? how it was a gag that started with a funny proposition, then escalated into gruesomeness, and you kept watching it get progressively more brutal, with your laughter eventually sustaining from shock alone?

same level of detail here. it's really hard to take this seriously when they used to have scenes with this same kind of content among the top Family Guy moments for comedic value. it's sad to think just how clearly the writers missed the chance to be tasteful in, believe it or not, toning down the gore of this segment
    Honestly, it's been shown that adding dramatic moments to animated sitcoms isn't an unobtainable feat. It's been done well in The Simpsons & Futurama.

Not to shit on Family Guy (I don't need to everybody else is doing it for me), but any serious moment I remember just didn't come off as sincere. Even Quagmire vs Brian felt shoehorned after a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,906 Posts
    That's an official video. So are they trying really hard to make everyone think that Brian really is gone and then bring him back later this season?
    Jesus the Chris and Meg flash back makes me realize he barely even interacted with them more then 20 seconds

6. Post #166
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,591 Posts
    My dad thinks I love family guy and keeps buying me family guy merchandise and I don't have the heart to tell him I think its a dumb show for morons.

breaks my heart
    my aunt does this

i own a t-shirt, two pairs of slippers and two dvds

i mean i don't hate the show like most of facepunch does but still

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,459 Posts
    family guy was a good show until they focused a little too much much on story and preachy politics

it stopped being funny after around the 4th season
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,314 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28 (list)

9. Post #169
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    April 2009
    19,757 Posts
    "Brian Griffin Return To Life"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,906 Posts
    my aunt does this

i own a t-shirt, two pairs of slippers and two dvds

i mean i don't hate the show like most of facepunch does but still
    I used to have a pair of Boxer shorts with peters face on em and his chin was where the balls were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

11. Post #171
    I will take every opportunity to remind you that I'm not gay
    January 2010
    5,805 Posts
    I used to have a pair of Boxer shorts with peters face on em and his chin was where the balls were.
    Was it this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

12. Post #172
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,916 Posts
    Ohh wow. If I was with a guy and that was what he was wearing, it'd be one of the biggest turnoffs possible I think. I'd probably just laugh my way out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    May 2011
    1,450 Posts
    Someone should count how many times the "palms open upwards" animation has been used in the entire show's run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #174
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    April 2009
    19,757 Posts
    Someone should count how many times the "palms open upwards" animation has been used in the entire show's run.
    Please, they'd commit suicide the moment they lost count and realized they'd have to start from the very start.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Mwah~<3
    October 2005
    2,870 Posts
    But that gesture is so easy to animate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,615 Posts
    "There is no count. It has always been, and so shall it always be."

-McFarlane 4:14

17. Post #177
    January 2011
    4,454 Posts
    Anyone remember the episode that ended with Brian pushing Stewie in front of a moving bus?
    I think it was one of the "lel random moments" like it didn't really happen or something I don't know what's really happening in show and what's not so :/.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    I think it was one of the "lel random moments" like it didn't really happen or something I don't know what's really happening in show and what's not so :/.
    how is it random that entire gag ran the whole episode

19. Post #179
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,123 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    His wife, a native of Morris county, and a most estimable lady, died in 1869, at the age of 61.
    March 2011
    8,187 Posts
    Sorry but ever since the Cartoon Wars South Park episode(s) I just laugh every time I hear about Post-Season 3 Family Guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,349 Posts
    There's a petition to bring him back on Facebook with 61k likes

People actually think he's permanently dead lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

22. Post #182
    May 2011
    5,226 Posts
    some topical gold from ancient YouTube Poop master WalrusGuy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    January 2010
    5,805 Posts
    some topical gold from ancient YouTube Poop master WalrusGuy
    Damn it, I was just about to post this.

24. Post #184
    Dennab
    November 2013
    17 Posts
    is that a tumor on his face?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #185
    (User was banned for this post ("Reaction image"))
    September 2011
    4,317 Posts
    Give me until the weekend and I get this report out the way and I will do just that.

Wish me luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

26. Post #186
    (User was banned for this post ("Reaction image"))
    September 2011
    4,317 Posts
    Give me until the weekend and I get this report out the way and I will do just that.

Wish me luck
    This may take longer than I thought.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    I was going to put it down to facepunch bashing family guy, well just because it was family guy. But i just finished watching the episode and its terrible, there just seems to be a complete lack of emotion in everything they say or do about the death, turning it into just another gambit in the episodes story.

The writing really has gone downhill massively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #188
    is that a tumor on his face?
    to be fair Brian looked stupid too with his giant barrel nose

29. Post #189
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    7,953 Posts
    There's a petition to bring him back on Facebook with 61k likes

People actually think he's permanently dead lol
    Seth Macfarlane is a marketing genius. The fact people are still talking about it almost a week on shows its a great marketing ploy (which is all it really is).

30. Post #190
    May 2012
    2,589 Posts
    Seth Macfarlane is a marketing genius. The fact people are still talking about it almost a week on shows its a great marketing ploy (which is all it really is).
    The fact people still think Seth writes this show makes him a genius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #191
    Bionic Disabled Girl Railing Officer
    August 2009
    4,494 Posts
    anyone else notice this?

apparently the universe in family guy disliked brian so much that it completely disregarded the laws of the universe to ensure that a new dog was there to take brians place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    at this point, seth is really just into family guy for the money. pretty sure he gave up on it having any comedic value a long fucking time ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,703 Posts
    at this point, seth is really just into family guy for the money. pretty sure he gave up on it having any comedic value a long fucking time ago
    I don't blame him, he'd be making thousands of dollars from a show that he hardly puts any work into any more.

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,066 Posts
    The fact people still think Seth writes this show makes him a genius.
    Yeah but he obviously still gets final say in major decisions

35. Post #195
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,988 Posts
    Im pretty sure Fox does, actually.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    9,265 Posts
    If the intro to the second and third Star Wars specials are any indication, he really doesn't.

37. Post #197
    January 2010
    5,805 Posts
    If the intro to the second and third Star Wars specials are any indication, he really doesn't.
    What happened in them?

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    3,590 Posts
    What happened in them?
    IIRC, the intro of the third special ranted that they were only making it because Fox wouldn't let Seth make Ted until they made a third Star Wars special.

Dunno if that was a joke or not, tho.

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,066 Posts
    Im pretty sure Fox does, actually.
    you know what I mean