1. Post #1

October 2013
    6 Posts
    How to find my coordinates, I tried /do coords but it wont work?

2. Post #2

July 2013
    22 Posts
    Currently as the game stands, there is no way to find your coords. At least none that I know of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3

November 2013
    70 Posts
    YOU GOIN' be lost bro!... its pretty easy to get turned around and lost with no map, no compass, no light, and keep in mind the sun doesn't rise and set appropriately so you cant use that a compass. =[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4

October 2013
    6 Posts
    YOU GOIN' be lost bro!... its pretty easy to get turned around and lost with no map, no compass, no light, and keep in mind the sun doesn't rise and set appropriately so you cant use that a compass. =[
    No need for compass, I can the map in my head :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    change my title again and i'll pwn u conna
    October 2012
    264 Posts
    The best you can do currently is have a sleeping bag. If you die, you can just respawn there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

6. Post #6

October 2013
    6 Posts
    The best you can do currently is have a sleeping bag. If you die, you can just respawn there.
    Lol, voting dumb on something you don't manage to do?

Seems like you don't understand my question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

November 2013
    70 Posts
    Lol, voting dumb on something you don't manage to do?

Seems like you don't understand my question.
    yea... that one threw me off too... still kinda confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

November 2013
    38 Posts
    the fact that /do coords was removed is kind of an insult to anyone trying to actually play the game the way it is intended to be played. It's almost like we're being encouraged to not build anything, but to just mindlessly roam and hope that we find good drops, then kill each other.. Like why even build anything if walls can be destroyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #9

November 2013
    70 Posts
    the fact that /do coords was removed is kind of an insult to anyone trying to actually play the game the way it is intended to be played. It's almost like we're being encouraged to not build anything, but to just mindlessly roam and hope that we find good drops, then kill each other.. Like why even build anything if walls can be destroyed.
    how does not having coordinates = not wanting you to build anything? I have an awesome pad set up at the moment and did it without coordinates... I don't see the relation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

November 2013
    38 Posts
    removing /do coords was incredibly stupid.. garry is a fucking child
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11

November 2013
    70 Posts
    removing /do coords was incredibly stupid.. garry is a fucking child
    yea.. ok again another response that doesn't make any sense its just you complaining like on all your other posts... and you wonder why people are talking to you the way they are.. good luck out there, seems like everything is going to be stupid to you maybe you just shouldn't play. were here to support a pre-production game... pre-production... meaning its not done yet so quit bitching and give some support to help improve it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

November 2013
    38 Posts
    pre production is about providing feedback to mold the game to be, if you dont like that then dont play a pre production game and talk in the community, youre ill productive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

November 2013
    70 Posts
    pre production is about providing feedback to mold the game to be, if you dont like that then dont play a pre production game and talk in the community, youre ill productive
    dude what the hell are you talking about??!! you don't even make any sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14

December 2012
    2 Posts
    Oh my God.
    Pain4Prez, Rust is an "Early Access" game. That means that it is an "alpha", or simply that it is not done yet.
    It clearly states this on the Steam Store page.
    If you do not want bugs and/or help shaping what could be an amazing game, just leave.
    Thanks for hearing me out.

15. Post #15

January 2014
    17 Posts
    The sun does rise in the East, and set in the West, just like IRL. You can always use that for direction finding. Other than that use rustmap.net or something to figure out where you're at using landmarks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2014
    218 Posts
    /location works for me

It gives X.Y.Z coords

17. Post #17

December 2012
    290 Posts
    Part of survival is being able to navigate. If you can't figure out how to navigate without all your fancy schmancy gadgets, you won't survive. You shouldn't need coordinates, or a compass, or a map. Use the environment around you to navigate.

18. Post #18

January 2014
    16 Posts
    The sun does rise in the East, and set in the West, just like IRL. You can always use that for direction finding. Other than that use rustmap.net or something to figure out where you're at using landmarks.
    Thanks I have been using a crude map instead of rustmap.net

19. Post #19

July 2014
    1 Posts
    The clouds also always move west, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)