1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    169 Posts

http://www.gmtower.org

What is it?

Source Karts is an action-packed kart racing gamemode designed for Garry's Mod Tower. With fast paced racing combined with the twists and turns of our state of the art anti-gravity track system, Source Karts aims to bring that feel-good kart racing experience to Garry's Mod to play with your friends.

Source Karts brings you:

- 14 Action-packed power ups!
    - Custom made fine-tuned kart physics with drifting, jumping and boosts!
    - Anti-gravity track physics (drive on walls)
    - 2 Maps at launch, and many more to come in the future!
    - Support up to 6 players!
    - Race AND battle mode!

With all of these features combined, it's safe to say that Source Karts is the primary choice for your kart racing experience in Garry's Mod.

Sounds AWESOME! How Do I Play?!

It's easy! Simply subscribe to our GMTower Collection and join the official GMTower server!

Downloads:

Developers:

MacDGuy (Lead Programming / Design)
    Matt (GameDev) (Level / Environment Design)
    Lifeless (Level / Environment Design)
    Steffen (Aigik) (Models)
    Zak (Programming)
    Clopsy (UI Design/Artwork)

Sam (Additional Programming Assistance)
    Foohy (Additional Programming Assistance)
    Voided (Additional Programming Assistance/Optimization)

Media:

Note: We're still kinking out some bugs. Bear with us as we get everything improved. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Lua King x 31Winner x 4Artistic x 3Zing x 1Useful x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Here's an in-depth demonstration of the gravity system from a while back:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner x 16Funny x 5Artistic x 1Zing x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,846 Posts
    I love the cards effect when getting a powerup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    ASK ME ABOUT MY LUCARIO FETISH
    October 2010
    310 Posts
    This is why I love Garry's Mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,857 Posts
    This is why I love Garry's Mod.
    This is why I wish to play GMTower, but I can't due to ping.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

6. Post #6
    Best in the World
    January 2012
    884 Posts
    I've waited so long for this! GMod Tower is just brilliant!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    155 Posts
    Looks awesome, can't wait to try it.

8. Post #8
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,213 Posts
    Wow, that UI. (One of the best I've seen in Garry's Mod)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,159 Posts
    Trailer music is DGTO - Moonrise if anyone was wondering, dudes got some dope beats. Hope to see you all on the server!

10. Post #10
    March 2012
    1,332 Posts
    take a look at this people, not all gamemodes have to be derp rp zombie edition ripoffs to be in garrys mod. im finally seeing some new things here, its great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,558 Posts
    It's so hard to believe this is still Garry's Mod, great job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Holy hell, look at this. This is amazing.

13. Post #13
    July 2012
    401 Posts
    It really is hard to believe that GMod Tower is still Garry's Mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,969 Posts
    take a look at this people, not all gamemodes have to be derp rp zombie edition ripoffs to be in garrys mod. im finally seeing some new things here, its great.
    Could we stop using the word "derp"? It's a pretty stupid word.

Regardless, this thing looks amazing, and reminds me a little bit of Mario Kart: Source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,537 Posts
    very well designed, well scripted, very professional. excellent work, this is resume quality content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    July 2013
    385 Posts
    very well designed, well scripted, very professional. excellent work, this is resume quality content.
    They are the creator of Gmtower. Ofc it is quality so good those guys are at coding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2012
    1,332 Posts
    Could we stop using the word "derp"? It's a pretty stupid word.
    i used it because i change the A from darkrp to an e, which is simple and everyone knows what im referring to. I dont blame Dark rp itself for the problems it has, its just that most people who use it that are complete morons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    September 2009
    57 Posts
    Looks great! Can't wait to play it on the server even though my internet can't really handle it that well and my laptop isn't the greatest when it comes to performance but oh well

It's still a HUGE improvement over "Source Karts Classic." (the one with dev textures and standard HL2 carts you know the one)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,128 Posts
    Well, Seems the server is down atm, So its time to wait for it to pop right back up.