1. Post #1
    Make passionate love with the local law enforcement
    August 2011
    1,343 Posts
    In this month’s edition of Jump X magazine in Japan, Ubisoft’s piratical plunderer and sea-wanderin’ assassin Edward Kenway from Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag makes the transition from game character to manga character with a special serialization from Japanese publisher Shueisha.

Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 43Informative x 2Dumb x 2Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,058 Posts
    Kenwaysan posted:
    Blackbeardchan~!, Blackbeardchan~! 私たちはその船をレイプし、略奪することができますか?
    Blackbeardchan posted:
    はい~ *^_^*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 64Winner Winner x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,363 Posts
    Usually when western licenses get turned into an anime or manga it doesn't end too well.

See dead space, dante's inferno, mass effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,377 Posts
    As silly as this is, I actually kind of want AC4. I want to be a pirate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,125 Posts
    Usually when western licenses get turned into an anime or manga it doesn't end too well.

Western comic characters don't usually turn out too well either.

Is Halo Legends good? I've heard too much silly fanboy bitching (animue is 4 fags1!) that it's hard to find proper honest opinions about it.

6. Post #6
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    13,755 Posts

EA cash-in movies do not count imo.

they are ment to be shit. Like the super mario bros tv show.

Ubisoft likes to have a hardcore grip on its ip so maybe some good will come out of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2007
    249 Posts
    Blackbeardchan~!, Blackbeardchan~! 私たちはその船をレイプし、略奪することができますか?
    ざっつらいと、あさめしまえ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,090 Posts
    I hate it when chunks of a game series story gets taken out and shoved into stupid comics and books, like when bungie decided it would be a good idea to put the time between halo 2 and halo 3 into a comic. Yeah um I your enjoy games, I don't want to have to read your crappy books and comics to understand the story thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Western comic characters don't usually turn out too well either.

Is Halo Legends good? I've heard too much silly fanboy bitching (animue is 4 fags1!) that it's hard to find proper honest opinions about it.
    Halo legends is awful. Not canon in the slightest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    i didnt think there was such a thing as expanding an universe too much, but the AC series has been overdoing it forever

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,398 Posts
    I hate it when chunks of a game series story gets taken out and shoved into stupid comics and books, like when bungie decided it would be a good idea to put the time between halo 2 and halo 3 into a comic. Yeah um I your enjoy games, I don't want to have to read your crappy books and comics to understand the story thanks.
    Or when 343i decided to base the entire story of Halo 4 on the events of some extended universe novel. "OMG it's Didact" "We have to stop Didact", meanwhile I'm asking "Who the fuck is Didact?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #12
    beep
    January 2006
    7,586 Posts
    what you dont like the booster frames?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Fram...cular_Activity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,670 Posts
    I read the AC Manga for this
    and it's actually pretty great.
    I really like the artstyle

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,801 Posts
    Always wanted a manga about climbing
    hoping it is kawai as fuck

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,274 Posts
    Everytime I read the word "manga" I think of this.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,401 Posts
    I don't think they were that bad, but the young supermodel Halsey trapped in a Covenant ship surrounded by many more Covenant ships saved by 4 Spartans on their spacejets with I think 2 casualties was a little off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    3,007 Posts
    Well, they are already making it a movie. Why not keep milking?

18. Post #18
    September 2010
    3,209 Posts
    I love mangas and everything, but

you wot/

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    735 Posts
    Halo Legends gets way too much shit imo, sure some of the episodes (or whatever you wanna call them) weren't great and yeah that one short movie about Elites in old Japan or whatever had a polarising artstyle but really it's not that bad overall

Just don't expect the same Halo you got from the games and the books and you'll like at least parts of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,058 Posts
    I don't really see what Halo has to do with Assassin's Creed, ye baka landlubbers

21. Post #21
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,058 Posts
    白痴日本人哈哈哈!你要乳酪汉堡吗?!你要炸薯条吗?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    7,161 Posts
    Art style seems okay, weirdly reminded of Castlevania from the picture shown. Asscreed didn't need a mango, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2010
    5,179 Posts
    Well, it wasn't spectacular narrative wise, but it was great animation wise. I would place it right next to the Animatrix.

I personally thought that the EA movies were lacking in both, it felt...shallow.

24. Post #24
    November 2012
    1,153 Posts
    Or when 343i decided to base the entire story of Halo 4 on the events of some extended universe novel. "OMG it's Didact" "We have to stop Didact", meanwhile I'm asking "Who the fuck is Didact?"
    I completely agree, the fact that Halo 4 exists is bad enough already without it not having a story that anyone who plays Halo gets

25. Post #25

May 2010
    1,118 Posts
    darksiders comic was good imo, why should this be different?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,256 Posts
    Seems weird but will probably check it out regardless

27. Post #27
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    13,755 Posts
    origins part 1 and 2 was amazing and easily the best part of halo legends. it was like watching animatrix at that point.

second place goes to the super crazy 3D animated one.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts

What the fuck are you talking about, the Mass Effect anime was fucking HILARIOUS.

We got a group of like 15 people together to laugh and cringe together

Edited:

Especially when the little girl and her mother get crushed in the Collector Ship, we were all just like "holy fuck AHAHAHAAA oh god".

Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2010
    569 Posts
    It seems like Naruto gets competition

30. Post #30
    December 2008
    1,653 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2010
    569 Posts
    Google Translate
    lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,363 Posts
    Halo Legends gets way too much shit imo, sure some of the episodes (or whatever you wanna call them) weren't great and yeah that one short movie about Elites in old Japan or whatever had a polarising artstyle but really it's not that bad overall

Just don't expect the same Halo you got from the games and the books and you'll like at least parts of it
    The feodal japan elites short was probably my favorite one because it just blatantly screwed around with the lore and did something great with the elites.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,793 Posts
    The feodal japan elites short was probably my favorite one because it just blatantly screwed around with the lore and did something great with the elites.
    I fucking loved The Duel, ain't nobody can convince me otherwise.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    913 Posts

i remember when cloverfield had that manga about some kid who could control the monster telepathically
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)