1. Post #1
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,904 Posts
    In an exclusive interview with CallTheCops Dan Bartlett an executive vice president with the company sat down with us to explain how WalMart EMS came to be. “Our fonder Sam Walton said ‘Listen to your associates. They are the best idea generators’. Each year we have grassroots surveys of our employees. Year after year we keep getting people asking us to do more to support associates who volunteer on fire/EMS services.”
    Mr. Bartlett explains that many WalMart stores are in rural and suburban areas. Most rural areas are serviced by volunteer or paid-on-call emergency services. So it stands to reason that at many of their stores a few employees might be members of these volunteer services.
    [...]
    “We created a win/win system here. Response times will be better because we are using staff at our stores to respond in an ambulance posted at our stores. So the community gets a better, faster EMS response. As a company we have a new income source, billing for EMS services.”
    WalMart is in a unique position to run a private EMS service. They can get double duty out of thier EMTs. At a typical full time EMS service, when not on a call the EMTs will post, or park, someplace to wait for a call. Thus these employees are being paid for time they are not actually doing “work”. But WalMart will have their EMTs stocking shelves and running cash registers. So every hour the EMT is working they are providing “work” to the company.
    http://callthecops.net/walmart-offer...s-rural-areas/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Zoe Quinn did nobody wrong.
    December 2007
    6,661 Posts
    I see nothing wrong with this, as long as they're trained to the same standard as usual EMTs I have no qualms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Eh?
    May 2007
    2,327 Posts

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    google has immortal research
    walmart has ambulances

whats next??? burger king has a hospital??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,004 Posts
    I see nothing wrong with this, as long as they're trained to the same standard as usual EMTs I have no qualms.
    Walmart will almost certainly not handle the training. In the US at least, EMT training is independent of ambulance companies, you just need to be a licensed EMT to be hired by one, and then they train you in whatever procedures are specific to their company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    I feel like Walmart is going to be faster than your typical EMS, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily going to provide the same quality you get normally. I can see them cutting corners in areas to save money. It is Walmart after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I SHOULDN'T OWN A FIREARM
    May 2005
    7,554 Posts
    Thus these employees are being paid for time they are not actually doing “work”. But WalMart will have their EMTs stocking shelves and running cash registers. So every hour the EMT is working they are providing “work” to the company.
    Oh god, just what I want, exhausted EMT workers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

8. Post #8
    walmart has ambulances

now you don't have to worry about having a heart attack in the fast good place again!

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,004 Posts
    Stacking shelves and running cash registers is hardly exhausting work. I would be more exhausted by sitting in an ambulance waiting for a call then I would be by keeping myself busy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    walmart has ambulances

Well McDonads has a fund to help the family of very sick children in hospitals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    9,635 Posts
    walmart has ambulances

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,443 Posts
    They said rural areas with volunteer EMT's. I live in a rural area with a fully volunteer Fire Department and Ambulance Service. During the day they're working their own individual jobs, and when there's an emergency, they all get paged. They leave their jobs, drive down to the Fire Station, change clothes, gear up, and take the Fire Trucks / Ambulances out to wherever they need to go.

What Walmart is doing is actually pretty smart in this case. By having their own Ambulances and hiring volunteer EMT's as a workforce, they completely cut out the travel time from work > fire / ambulance dept. That means faster medical response times in those areas.

13. Post #13

November 2009
    15,904 Posts
    Pic from article:

Edited:

Also, can a mod close the thread. Turns out its satire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,443 Posts
    Pic from article:

Is that real 'cause I'm going to be disappointed if it is.

They missed the opportunity to have the Star of Life in place of the yellow 'flash' pattern.

15. Post #15
    TOONOPHILE WEIRDO
    March 2010
    2,183 Posts
    Pic from article:

Edited:

Also, can a mod close the thread. Turns out its satire.
    Yep. Another article from the site:

http://callthecops.net/ios-7-replace...s-iphone-siri/

You blew it

EDIT: It also says the site is part of a humor network at the bottom to begin with
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

November 2009
    15,904 Posts
    Still good reads on there though. Especially the Badge Bunnies

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    1,667 Posts
    snip

Edited:

They said rural areas with volunteer EMT's. I live in a rural area with a fully volunteer Fire Department and Ambulance Service. During the day they're working their own individual jobs, and when there's an emergency, they all get paged. They leave their jobs, drive down to the Fire Station, change clothes, gear up, and take the Fire Trucks / Ambulances out to wherever they need to go.

What Walmart is doing is actually pretty smart in this case. By having their own Ambulances and hiring volunteer EMT's as a workforce, they completely cut out the travel time from work > fire / ambulance dept. That means faster medical response times in those areas.
    I'm a volunteer EMT in a small town and I go to school full time and run calls at night. The guys aren't as tired as you might expect. We alternate shifts so there will always be enough people that are already at the station to run all the ambulances at once if need be. We're about half paid and half volunteer so needless to say there are guys that just work at the station full time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,987 Posts
    Walmart will almost certainly not handle the training. In the US at least, EMT training is independent of ambulance companies, you just need to be a licensed EMT to be hired by one, and then they train you in whatever procedures are specific to their company.
    Others will deal with the training. Wal Mart will hire the people with the necessary credentials.

20. Post #20
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,085 Posts
    Even if this is a joke, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered this. Hell, they already have a bus service.

21. Post #21
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    May 2013
    179 Posts
    This actually seems surprisingly plausible. Construct small emergency rooms at the thousands of Walmart/Samsclub locations that are strategically placed in proximity to suburban districts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)