1. Post #1
    August 2013
    111 Posts
    So, as you know, good games are coming out this year( BF4 mainly, lol). Anyways, i was checking can you run it web page about games and i tested Crysis 3 and that made it over recommended but not over fast, so i think i'm going to need to upgrade a little of my PC.

I'm using i7-2600K 3.70 GHz.

For Graphics Card i have AMD Radeon HD series 6900 (Is it capable of running BF4 or would i have to upgrade that too?)

I have 8GB of Ram on my PC.

So i hope these things help you folks decide what's best as these are the most needed components for gaming.

If you could then please list of better components for the ones i have right now.

Soz if i seem like a dummy but i'm not the smartest in PC's.

Also note that i got this PC in late 2011....

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,562 Posts
    -don't take my advice ever-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,126 Posts
    Replace the GPU and you'd be good to go. Stick a 560ti in there or some shit.
    wtf

that's 2 gens old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,562 Posts
    wtf

that's 2 gens old.
    i'm a very cheap person
    i'm still using a 460 with one of the fan blades ripped off
    edit: holy fuck, i didn't even know the 6900 existed, i was thinking of the old non HD radeon gpu's that's why i recommended a 560
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,224 Posts
    Can I borrow this thread? I don't want to create a new one with the exact same title and question, clogging it all up.

i5-2310 2.90GHz
    10 GB ram
    GTX 550 Ti
    Win7 64bit

What should I upgrade first, and to what?

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,126 Posts
    Can I borrow this thread? I don't want to create a new one with the exact same title and question, clogging it all up.

i5-2310 2.90GHz
    10 GB ram
    GTX 550 Ti
    Win7 64bit

What should I upgrade first, and to what?
    550 Ti is a pretty sub par card for gaming, go for a gtx 760 or hd 7870 (760 is newer)

Edited:

^ same goes for op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,224 Posts
    I checked my Power Supply and its max power is 460W. Is it enough to run a gtx 760 with my other components?

8. Post #8
    August 2013
    111 Posts
    You can use this thread, but don't take all the credit :D.

Anyways, listing some little more powerful components would help alot :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2013
    96 Posts
    the 6900 series wouldn't have problems running bf4, but you won't play it on the highest settings. Get a gtx 760 or a radeon 7950.

the CPU is good, it would be a waste of money buying a new cpu instead of a new gpu. the 2600k won't even bottleneck a 780.

if you want to look for a gpu yourself, check this list: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    Get the best one for your money.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,126 Posts
    I checked my Power Supply and its max power is 460W. Is it enough to run a gtx 760 with my other components?
    Depends on brand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2013
    111 Posts
    the 6900 series wouldn't have problems running bf4, but you won't play it on the highest settings. Get a gtx 760 or a radeon 7950.

the CPU is good, it would be a waste of money buying a new cpu instead of a new gpu. the 2600k won't even bottleneck a 780.

if you want to look for a gpu yourself, check this list: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
    Get the best one for your money.
    How much better is gtx 760? I Need a card that will last for more than a year or two.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,514 Posts
    The 6950 is pretty solid. In fact, I think* your whole PC would be able to run BF4 on high (not max) without any upgrade.

(BF4)The recommended PC system requirements for optimal visual quality and frame rates:
    Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
    4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
    A modern DX11 graphics card with 1 GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series
    Windows 7 64-bit operating system (Windows 8 is supported as well)
    20+ GB of free harddrive space

*I dont now the real life system req of BF4 and they might turn out higher than usual due to the new consoles coming soon.

13. Post #13
    August 2013
    111 Posts
    I'll think about a new graphics card. Might update it in December....