1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts

Map Name: RP_Evocity_v4b1.
    Map type: Roleplay Large.
    Map Setting: Stereotypical valley setting, day and night enabled with skypaint skybox.

Description
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Evocity_v4b1 is an advancement on the original evocity map. It is now the latest version of the original evocity as of 8-4-13. The map has some changes that keep the map fresh and hopefully entertaining. Changes are listed below. this is just a beta version so report bugs and give feedback.

Please note that the new jail door system board doesn't fully work as it is the old jails control panel. In order to remotely open the cells from the security booth buttons c1-c5 will work. There is a holding cell as well but that cannot be controlled remotely. Only doors you can see from the security room are able to be operated. There is no shower anymore. All the jail has is a common room and cells. The police part of the police station setup is on the second floor of the GC. The elevator also is still not idiot proof.

Changelog
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    Code:
    -Added various props to the GC.
    -Fixed some of the tunnels around town.
    -Added sidewalk to downtown tunnel and moved the building near the hotel back to make the sidewalk usable again.
    -Added new impound yard.
    -Refurbished MTL to include full maintenance bay, 3 garage bus storage, and a new transfer terminal building with dock safety lights.
    -Refurbed the concrete plant.
    -Fixed doors
    -Added new motel.
    -Added another night club.
    -Tore down old white subs house.
    -Added decks to 2 of the sub houses as well as updated kitchens to all 3 remaining houses.
    -Removed for lease signs.
    -Added a sign on the hotel.
    -fixed some displacement issues and ability to get behind the map near hersh.
    -Fixed problem where people would drive their cars into the teleport elevator in the GC.
    -Removed glitchy water in suburbs.

Images

Download Links

https://mega.co.nz/#!5plHWRLR!DnmlOB...e39aNyMUrHFWek

Optional model and vehicle pack(Currently has 53 vehicles!)

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/923...er-35-vehicles!

Credits

Sir Zolofto: Co mapper and textures.
    Ajacks: Textures.
    Broseph: Textures.
    Oskutin: The camera gate button thing on the impound lot. (found it in one of his vmf's and it was perfect.)
    All source games: Content

Other content not listed was found online somewhere and I can't remember from where.

Me I guess.

Post bugs, comments, concerns, death threats, rants about why you think I am an asshole etc. If you don't errors will never get fixed. So post don't just rate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Mapping King x 81Friendly x 2Dumb x 2Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    What, you don't want death threats?

Going off the images (as i do), it looks like yet another good looking map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

October 2011
    35 Posts
    "@"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

Elevator seems to be going a bit further down than it should.

That's all I found after noclipping through the map, also noticed a greater performance compared to v33x, good job! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts

Elevator seems to be going a bit further down than it should.

That's all I found after noclipping through the map, also noticed a greater performance compared to v33x, good job! :D
    Yeah it's the spawn position. Something I need to fix. Once the elevator is used once it won't go back there.

What, you don't want death threats?

Going off the images (as i do), it looks like yet another good looking map.
    Added to OP. Also thanks. :)

6. Post #6
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,925 Posts
    Glad this finally made it out :) Looks great just by skimming around the map

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,297 Posts
    Holy shit how did I not see this before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN
    March 2007
    2,186 Posts
    Love this map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,113 Posts
    It's looking great, good job!

Only remark I really have is the empty spot in the Villa area. I wouldn't mind it that much if it was all grass, but the displacement texturing looks a bit odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,674 Posts
    Holy shit how did I not see this before
    because it just came out.
    anyway, this is awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

March 2013
    570 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

October 2011
    17 Posts
    Still no walkways in most of the tunnels?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Still no walkways in most of the tunnels?
    Just out of the city and into industrial. I don't see the need to add sidewalks in all the tunnels. If you need to get to the car dealer catch a ride from someone or just be careful. All the tunnels are lit now so people can at least see you.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    148 Posts
    Will this ever be added to the workshop since gmod now has the workshop map download system now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,297 Posts
    because it just came out.
    anyway, this is awesome!
    I was browsing while it was posted, and I had looked through the map section several times, failing to notice it.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Will this ever be added to the workshop since gmod now has the workshop map download system now?
    No it exceeds the file size limit by 250MB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    148 Posts
    Damn, that truly sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Source Multi-Tool
    March 2010
    955 Posts
    You should be able to split it up into parts, I know in L4D2 you can get around this by packing up custom assets into separate uploads and just numbered them and have a collection setup so people can download all parts at once.

Example:

Part 1 = .bsp and maybe some materials

Part 2 = more materials

part 3 = models

etc.

It's how campaigns like I hate mountains did it. It doesn't mess with filepath name so nothing should theoretically break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,832 Posts
    Sgt. your maps are the epitome of good roleplay maps.

I think it's fantastic that you're still going at it, can't wait to play it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #20
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts

Added to OP. Also thanks. :)
    Wait...was that sgt sgt being nice...

Who are you and what have you done with sgt sgt :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I personally think you should look to getting some more vehicles, perhaps from other games.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,653 Posts
    Is there a mirror download by any chance?

23. Post #23
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    862 Posts
    Where is the second night club?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,297 Posts
    Where is the second night club?
    It's in those warehouses near the car dealer. Pretty cool stuff

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,177 Posts
    So do vehicles already spawn in the map by itself or do I need the pack for them to show up? Or were they pre-placed for the screenshot?

26. Post #26
    So do vehicles already spawn in the map by itself or do I need the pack for them to show up? Or were they pre-placed for the screenshot?
    I believe they're pre-placed for the screenshot. Probably to show stuff that works, or just to show off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    i love everyone
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,351 Posts
    holy shit i love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Yeah as Black-Ice said they are placed to demonstrate how it works. I took that picture quite a long time ago but that building did not change so it worked.

I do a lot of pre-placement in my maps to check usability.

Like this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,828 Posts
    I assume the map is not compiled for HDR? Otherwise this is really nice. Good job!

30. Post #30
    January 2012
    79 Posts
    You're fucking great. I love your shit man! Your maps are the best! I'm glad you didn't quit mapping on GMod!

31. Post #31
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,242 Posts
    All of a sudden. Was thinking about this map recently.

Edited:

Also, previous maps came with source, what about now?

32. Post #32

May 2013
    11 Posts
    Where do i get the missing textures? Like the grass the PD rock wall and the water?

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    264 Posts
    My dedicated server crashes when I load this map, I have no way of telling what the error is either, it says "PREP OK" then just closes.

Fixed: Needed to add +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 to the command line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Where do i get the missing textures? Like the grass the PD rock wall and the water?
    Half Life Episode 2 and Episode 1. I added a banner to hopefully prevent anymore of this question as I forgot to add the requirements to the OP. Sorry for not doing so earlier.

35. Post #35

July 2013
    6 Posts
    Time to switch the PERP map! Hell yeah! C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2012
    8 Posts
    HOLY FUCKING GOD YES... I loooove the map sgt THANK YOU

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,027 Posts
    Very nice work :)
    It's been fun seeing the evolution of this map, And it does actually feel like a city evolving on it's own. Keep up the good work, It's great :)

38. Post #38
    PredatorRealm

January 2012
    54 Posts
    I crash sometimes in the skybox, never did that on v33x, might be a bug?

39. Post #39
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,484 Posts
    there's a skybox? I always thought it was just a 2d sky even in 33 and 17. (Still use those by the way)

40. Post #40

December 2012
    6 Posts
    The download link crashes my internet please add a mirror...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Cyprus Show Events Funny x 2Winner x 2Useful x 1Zing x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)