1. Post #721
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    22,009 Posts

if you dont like beowulf we're not friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    I don't think I'm ever going to play this game online anymore unless it's just me and my friends.
    It has really shit-tier balancing.

ie: Peacock with Double's Bella assist. It knocks me full screen away ON BLOCK and there is literally no way to punish it unless I were to use the same cheap-ass team.
    Actually, just nerf the fucking Bella assist and I'd probably just be complaining about how bad I am.
    I think either way you're just complaining about how bad you are

3. Post #723
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,936 Posts
    I think either way you're just complaining about how bad you are
    Yeah, I don't know the game very well, but It's not like I'm pissy about Peacock spam or anything like that. It's just that the Bella assist hits you from anywhere on-screen and can be spammed out as soon as she's off the stage again. Mix that with the miles of blockstun Peacock puts you in, and you've got a grade A team right there.

That's why I can't wait for Big Band since he's getting a SF3 style parry which I can use to get through stupid chip-out antics.

4. Post #724
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    Hornet Bomber has already been nerfed before.

It's no longer as good as it once was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    (still pretty damn useful though)

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,936 Posts
    Relevant:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,511 Posts
    after learning cerebella and filia, it's time for me to learn double.

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,849 Posts
    I kind of want to see a character that's just someone in a striped tuxedo with a cigar and a skull for a head.

That summons a spider with an upside down skull for a head.

9. Post #729
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,015 Posts

if you dont like beowulf we're not friends
    I still find it amusing that everyone voted for a man with a chair instead of a time traveller, shark or a fish waitress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #730
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    I voted for Minette. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    1,054 Posts
    I still find it amusing that everyone voted for a man with a chair instead of a time traveller, shark or a fish waitress.
    But not a giant with tank on his hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,981 Posts
    But not a giant with tank on his hand.
    Indeed, panzerfaust should have won, it sucks that people voted a boring kanji like in, and a small army of waifus got more votes than him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #733
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    Youre playing the wrong game if you have a problem with people wanting more girlies in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,384 Posts
    Indeed, panzerfaust should have won, it sucks that people voted a boring kanji like in, and a small army of waifus got more votes than him.
    But Kanji is fun in P4A :c

But I would still want Minette
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    17,849 Posts
    Youre playing the wrong game if you have a problem with people wanting more girlies in the game
    More tit physics I say, more !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,981 Posts
    bros before fish ho's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

17. Post #737
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    22,009 Posts
    beowulf owns

he's a wrestler. wrestlers own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,187 Posts
    There's nothing wrong with Beowulf in my opinion. I'm more upset about Robo Ms. Fortune being a character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #739
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    I think it would be more consistent if they kept the roster to females only but whatever. I'm a bit iffy on robo fortune too because she isn't going to be entirely original obviously. I just hope she's more unique than how Capcom deal with shotos.

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,384 Posts
    There's nothing wrong with Beowulf in my opinion. I'm more upset about Robo Ms. Fortune being a character.
    I like Robo-MF because it looks like Robo-Ky, who is a magnificent asshole in Guilty Gear

Edited:

I think it would be more consistent if they kept the roster to females only but whatever. I'm a bit iffy on robo fortune too because she isn't going to be entirely original obviously. I just hope she's more unique than how Capcom deal with shotos.
    I imagine it to be similar to Robo-Ky in that maybe 1 or 2 moves are similar but they work completely differently.

21. Post #741
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,180 Posts
    Should i buy this game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #742
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,256 Posts
    If you enjoy getting your ass handed to you every match, sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #743
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    If youre willing to learn how fighting games work then yes. Don't expect to be good overnight.

If youre looking for a game that you can pick up and play then Skullgirls is not for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #744
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,408 Posts
    Should i buy this game?
    no you should buy weed instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #745
    December 2009
    8,367 Posts
    HI ZOMBII

Also wow digging the art they use in Arcade. Just wish they used actual voice acting though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,187 Posts
    I find it really funny that you can destroy an Egret biker with a single punch.

27. Post #747
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    Meanwhile a Black Egret soldier can soak up multiple projectiles

28. Post #748
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,256 Posts
    you have to embrace it

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,977 Posts
    I don't have a controller. Should I still buy this game? It looks fun.

31. Post #751
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,256 Posts
    You can play fine with a keyboard, unless its shit keyboard and doesnt register if you press many buttons same time etc

32. Post #752
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    is there a way to dc without alt f4ing? the game takes 5 seconds to restart but just wondering

waste of time to play noskill dickheads that infinite combo
    looks like someone's a bit salty

especially when you talk shit on my profile and say I'm pathetic for warning people that FGs require a bit of effort to learn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #754
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    8,009 Posts
    HI ZOMBII

Also wow digging the art they use in Arcade. Just wish they used actual voice acting though.
    Eh?

35. Post #755
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    I don't see how it's condescending, you're just taking it the wrong way.

As people have said before in this thread, there's a very big misconception that FGs can just be picked up and played. The Skullgirls tutorial is great as it helps beginners learn what you usually have to look up yourself. Not to mention if you decide to really get into the game you'll probably want a stick which is a big investment.

36. Post #756
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,164 Posts
    is there a way to dc without alt f4ing? the game takes 5 seconds to restart but just wondering

waste of time to play noskill dickheads that infinite combo
    alt tab, right click and close. works for me when I get put up against people who either spam or just infinite combo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,981 Posts
    In fighting games, there's only one rule, if it works, keep doing it. It's your fault that you don't break out of infinites, it's your fault that you let them zone you out.

38. Post #758
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    are you guys for real, you rage quit when you're getting beat

that's pretty dog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #759
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,164 Posts
    are you guys for real, you rage quit when you're getting beat

that's pretty dog
    hard to learn when you get spammed and infinite combo'd into a wall

Edited:

also whats the point of playing multiplayer if you're just going to get put against people who can beat you in under 20 seconds?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #760
    February 2009
    22,936 Posts
    you ain't gonna learn shit if you rage quit every time you're not having a close game/winning

at least accept the loss and don't queue up again for quick match or quit the lobby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)