1. Post #1

July 2013
    46 Posts
    Hello facepunch comunity!
    Like most of you guys I'm on the hunt for a Rust key. But since there is currently no way to get one I really need a similar game to waist my time on until Rust is released.
    I'm looking for:

Surviving
    Building
    Crafting
    Multiplayer
    FPS

Please don't hate me for my English it's not my main language! :)

I don't like minecraft because of the engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I was saying "Boo-urns".
    November 2012
    1,028 Posts
    Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    40 Posts
    GMStranded for gmod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

July 2013
    46 Posts
    Minecraft.
    I don't like minecraft because of the graphics. Forggot to add that :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb x 55Funny x 4Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    If you're looking to discuss games in general instead of Rust, you should probably go to the General Games Discussion subforum, not the Rust subforum.

Hint: This used to be in the Rust subforum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

July 2013
    46 Posts
    GMStranded for gmod?
    Look's nice. Are there pvp servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    13,717 Posts
    Unfortunately the majority of DayZ clones don't have building like Rust does, so it's hard to meet all of your criteria. The most I can recommend is "7 Days to Die" which isn't released yet, but it does have everything you listed and more.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

July 2013
    16 Posts
    http://www.havenandhearth.com/

IMO soo much better than rust O_o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

July 2013
    46 Posts
    Unfortunately the majority of DayZ clones don't have building like Rust does, so it's hard to meet all of your criteria. The most I can recommend is "7 Days to Die" which isn't released yet, but it does have everything you listed and more.

Looks epic!
    Idea when it will be released?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2012
    217 Posts
    http://www.havenandhearth.com/

IMO soo much better than rust O_o
    For the love of everything, please tell me that you are trolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    13,717 Posts
    Looks epic!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=160808204

It's pre-alpha, so not any time soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

July 2013
    1 Posts
    Looks epic!
    I Think Its Coming Out May 2014.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

July 2013
    12 Posts
    I don't like minecraft because of the graphics
    that is the most retarded fucking thing i have ever heard and i hope you're now contemplating suicide

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - SteveUK))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,758 Posts
    i can't fucking breathe i'm laughing so hard holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #15

July 2013
    46 Posts
    Let me correct my self.
    I don't like it because of the game engine.
    Ok?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    5,105 Posts
    Let me correct my self.
    I don't like it because of the game engine.
    Ok?
    That's like saying Bioshock is a shit game because it runs on Unreal Engine and you happen to not like Unreal Engine or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

July 2013
    18 Posts
    That's like saying Bioshock is a shit game because it runs on Unreal Engine and you happen to not like Unreal Engine or something.
    bioshock won me the drawing competiton ;P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,025 Posts
    You're somehow in a huge laughing fit because you discovered not everyone likes your favorite game's voxel graphics?

What the fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

July 2013
    46 Posts
    Never said it's a shitty game.
    I just don't like it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    5,105 Posts
    You're somehow in a huge laughing fit because you discovered not everyone likes your favorite game's voxel graphics?

What the fuck?
    It's more like the fact that you can change it however you like and it's your own fault if you don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

July 2013
    23 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2013
    579 Posts
    GMStranded for gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2013
    301 Posts
    I heard of a game called Roam, not sure if it's available yet. Here is the kickstarter. Looks pretty good.

24. Post #24
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,758 Posts

What the fuck?
    i don't even like minecraft but ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

July 2013
    46 Posts
    I heard of a game called Roam, not sure if it's available yet. Here is the kickstarter. Looks pretty good.
    Release in early 2014 (maybe)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2013
    101 Posts
    i don't even like minecraft but ok
    People ask where i get my ingame name and fourm name. its from minecraft which i played 5 years ago when i was a child now i dont play it because i relized its shit and everyone tells me to go back to it.
    Why would i go back to the shitty minecraft? same man why would i go back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    June 2013
    301 Posts
    People ask where i get my ingame name and fourm name. its from minecraft which i played 5 years ago when i was a child now i dont play it because i relized its shit and everyone tells me to go back to it.
    Is the point of your post that Minecraft is shitty? You cannot be the judge of it. You can just have an opinion. If your opinion is full of bullshit, please keep it to yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Montenegro Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Who the fuck was even talking to you? Why did you join this thread just to share that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Arc is the sexiest

July 2013
    12 Posts
    Is the point of your post that Minecraft is shitty? You cannot be the judge of it. You can just have an opinion. If your opinion is full of bullshit, please keep it to yourself.
    You opnion is that his opnion is bullshit seems legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,615 Posts
    WarZ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,220 Posts
    Come play 2b2t.net over on Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2013
    249 Posts
    ^^
    Ha.... haha... Nice joke...
    ... Ha..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2013
    63 Posts
    -DayZ (Just a mod ATM)
    -Infestation: Survivor Stories/ WarZ (Don't pick this one up if you follow the ideas of the people who dislike the game)
    -7 Days to Die (Currently being funded through kickstarter)
    -Minecraft (Like the engine or not, this game is a legend)

ATM, there are not many games that fulfill the gameplay style like Rust and the mentioned above does. So you should try what is out there at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Mexico Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,497 Posts
    Unfortunately the majority of DayZ clones don't have building like Rust does, so it's hard to meet all of your criteria.
    ArmA 2 Wasteland is pretty cool, I remember once talking with my team and we all decided to build a base on a mountain. We actually made groups and we'd switch between guarding the base and collecting supplies. At the end we had one huge castle with tons of supplies, our base became the enemy's biggest target and they attacked. We fought very hard, but it wasn't enough. The enemy had collected rocket launcher and they were also deploying airstrikes. We lost our base
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

July 2013
    12 Posts
    Anymore anyone can think of this is interesting o.O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    June 2013
    496 Posts
    Graphics. It is a 16x16 voxel game, use a 256x256 texture pack if you are so peckish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

July 2013
    4 Posts
    The forest it isent realised but it looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qTtVMM3uqQ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

July 2013
    16 Posts
    For the love of everything, please tell me that you are trolling.
    I don't trool :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #39

July 2013
    5 Posts
    Looks epic!
    If you pledge for $35,- on their kickstarter you will get the alpha somewhere in August.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

July 2013
    1 Posts
    Playable each 20$ for Alpha+

Survive
    http://www.subsurfacegames.com/survivealpha

The Dead Linger
    http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Both are in early alpha. Survives graphics are closer to the final product. The Dead Linger has tons more gameplay available now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)