1. Post #1
    I like the news
    Dennab
    July 2009
    3,373 Posts
    Investigators assume he suffered the fatal injuries while operating the helicopter.

The hobby craft was a Gaui X7 model, advertised on the internet at prices ranging from $900 to $1,400.

The 2.3-kilogram chopper, with a a 1.61-metre diameter main rotor, is 1.34 metres long and 37 centimetres high, according to the specifications from the TSH Gaui Hobby Corporation, a Taiwanese company.

The exact circumstances of the manís death have yet to be clarified, police said.
    Source(The Local)

Deaths related to model helicopter accidents are rare.
    I sure hope they're rare!

K holy shit that really does look deadly

(User was banned for this post ("Search before you post" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Late x 25Friendly x 9Funny x 4Informative x 1Useful x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    May 2006
    216 Posts
    Jesus. If that was coming my way, I'd shit myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    460 Posts
    Didn't this same exact thing happen last week?
    Edit: Yeah, it did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,201 Posts
    Those things are dangerous as fuck, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Even if you know what you're doing though, it can still get pretty nasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #5
    I like the news
    Dennab
    July 2009
    3,373 Posts
    Didn't this same exact thing happen last week?
    Judging by the late ratings (Lol) im getting i guess so. The article was from 4 days ago :S I can't find the other one though.

Edited:

Ah, no wonder I couldnt find the article.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,847 Posts
    Why can't people just fly these things responsibly, as they are meant to be flown?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,470 Posts
    Why can't people just fly these things responsibly, as they are meant to be flown?
    The person was probably using it the way it was meant to be used and it was still lethal, besides, doing tricks on one usually isn't dangerous if you're careful

8. Post #8
    March 2010
    722 Posts
    I'm amazed we went two threads of this with nobody bringing up manhacks, I thought this was a Garry's Mod forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

February 2012
    373 Posts

If you're referring to the Aerobatics, they're built with doing those stunts in mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    11,896 Posts
    they do fly as they're meant to be flown.

if you buy a stunt helo to fly in circles all day, you're definitely not big into the hobby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,847 Posts
    they do fly as they're meant to be flown.

if you buy a stunt helo to fly in circles all day, you're definitely not big into the hobby
    I wasn't saying "Don't do stunts" so much as "Don't flip it around like you see people who've been doing it for years do on youtube and expect it to go well"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    3,359 Posts
    I'm amazed we went two threads of this with nobody bringing up manhacks, I thought this was a Garry's Mod forum.
    Most regulars here don't play GMod often.

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    1,000 Posts
    RC helicopters are fucking hard to fly.

I remember when a gust of wind hit mine and it nearly crashed into someones head.

I haven't touched it since.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,463 Posts
    I wasn't saying "Don't do stunts" so much as "Don't flip it around like you see people who've been doing it for years do on youtube and expect it to go well"
    You buy these things for the sole purpose of doing stunts, to do anything else is a waste of money, even veterans crash their toys

I buzz over my head all the time on private fields, but there are also sanctioned airfields for this stuff.

The idea is not to fly over other people, but if I kill myself by flying my 1/3 scale aircraft 100mph into my face that's my problem.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,847 Posts
    You buy these things for the sole purpose of doing stunts, to do anything else is a waste of money, even veterans crash their toys

I buzz over my head all the time on private fields, but there are also sanctioned airfields for this stuff.
    It's a problem you deal with for a moment of surprise and agony, but it's one you leave everyone who outlives you with for the rest of their lives.
    The idea is not to fly over other people, but if I kill myself by flying my 1/3 scale aircraft 100mph into my face that's my problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)