1. Post #1
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    ARG has ended (the beginning of it, anyways) , will keep original OP up for archive purposes. Was fun, friends!

He also has uploaded 77 (which was before this), 75, and 74.

What is he trying to tell us?

So, a few hours after this was originally posted, we've got some extra info:

/x/ posted:
    /x/,

There's a youtube channel called Pronunciation Book (youtube.com/pronunciationbook) that, since like 2010, has been uploading simple videos that are just 1) black text on white screen and 2) a voice pronouncing the text. It has dozens of millions of total views, and is pretty well-known (I first saw it back in 2011, and there's a parody of it that intentionally mispronouncs words).

A few days ago it started posting numbers, starting with 77, and counting down each day. But instead of pronouncing the numbers, it is saying sentences like "I have been trying to tell you something for a thousand days". I am very rarely creeped out any more, and I guess this isn't really "creepy" but it certainly is unexpected.

I refuse to believe that this is marketing, because no one would make a fake business literally for years just to market something. I also refuse to believe that this is a troll, because if so, I tip my hat, he's been doing it so long.

TLDR PronunciationBook, a channel on youtube, has apparently been trying to communicate through single words/phrases since 2010.
    /x/ has organized a Google Doc for this, which should help out if you've just now wondered what the fuck is going on. View it at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eview?sle=true.
    They've also put together an IRC which you can find over at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%2376Days
    Here's a log of most of the videos for those who don't feel like watching them all http://pastebin.com/xwjjZMur

Derp Y. Mail took the liberty of constructing a video which will hopefully give you most of the backstory of this ARG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative x 93Winner x 7Funny x 7Dumb x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Pomf =3
    October 2008
    3,570 Posts
    This is actually kind of creepy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 135Disagree x 4Funny x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    Well thats kind of eerie haha, I wonder what will happen

Edited:

I think 75 is the creepiest though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny x 37Informative x 6Agree x 3Winner x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,668 Posts
    ARG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,802 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Half-Life 3 confirmed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 203Funny x 15Optimistic x 3Zing x 2Winner x 2Artistic x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2007
    2,464 Posts
    He's been trying to tell us something for 3 years, his first video was 3 years ago.

SOMEONE FUCKING WRITE DOWN EVERY SINGLE WORD HES PRONOUNCED IN HIS VIDEOS.

We're about to solve the greatest jumbled paragraph of our time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 86Funny x 23Winner x 4Optimistic x 1Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    Genuinely interested in such a turn from comedic channel to... a countdown?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2011
    1,884 Posts
    Im freaked out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,644 Posts
    Sounds like the guy from Bro Team reviews, just less yelly and more serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #11
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    September 25, 2013.

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictiona...ember+25,+2013

nothing special
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2010
    424 Posts
    I am ready for another ARG!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2007
    2,464 Posts
    September 25, 2013.
    6th Anniversary of the release of Halo 3???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 37Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    Will Smith's birthday?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 28Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Genuinely interested in such a turn from comedic channel to... a countdown?
    I thought pronunciationbook was the serious channel and pronunciationmanual was the parody... or do I have that backwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 58Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    wait this is the serious channel

what is happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 86Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    PM is the parody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    725 Posts
    That's my birthday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner x 62Agree x 2Optimistic x 2Disagree x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    4,668 Posts
    his first video was 1183 days ago. We need someone to transcribe all the things he's pronounced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

20. Post #20
    Buy Some Apples
    March 2009
    1,159 Posts
    Maybe its like, the first letter of each word. Oh man oh man this is creepy.
    Or the word's biggest anagram.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,482 Posts
    It's time's end all over again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    I love Doug!
    October 2012
    4,444 Posts
    74 days from now is September 24/25th.

Edited:

shit im late
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Place a message on my profile stating how you feel towards me. (obligatory: scriptkiddy destroyer)
    March 2012
    4,434 Posts
    wait wtf this isn't the parody one

this is the real one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 60Late Late x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I am not a cool person please ignore everything I say
    May 2010
    4,113 Posts
    People in the comments are flipping their shit. This is kinda creepy.

25. Post #25
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,250 Posts
    The funny thing is he's said so many words he could easily go "Heh some of them formed a sentence look it's creepy" just for shits n giggles, but I feel like it's slightly bigger than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

26. Post #26
    TAIWANESE v.2

May 2011
    2,662 Posts
    4chan threads, if anything 4chan will figure it out.

/x/ https://boards.4chan.org/x/res/12989953

/b/ https://boards.4chan.org/b/res/492876502
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful x 7Agree x 6Dumb x 2Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Sock the Foot Cloth
    Dennab
    November 2010
    1,952 Posts
    There's still the theory that this guy is just trolling us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    ">How to Apologize to gf
    Sorry We tried to be young Heros
    >How to ask for help
    Please help me escape from this place.
    >How to make a Suggestion
    I think we should learn the local customs.
    What if we destroyed the documents instead?
    >How to apologize
    I'm very sorry that you had to see that chief.
    This tragedy is no ones fault but our own."

what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 14Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    May 2011
    1,884 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 91Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    also

/b/ posted:
    Starting at oldest on top to newest towards bottom.
    ( ) mean first letter of next word.

AaaabBbbbBbaAcCCcbCCCCcdddDDddddeAE(W)eEEEEEeFFfff ggGGgGH(L)HHhh(c)HhIiI(H)IIIJJJJJJJKKKKKK(C)KKKAcE hJ(B)lm(n)NostuVwY(T)zaAaBBCCDdDFFGGGgHHhIiIIK(P)L LmMmnNttlmM(T)noPSppSwWwLLLLL(P)(Q)LmMMmmMmMNNNnop qRt(w)WsnNOOoooOoooPpp(f)P(S)Pppp(f)pRrttUUUuuvV(G vYyZZ(AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVv WwXxYyZz)aE(S)EEEf(t)FghI(l)(y)jAl(y)nOppsuzqtvJ(G )qf(j)NzQfeW(K)y(s)PRVRrm(a)T(H)Z(G)QYW(J)Ut(r)uUa (l)Yja(l)y(C)(a)(L)sS(S)sahMTWTFSSAMKCSaaepgSTS(A) msGmCSbvtspt(w)NtmHMajffcc(d)tahMrcGpspOcRlnsPeCGN cMhNpOta(n)spNpSSIAcsmcgTWbETdTacGseEsATBSbMCLtjle a_1999_iAaAoBiBabaBscwcfCwcbdaD(G)eFGIiiIkK(W)LmMN OOqrsSSSstTttUvVwW(c)(n)XxYZZZZZZJbAtapmsKus(b)cuf Fn(t)KHD(B)KD(W)SMeKcf(p)jicvttg(j)gobfcbMh(m)Qmsn PPR(D)d(l)NeOn(b)pQMqQqg(j)R(a)OqogbuJ(K)HRSrp(m)S uvW(G)wwYWZ(M)XZZwabflmhfSpuVo(f)P(h)(m)(e)(f)(t)( p)I(t)(w)(s)(l)(t)(l)(c)I(l)(a)(W)(o)(w)(s)(f)T(t) (o)(t)(s)(c)(b)(i)R(o)(y)(g)(b)(i)(v)W(i)(t)(o)(o) (y)(w)(m)(i)(t)(w)D(k)(m)(i)(t)I(s)(I)(t)(y)(b)(m) (t)(w)(o)I(h)(n)(c)(b)(t)(c)(t)(m)H(c)(y)(p)(w)(u) (e)(a)(i)A(W)(a)(y)(d)(h)W(n)(k)(t)(l)(c)(e)(a)(a) I(t)(t)(t)(y)(s)(b)(y)(j)(n)(l)W(j)(a)(a)(h)(a)(b) (w)(j)(y)(f)(a)(d)Y(c)(u)(w)(i)(l)(t)(b)(s)(h)S(t) (h)(o)(M)-10-I(d)(c)(w)(C)(s)(Y)(a)(g)(t)(c)(t)(a)T(t)(l)(t)(d) (I)(t)(s)(h)(o)(t)(m)(d)

The next one is How to backpedal in english
    Im done. Migraine
    Edited:

All of his videos link to "How to ask for Help in English" now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    13,764 Posts
    looking at his video creation history i found some stuff that connects.

i also circled some odd shit.

The Please help me escape from this place video also has a sentence in it that connects to the chief character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 33Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    Somewhere along the lines they found morse code (can someone confirm it? it's at the end of the numbers video?) and they're claiming it says this:

Code:
    7 People/ Bohemian Grove/ Lighght

which is being linked to

/b/ posted:
    >>492903627
    Just googled 'Bohemian Grove'
    http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ve_exposed.htm
    Edited:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 8 (list)

33. Post #33
    June 2013
    195 Posts
    i cant sleep this is bothering me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 40Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    i'm noided
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,288 Posts
    This is creepy as fuck, now I can't sleep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2011
    4,668 Posts
    this isn't that creepy to be honest, there are much creepier ARGs out there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 28Agree Agree x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,600 Posts
    this isn't that creepy to be honest, there are much creepier ARGs out there
    I dunno man this ARG is been in the works for how long?

amendment :
    >Joined Apr 14, 2010
    >872 videos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 54 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,801 Posts
    Huh, well this is, you could say pretty strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    4,668 Posts
    I dunno man this ARG is been in the works for how long?
    look up otp22, that's spooky.
    Like we aren't even sure if it's a game or not, like there's a lot of stuff in it including many many phone numbers, several desk workers and complex puzzles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2010
    727 Posts
    I can't handle the creepy pause after he finish talking. I mean, really, it's pretty fucking unsettling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 71 (list)