1. Post #1
    Dennab
    July 2013
    282 Posts
    Hey all, been playing rust and ive noticed that majority of chat in game are people asking questions. this includes myself sometimes.
    so im starting a Ingame FAQ's thread that i will update. ill post questions to get it started but then ill take answers and questions from the replies. dont know something? ask here and when someone answers it i will add it to the list so its easy to find for future readers.

BASICS:

Q: How many hits does an axe take to break a wooden door with full health?
    A: 112 hits

Q: How many hits does a pickaxe take to break a wooden door with full health?
    A: 56 hits

Q: Do bluebrints you've learned stay with you when you die?
    A: Yes, they last forever

Q: Can you break this this and that?!
    A: With melee you can break doors,boxes,barricades, ramps, stairs, sleeping bags, storage bags, fires, wood shelters (the craftable one)
    With C4/nades you can break walls,doorways,metaldoors, and everything above

Q: Difference between a pickaxe and a hatchet?
    A: Pickaxe gathers resources much faster with the exception of harvesting animals and does 2x damage with slightly more range (slower hits)

Q: Can you destroy other peoples sleepingbags?
    A: Yes. in under 20 hits

Q: what Happens when you place multiple sleepingbags in the world?
    A: You will spawn at the last sleeping bag you placed. old one is NOT removed

Q: How many F1 Nades does it take to destroy a metal door?
    A. Metal doors take 11 grenades to destroy.

Q: How many explosive charges does it take to destroy a metal door
    A: 3 Total for fresh doors. Generally only need 2 because of decay

Q: How does decay work?!
    A: decay destroys structures and doors over a time span of around 4 days (little faster for doors) starting from the top of your house down.

Q: how do you repair stuff?
    A: right click the decayed object with the required resource (wood, metal, leather, cloth, etc)

Q: I SAW AN AIRPLANE!!!!!
    A: the airplane is a world event in which occures once every ingame day (so once an hour). It drops 1-3 crates in which can contain anything from 100's of ammo to c4 to crafting materials to medkits.

feel free to ask more questions and ill update. these are the basics that i can think of on the spot, someone grave dug this thread and since there are about 600 new players i thought i'd update it since it might be useful again.

Last Updated 1st Sept 2013
    *ty mod for adding date. will keep updated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Useful x 27Dumb x 6Winner x 3Agree x 2Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    July 2013
    4 Posts
    Yes you can destroy sleeping bags, you will spawn at the last sleeping bag you created.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2013
    36 Posts

Q: Do bluebrints you've learned stay with you when you die?
    A: Yes, they last forever
    They last forever except when there is a complete wipe inventory and all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    July 2013
    3 Posts
    i dont think its 77 hits to destroy a door more like 30
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2013
    22 Posts
    56 hits for a pickaxe to break a wooden door with full health. Been confirmed multiple times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2013
    60 Posts
    56 hits for a pickaxe to break a wooden door with full health. Been confirmed multiple times.
    I wish I knew that sooner lol using a hatchet takes for eveeeeer :D

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    July 2013
    282 Posts
    Updated. Guys make sure to leave questions for others to answer :) think of this thread as the one place you wont be a noobfagwhoreslut for asking questions.

also if cussing is against the rules then noobfagwhoreslut is my last name... in which case it will be a hate crime to ban me simply because of my foreign last name.

will update again in morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

July 2013
    92 Posts
    This isn't a question but i had it answered recently:

1. If someone blocks your entrance with a wooden shelter, you can use a pickaxe to destroy it. (# of hits unknown)

2. Metal doors take 11 grenades to destroy. (I could be wrong. A friend on TS made a load in his base and kept chucking them until destroyed)

*Edit
    I will ask:
    What can you destroy? i was surprised you could destroy wooden shelters, can we pickax anything else?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    35 Posts
    I destroyed a wooden door with 150-165 hits (hatchet).

10. Post #10

September 2013
    5 Posts
    i destroyed a wood door in a door frame, but i cant place a metal one in its place?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

June 2013
    25 Posts
    This is extremely helpful! Thanks laziest!

12. Post #12

July 2013
    48 Posts
    starting from the top of your house down.
    Pretty sure if it is exposed to the outside it decays quicker than if it is enclosed.

13. Post #13
    giving rust keys for pictures of ur junk
    Dennab
    August 2013
    668 Posts
    i destroyed a wood door in a door frame, but i cant place a metal one in its place?
    It has a cooldown. You'll have to wait a few minutes for the small thing at the bottom of the doorway to go disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    August 2013
    14 Posts
    Sorry but... Can I move objects like boxes?

15. Post #15
    giving rust keys for pictures of ur junk
    Dennab
    August 2013
    668 Posts
    Sorry but... Can I move objects like boxes?
    No. But you can destroy them and place them somewhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    August 2013
    14 Posts
    No. But you can destroy them and place them somewhere else.
    Thanks, but If I destroy them I don't get them back, or? I have to craft them again, right?

17. Post #17
    August 2013
    193 Posts
    Thanks, but If I destroy them I don't get them back, or? I have to craft them again, right?
    Yes, you will have to craft them again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2013
    148 Posts
    How do kill bleck zombiz?? plez answer me :))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

19. Post #19
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    7,647 Posts
    I've been playing this game since open alpha a few months ago and until now I never knew how many hits it took to break down a wooden door

Thanks, man.

20. Post #20
    September 2012
    500 Posts
    How do kill bleck zombiz?? plez answer me :))
    lellelel ur such a master trol

On topic: Doesn't a pickaxe drain more hunger than a hatchet when you swing it?

21. Post #21
    June 2013
    51 Posts
    lellelel ur such a master trol

On topic: Doesn't a pickaxe drain more hunger than a hatchet when you swing it?
    I think it also takes down 10 hunger, like the hatchet, per swing.

Also, starving will cause you to swing slower and run slower, if that should be added in.

22. Post #22
    "I have a lock pick... it is shaped like a hatchet and I hold it like a shotgun..."
    October 2013
    38 Posts
    Ok, I've looked around and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Hopefully someone here can answer. I see stuff about walls, and metal doors but I want to know... How many explosive charges does it take to break a METAL wall? I put 5 on one and it didn't break. Also, what is used to heal metal walls/doorways/stuff? I've tried metal fragments, low quality metal, even wood. You just equip the material to your quick bar and look at the wall pressing that number right?

I've tried asking in game but no one seems to know for sure about this stuff.

23. Post #23
    Poor people are peasants
    Dennab
    October 2012
    1,423 Posts
    So we were discussing this the other day, can you destroy walls with F1 Grenades?

24. Post #24

July 2013
    60 Posts
    I believe you can also melee destroy a workbench?

25. Post #25

July 2013
    43 Posts
    Yhea you can melle a workbench.
    my question would be Where do you get kevlar or kevlar blueprints.

26. Post #26
    Poor people are peasants
    Dennab
    October 2012
    1,423 Posts
    Yhea you can melle a workbench.
    my question would be Where do you get kevlar or kevlar blueprints.
    Rad zones and zombies

27. Post #27

October 2013
    5 Posts
    Awesome post. Kudos.

28. Post #28

July 2013
    43 Posts
    Thx avincent i just never got one up to now and i am nearly full time farming them

29. Post #29
    iHi
    Dennab
    October 2013
    43 Posts
    What if you spawn in the last sleeping bags and die under 5 mins and you can't respawnables in that one,would you respawn in the second last placed ?

30. Post #30

September 2013
    62 Posts
    Thanks very helpful!

Can metal ceilings be blown up? if so how many. - Sorry if I missed it in a post above.

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    July 2013
    282 Posts
    Thanks very helpful!

Can metal ceilings be blown up? if so how many. - Sorry if I missed it in a post above.
    pillars, ceiling, and foundations (wood or metal) are unbreakable.

32. Post #32

October 2013
    34 Posts
    Nifty little FAQ for the newer players. Wish this was around when I needed this information.

33. Post #33

September 2013
    26 Posts
    What can grenades destroy

34. Post #34

November 2013
    6 Posts
    I dont think Wooden Shacks can be destoryed? Me and 2 other were pickaxing at one for about 20 mins.. no Damage as far as we could tell.

35. Post #35

October 2013
    32 Posts
    I dont think Wooden Shacks can be destoryed? Me and 2 other were pickaxing at one for about 20 mins.. no Damage as far as we could tell.
    Uhhh what were you hitting exactly? Myself and 2 clan mates, ripped down a wooden shack in a couple minutes while using Metal Hatchets. Pick Axes work just fine as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36

November 2013
    6 Posts
    Just hitting the wall together repeatedly

37. Post #37

November 2013
    1 Posts
    hello,
    has there been any published information on the decay time of wooden structures (i.e. windows, walls, doors, roofing, etc) as well as the metal equivalents?
    Thx!

38. Post #38

October 2013
    25 Posts
    Wooden shacks look like sheds and are placed down all at once. You guys must have been hitting a wooden building built with pillars and walls. Which isn't able to be destroyed with anything other than c4.

Also I'm not sure that's how decay works. As long as I go in and out of my building (real world) daily, my building takes on no decay. I don't have to heal it.

39. Post #39
    December 2013
    18 Posts
    Wooden shacks look like sheds and are placed down all at once. You guys must have been hitting a wooden building built with pillars and walls. Which isn't able to be destroyed with anything other than c4.

Also I'm not sure that's how decay works. As long as I go in and out of my building (real world) daily, my building takes on no decay. I don't have to heal it.
    We've been actively using and expanding our base and we've had to repair a few of the upper sections as they started to decay.

The FAQ mentions right clicking to repair, but I had to have wood in my hot bar and press the number key whilst looking at it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's pretty glitchy.

40. Post #40

December 2013
    1 Posts
    What mods are available for the modded servers? Name and content/function