1. Post #2321
    January 2014
    119 Posts
    How are they broken?

Is there any errors?
    Fixed it, there was this one mistype in sh_commands I believe under the nutscript file. There was something in the code that was spelled "Escpae" so I switched it to "Escape" and it worked fine. You might want to commit that to the Github if you can. I did get an error before, but yeah I already fixed that myself.

2. Post #2322
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,555 Posts
    Just an update that you can view 1.1 progress here:
    https://github.com/Chessnut/NutScript/milestones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2323

January 2014
    11 Posts
    I made a weapon for Nutscript like this,

ITEM.name = "mosin"
    ITEM.class = "weapon_mosin"
    ITEM.uniqueID = "weapon_mosin"
    ITEM.type = "rifle"
    ITEM.model = Model("models/weapons/w_grub_mosin.mdl")
    ITEM.price = 150
    ITEM.desc = "mosin."
    ITEM.category = "Weapons"
    ITEM.flag = "V"

I can see it on my inventory, And I can equip it. But I can't use.

Did I do something wrong?
    Try this ITEM.name = "mosin"
    ITEM.type = "weapon_rifle"
    ITEM.price = 150
    ITEM.desc = "mosin."
    ITEM.flag = "V"

Or if its a gun that is bolt action that you press r after 1 shot try this

ITEM.name = "mosin"
    ITEM.type = "weapon_crossbow"
    ITEM.price = 150
    ITEM.desc = "mosin."
    ITEM.flag = "V"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2324
    change my title again and i'll pwn u conna
    October 2012
    266 Posts
    Try this ITEM.name = "mosin"
    ITEM.type = "weapon_rifle"
    ITEM.price = 150
    ITEM.desc = "mosin."
    ITEM.flag = "V"

Or if its a gun that is bolt action that you press r after 1 shot try this

ITEM.name = "mosin"
    ITEM.type = "weapon_crossbow"
    ITEM.price = 150
    ITEM.desc = "mosin."
    ITEM.flag = "V"
    dude, he posted this 4 months ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #2325
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    I could throw together a pack without the player model includes so they work for Nutscript.
    That would be pretty swell of you.

6. Post #2326

January 2014
    11 Posts
    dude, he posted this 4 months ago
    Trying to help people is not allowed here? kthxbye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #2327
    aka Devul
    September 2010
    816 Posts
    Trying to help people is not allowed here? kthxbye
    not when it's 4 months late. he wouldn't notice your reply

8. Post #2328

June 2014
    30 Posts
    How would I go about giving a user access to join a faction/create a character in a specific faction.

Example: On the character create list it would say "Civil Protection", ect.

9. Post #2329
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    How would I go about giving a user access to join a faction/create a character in a specific faction.

Example: On the character create list it would say "Civil Protection", ect.
    Code:
    /plywhitelist <name> "Civil Protection"
    ;)

Welcome to the thread.

10. Post #2330

June 2014
    30 Posts
    =) Thanks!

11. Post #2331

June 2014
    30 Posts
    How would I go about making doors un-ownable? Or make them belong to a specific faction?

12. Post #2332
    January 2014
    119 Posts
    How would I go about making doors un-ownable? Or make them belong to a specific faction?
    /doorsetunownable

It's optional but if you want to name the door + make it unownable:

/doorsetunownable <Name>

For faction doors, there's a Combine lock in the entities menu for example. Pretty self-explanatory.

13. Post #2333

October 2014
    4 Posts
    Hey guys im new to lua i know a little bit when i installed your newanimations plugin i got this error spamming my console help please :)

[ERROR] gamemodes/nutscript/gamemode/core/sh_hooks.lua:178: attempt to index local 'animClass' (a nil value)

14. Post #2334
    July 2012
    112 Posts
    What's with the item duplication glitch in Nutscript?

If the server crashes/you disconnect with an item equipped (from what I've seen) you get a duplicate of the weapon/item you have equipped. This could destroy economies if people figure out exactly how it works. Is there a (temporary) fix for this?

Also /charban and /chardelete don't work most of the time, we PK'd someone yesterday and they rose from the dead three times. I tried deleting their char with /chardelete and that didn't work at all, /charban seemed to do something (they appeared back at spawn), but at the end of it, they were back and pretending like nothing happened. If I recall correctly we had to resort to deleting the character from the SQL.

Also please don't say stupid shit like wait for 1.1, I don't want to have to wait months for simple features to be fixed.

15. Post #2335

October 2014
    4 Posts
    What's with the item duplication glitch in Nutscript?

If the server crashes/you disconnect with an item equipped (from what I've seen) you get a duplicate of the weapon/item you have equipped. This could destroy economies if people figure out exactly how it works. Is there a (temporary) fix for this?

Also /charban and /chardelete don't work most of the time, we PK'd someone yesterday and they rose from the dead three times. I tried deleting their char with /chardelete and that didn't work at all, /charban seemed to do something (they appeared back at spawn), but at the end of it, they were back and pretending like nothing happened. If I recall correctly we had to resort to deleting the character from the SQL. Also please don't say stupid shit like wait for 1.1, I don't want to have to wait months for simple features to be fixed.
    Read Rainbows Comment He/She Fixed it

Fixed it, there was this one mistype in sh_commands I believe under the nutscript file. There was something in the code that was spelled "Escpae" so I switched it to "Escape" and it worked fine. You might want to commit that to the Github if you can. I did get an error before, but yeah I already fixed that myself.

16. Post #2336
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    Anybody know of a decent way to grab player info from a ragdoll of the player.

Mainly I'm just trying to figure out a way of using trace to see if player is looking at a valid player, and grab a NutVar from the target player.

Edit: Figured it out, was being a goddamn idiot.

17. Post #2337

June 2014
    30 Posts
    Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Is there any website/place I could find all of the commands for NutScript and HL2RP?

18. Post #2338
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,555 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #2339

20. Post #2340
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    *ba dum tss*

21. Post #2341

June 2010
    30 Posts
    If you want to get petty, most of NutScript's functions originate from functions I wrote initially, and even this code is just a slightly modified version of the code above it which I wrote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2342
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    If you want to get petty, most of NutScript's functions originate from functions I wrote initially, and even this code is just a slightly modified version of the code above it which I wrote.
    Even If it is, Better than copy and paste.
    copy and pasted without the author? even worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2343

June 2010
    30 Posts
    Even If it is, Better than copy and paste.
    copy and pasted without the author? even worse.
    Never copy and pasted, unless you're talking about the angle values, in which case I'm not gonna get permission to use a sequence of 3 floats.

24. Post #2344
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    Never copy and pasted, unless you're talking about the angle values, in which case I'm not gonna get permission to use a sequence of 3 floats.
    It's your proejct. There is no reason to make code inconsistency.
    that's it. I'm done.
    Now I don't have anything to say.
    Take this cup and place it on your desk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

25. Post #2345
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    Why did you originally write about it being open sourced, and using the tools available to you, then decide to edit your reply here and instead make it bitchy? Did you think the new response was witty?

26. Post #2346
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    How about this one for Area Display?
    It is just a sample for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #2347
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    How about this one for Area Display?
    It is just a sample for now.
    It's pretty cool, font seems a little off though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2348
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    finailized and modulized.
    Ready to deploy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #2349
    July 2013
    94 Posts
    I may have broken the item system with my keycard...

In my inventory it says i only have one.
    Anyways, does anybody know how i can access the data of an item? (In for example a player using an entity and needing the ITEM.Data for it to work)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #2350

June 2010
    30 Posts
    Ready to deploy.
    Very cool! Do you think it might be a bit distracting though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2351
    September 2013
    472 Posts
    I may have broken the item system with my keycard...

In my inventory it says i only have one.
    Anyways, does anybody know how i can access the data of an item? (In for example a player using an entity and needing the ITEM.Data for it to work)
    (I'm loving the beta testing of this)

32. Post #2352
    January 2012
    386 Posts
    Ready to deploy.

Seems legit.

It looks pretty cool man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #2353
    December 2008
    1,887 Posts
    Very cool! Do you think it might be a bit distracting though?
    Well I'm planning to make it re-sizeable.
    Also It automatically resizes itself when text is too big for the screen

34. Post #2354
    July 2013
    94 Posts

The problem with the doors is a map problem, and the Access Granted stays until the door closes, which didn't open on the first place so it got stuck :P (Something that will be fixed)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #2355
    August 2011
    3,555 Posts

inv 2.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

36. Post #2356
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,921 Posts
    You must be the second coming of christ, i've been waiting for this day since TacoScript 2 died.