1. Post #2721
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    I'm uising 1aI'm using 1.1 branch.

2. Post #2722
    December 2010
    60 Posts
    So Chessnut, 1.1 is looking pretty damned close to being ready for a stable release; Do you think I'd be correct in saying that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

3. Post #2723
    January 2014
    38 Posts
    Well, no-one has posted on this thread for a while so i'll ask something NS 1.0 Came with attachments plugin and they don't work ingame do i need a workshop addon or something for this?

[Edit] How the hell is this dumb? I am requesting for help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #2724
    January 2014
    155 Posts
    Well, no-one has posted on this thread for a while so i'll ask something NS 1.0 Came with attachments plugin and they don't work ingame do i need a workshop addon or something for this?

[Edit] How the hell is this dumb? I am requesting for help.
    Can you be more specific about which plugins, what file you're putting them etc. The only plugins I know of are the ones offered on the github. From that they should work whether you put them in the nutscript plugins folder or the schema's own plugins folder (such as the one in HL2 RP) but I found that placing in Nutscript plugins works better for whatever reason. I can recall when it wouldn't detect some plugins sometimes in the schema's plugin folder, which is weird. So yeah, place it there unless you have multiple schemas and don't want plugins that are meant for x schema to interfere with y schema etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2725
    January 2014
    38 Posts
    Can you be more specific about which plugins, what file you're putting them etc. The only plugins I know of are the ones offered on the github. From that they should work whether you put them in the nutscript plugins folder or the schema's own plugins folder (such as the one in HL2 RP) but I found that placing in Nutscript plugins works better for whatever reason. I can recall when it wouldn't detect some plugins sometimes in the schema's plugin folder, which is weird. So yeah, place it there unless you have multiple schemas and don't want plugins that are meant for x schema to interfere with y schema etc.
    I have the attachment plugins in my nutscript folder, i load up my HL2RP Schema and i have SMG in my inv i equip it and it isn't working.

6. Post #2726
    April 2012
    252 Posts
    GMod update is out. Waiting for NS 1.1 release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #2727

April 2009
    163 Posts
    Knowing that you've worked on this plugin, is there any reason the crafting plugin seems to do nothing?
    https://github.com/rebel1324/modernr...ugins/crafting

8. Post #2728
    change my title again and i'll pwn u conna
    October 2012
    324 Posts
    GMod update is out. Waiting for NS 1.1 release.
    nutscript.rocks ??

9. Post #2729
    January 2014
    38 Posts
    Hey, i'm wanting to design for nutscript stuff how do i make the Clockwork armour and health bar and their tab menu and implent them for nutscript (Mines not gonna be a proper server) add me on steam if you can help and please do not rate this as dumb: ☂Shawn2517☂
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #2730
    July 2012
    147 Posts
    Hey, i'm wanting to design for nutscript stuff how do i make the Clockwork armour and health bar and their tab menu and implent them for nutscript (Mines not gonna be a proper server) add me on steam if you can help and please do not rate this as dumb: ☂Shawn2517☂
    Nutscript's UI is 10x better than Clockwork's, especially in 1.1, idk why you would want to change it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2731
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    205 Posts
    Nutscript's UI is 10x better than Clockwork's, especially in 1.1, idk why you would want to change it.
    NutScripts UI might be better but I think everyone should be enable to change it to what they want it to be.

Austin1456 posted:
    You will have to script it on your own, nobody will do it for you.

I also doubt Copy&Paste will work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #2732
    January 2014
    38 Posts
    NutScripts UI might be better but I think everyone should be enable to change it to what they want it to be.

You will have to script it on your own, nobody will do it for you.

I also doubt Copy&Paste will work.
    I guess it might be time to learn .LUA, which'll be hard.

13. Post #2733
    aka Devul
    September 2010
    1,196 Posts
    I guess it might be time to learn .LUA, which'll be hard.
    You should not make a server in the first place if you're oblivious of the programming languaged used vividly in every aspect of the game.

14. Post #2734
    January 2014
    38 Posts
    You should not make a server in the first place if you're oblivious of the programming languaged used vividly in every aspect of the game.
    That is why i said: Not a proper server...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #2735

August 2013
    4 Posts
    Is there a vortigaunt faction in NS 1.1? I can't add it... Sorry to seem stupid.. Also could you add /charsetcustomclass again?

16. Post #2736
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    3,614 Posts
    Is there a vortigaunt faction in NS 1.1? I can't add it... Sorry to seem stupid.. Also could you add /charsetcustomclass again?
    There is literally no reason to use this thread. Chessnut made a new one for 1.1 here

17. Post #2737
    Terminal Velocity
    April 2011
    1,400 Posts
    Hey everyone.

Anyone know if there's an installation guide I can follow?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #2738

May 2010
    1,262 Posts
    Hey everyone.

Anyone know if there's an installation guide I can follow?

Thanks.
    this one's outdated, see http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1457905

19. Post #2739

April 2011
    110 Posts
    i know we're moving on to ns 1.1 but it's advanced and it scares me, so does anyone know how to get rid of the sadcolors?

e: nvm got it figured out

20. Post #2740
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    Go to line 98 of hooks/cl_hooks.lua in HL2 RP and change
    DrawColorModify(color)

to
    -- DrawColorModify(color)

21. Post #2741

April 2011
    110 Posts
    oh, cool lol thanks

e: ok now i'm having a problem with the crafting plugin. there are no lua errors, but nothing shows up on the crafting table menu.

22. Post #2742
    January 2013
    42 Posts
    How can i change font size in nutscript 1.1? i can't find value on any lua file! help me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #2743

April 2011
    110 Posts
    How can i change font size in nutscript 1.1? i can't find value on any lua file! help me!
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1457905
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #2744

March 2014
    46 Posts
    In 1.1 I have created a schema, but it appears Nutscript is failing to get clients to download the default NS Vignette. This results in everyone getting a purple and black missing texture error for their whole screen.

Nevermind, I fixed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #2745

April 2011
    110 Posts
    could someone help me out? i've added this to the sv_hooks

function SCHEMA:GetDefaultInv(inventory, client, data)
    	if client:HasFlag("i") then
    		inventory:Add("m9k_m416", 1)
    end end

but it won't work. it's supposed to add one of the swep items i have on the server if the player has the i flag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #2746
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    The character is not set up for the player at that point.

Edited:

The character would not have any flags at that point either.

27. Post #2747

April 2011
    110 Posts
    okay, so i need to have it so that it checks for the flag when the player spawns then, right?

28. Post #2748
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    PlayerLoadout hook

29. Post #2749

April 2011
    110 Posts
    I'm afraid I have no idea what that means. I don't know lua, I've been trying to learn but it's difficult for me to do so without a teacher.

30. Post #2750
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    The only teacher you need is yourself for learning GLua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2751

April 2011
    110 Posts
    sooo... like this?
    function PLAYER:Loadout(inventory, client)
    	if client:HasFlag("i") then
    		inventory:Add("m9k_m416", 1)
    end end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2752
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/GM/PlayerLoadout

I'm not sure if you're using 1.0 or 1.1 since you are confusing the styles.

If you're using 1.0:
    - The inventory is not an object.

If you're using 1.1:
    - It is inventory:add() not inventory:Add()
    - client:HasFlag() does not exist

33. Post #2753

April 2011
    110 Posts
    using 1.0. still no idea what i'm doing.

e: i want the player to spawn with the items in their inventories, not on their weapon wheel.

34. Post #2754
    December 2013
    58 Posts
    using 1.0. still no idea what i'm doing.

e: i want the player to spawn with the items in their inventories, not on their weapon wheel.
    If you do not have an item file created for the M416, then it will not work.

If you do have an item file, hurray, you kind of know what you're doing.

Code:
    function SCHEMA:PlayerLoadout(client)
        if client:HasFlag("i") and !client:HasItem("m9k_m416") then
            client:UpdateInv("m9k_m416", 1, {}, true)
        end
    end
    Don't overwrite the schema playerloadout function, but take what I have inside the function and add it to the one inside sv_hooks.lua
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

35. Post #2755

April 2011
    110 Posts
    ah, thank you so much. and yeah, i had the item file lol. i've worked with NS before, just not much with lua in general unfortunately.

now i gotta figure out how to make commands that change body groups :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2756
    August 2011
    3,741 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2757

April 2011
    110 Posts
    Not quite. I want a command that would toggle between a bodygroup with a helmet and one without. I got code from another guy that doesn't seem to work. Haven't messed around with it much.

nut.command.Register( {

text = "Toggle Helmet",

onMenu = function( menu, icon, client, command )

LocalPlayer( ):ConCommand( 'say /helmet' )

end,

onRun = function( client, arguments )

SCHEMA:CheckArmor( client )

if !client.character:GetData( "Headwear" ) then

client.character:SetData( "Headwear", 0 )

end

if client.character:GetData( "Headwear" ) == 2 then

client.character:SetData( "Headwear", 0 )

client:SetBodygroup( 3, 0 )

nut.util.Notify( "You've taken off your helmet.", client )

else

client.character:SetData( "Headwear", 2 )

client:SetBodygroup( 3, 2 )

nut.util.Notify( "You've put on your helmet.", client )

end

end

}, "helmet" )