1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    This is something I had made for a TTT community named Empyrean Gaming, releasing it to the public since I don't dev there anymore, and they have no problems with me releasing this.

Screenshots

Installation

Simply extract the package to your addons folder.

Usage

There's a clientside CVar named "ttt_dmsg_seconds" which tells for how many seconds the panel must stay on. (default is 5 seconds)

Download Here

Credits

Me - all the coding
    Whoever made the BebasNeue font.

Remember to report bugs, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Useful Useful x 8Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    My TTT Server: 64.74.97.54:27015
    June 2013
    129 Posts
    this is awesome man nice job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2013
    79 Posts
    adding it to my server :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

February 2013
    56 Posts
    I have it on my server but do you know why tehre steam pictures are all like white glowed

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    White glowed? Could you provide a screenshot?

6. Post #6
    June 2013
    79 Posts
    I have it on my server but do you know why tehre steam pictures are all like white glowed
    White glowed? Could you provide a screenshot?
    i know what he is talking about. it only happens sometimes, but every once and a while, the profile picture has like a sort of lens flare or a "glow" layer over the picture. it doesn't happen every time though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2013
    268 Posts
    Do I have to upload to the FastDL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    i know what he is talking about. it only happens sometimes, but every once and a while, the profile picture has like a sort of lens flare or a "glow" layer over the picture. it doesn't happen every time though.
    I understand but if I don't have something to look at I can't really help you...

9. Post #9
    May 2013
    28 Posts
    Thank you , I just added in my server .

But I have changed the pos of panel.

Before

After

So now for the ppl not using 16:9 screen the panel would not hide the pointshop message

And I think the font didn't show on the panel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

June 2013
    33 Posts
    Do I have to upload to the FastDL?
    Nope, its just lua code so there's no need
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2013
    79 Posts
    I understand but if I don't have something to look at I can't really help you...

12. Post #12
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,485 Posts
    Looks like Loures' vtf for the center gradient is different than the stock one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    Yeah, I named my png file "center_gradient" which conflicts with the valve stock gradient.

Download the fixed version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2013
    52 Posts
    Nice work man! I am gonna install this to my server.

15. Post #15
    December 2012
    45 Posts
    Really amazing work!

16. Post #16
    May 2013
    294 Posts
    Beautiful, just saw this on a server and had to look it up!

17. Post #17
    November 2012
    182 Posts
    Nice work. On my server now :)

18. Post #18
    dork member
    May 2013
    135 Posts
    Only one problem I've seen so far, not sure if it's something on my end or not.

The BebasNeue font seems to be downloading every time we load into the server or the map changes. I've tried adding it to my servers Force Download lua to see if that helps, and it doesn't seem to. Maybe I'm doing it wrong (I've never had to install a new font on my server?) but I can't seem to figure out how to get it working correctly.

This addon is beautiful and works great otherwise. :) Just that one tiny problem that we haven't been able to resolve yet.

19. Post #19

June 2013
    1 Posts
    Tried this out and it works.
    But I don't get the pictures from the profiles, just getting a pink screen.
    Did I miss something?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    170 Posts
    Tried this out and it works.
    But I don't get the pictures from the profiles, just getting a pink screen.
    Did I miss something?
    I actually have this happen a lot to, don't know why some times the image will be there and other times its just a pink and black checker board.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    I actually have this happen a lot to, don't know why some times the image will be there and other times its just a pink and black checker board.
    Me neither, are you sure you're using the latest version?

22. Post #22
    April 2013
    47 Posts

Basically not showing the picture :(

Every time, I used the version of your 1st post and the fixed one.

Changed map to ensure it got the change but did not work either.

It also DLed the materials/resource files every time you joined the server.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    192 Posts
    That's an issue with your FastDL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2013
    47 Posts
    That's an issue with your FastDL
    How would I add the Steam Profile Pictures to my FastDL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,135 Posts
    That's definitely an issue with your fastdl

26. Post #26

June 2013
    16 Posts
    I have a fastdl server and the picture just show Black.

local grad = vgui.Create("DMSG.Gradient", holder)
    grad:SetPos(8, lbl:GetTall() - 2)
    grad:SetSize(128, 128)

local avatar = vgui.Create("AvatarImage", grad)
    if !ply:IsPlayer() or ply:IsBot() then
    else
    end

When i changed out Grad with Panel i can see the steam id picture up in the corner and wont go away.
    could you please help me?

print screen: http://prntscr.com/1lxdrm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    February 2014
    17 Posts
    Looks great, thanks for upload
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2013
    165 Posts
    How can I remove the first person camera when I die

29. Post #29
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,235 Posts
    Delete it in the code so it doesn't override the default third-person camera.

30. Post #30

October 2013
    20 Posts
    Im having a bug when people kill someone the profile picture appears black instead of showing a picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

April 2014
    3 Posts
    where do i add it in my server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2013
    268 Posts

33. Post #33

April 2014
    3 Posts
    Which is where?

What is the exact folder because i don't think i have a materials folderI

Edited:

If i didnt have a materials folder would i just add one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

34. Post #34

April 2014
    3 Posts
    I added it to terrortown/materials

35. Post #35
    January 2013
    268 Posts
    If there is no materials folder, add one. Simply extract!

36. Post #36
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,235 Posts
    I added it to terrortown/materials
    No. garrysmod/materials.

37. Post #37

June 2013
    199 Posts
    I was getting some complaints that the panel wasn't closing sometimes. I've only experienced the issue once, but it is as if the timer was never created. I don't see any errors, but just to be safe I've added a close button. Figure it wouldn't hurt for you to add it to your master.

local lbl4 = vgui.Create("DButton", holder)
    	lbl4:SetFont( "marlett" )
    	lbl4:SetText( "r" )
    	lbl4:SetColor( color_white )
    	lbl4:SetSize( 15, 15 )
    	lbl4:SetDrawBackground(false)
    	lbl4:SetPos( holder:GetWide() - 25, 10 )
    	lbl4.DoClick = function()
    		holder:Remove()
    	end

EDIT: June 9th
    I've also added it so that if you're not on the same team as a traitor then you cannot see the identity of the traitor that killed you. I'd share the code with anyone who messages me for it, but you'd need to find/make your own image to add. (Note that I have had some issues with the

38. Post #38
    tripstown!

June 2014
    52 Posts
    My users are also reporting that sometimes the window 'sticks' they can't remove it even though I added the button SaintSin6 so kindly provided :(

The only thing they can do is relog unfortunately, which is a bit of a pain as my server is usually pretty full with queues. My LUA-knowledge isn't sufficient enough to fix this either, I'd say it's the timer borking up, but I can't be sure!

39. Post #39

February 2014
    7 Posts
    I don't think you were the original creator of this because i used to be friends with a guy named Blu who coded Lua and he made this exact thing about 1 year ago for the JCraft servers. It looks the exact same and i remember using it on my server about 7 months ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    I make graphic designs and lua errors (◡‿◡✿) ‏
    January 2013
    2,485 Posts
    I don't think you were the original creator of this because i used to be friends with a guy named Blu who coded Lua and he made this exact thing about 1 year ago for the JCraft servers. It looks the exact same and i remember using it on my server about 7 months ago.
    In the OP post, Loures says this was made for Empyrean Gaming. As said owner of Empyrean Gaming, we've had this death panel for a long time, before it was publicly released here. We reinstalled our server back in January, but still have the old one on our dedi. I went and checked the creation date for you, if this helps clear things up: