HALO 2 UPDATE DELAYED TIL EARLY 2014
    why 343i
    why do you do this

[h2] I am constantly updating the OP with anything I find[/h2]
    For those of you wondering, my steam skin is Compact
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1279345
    [H2] HALO 3 WAS NOT ANNOUNCED AT RTX[/H2]
    [h2] THE STEAM GROUPS NO LONGER REDIRECT YOU[/H2]

However it takes you to an invalid page. My heart skipped a beat. However, when I read it, it said this:

It DIDN'T say "No group could be retrieved for the given URL." Which is good.

If you want to see this for yourself, each Halo group has the same message.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216760 Halo 1
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216780 Halo 2
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216800 Halo 3

1:

Tweet:
    https://twitter.com/CertainAffinity/...35363996385280
    FYI: Certain Affinity have worked with almost every halo game to date

2:

Source:
    http://loveisover.me/v/thread/196199505
    http://loveisover.me/v/thread/196712398

3: They suggested there will be an update and that "you wont need any tissues" instead of a complete server shutdown

4: There was the AMD beta driver code which is STILL IN THE DRIVERS..
    June 6th AMD drivers v13.6b2 have halo 3 in them
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20%282%29.html
    ctrl+f halo

5: While the apps may be hidden/deleted, the groups ARE STILL UP? why would they delete the apps and keep the groups up?

Also, the groups redirect you, however you can view them on mobile steam

6: Why the game won't be Win 8 Exclusive/using GFWL:
    - There is no working Win 8 Build of GFWL. Why wouldn't they support their own service on their own OS?
    - Age of Empires II HD was published by Microsoft Studios and had workshop support and was entirely steamworks based.

7:
    I love how everyone here is like "GFWL is still around, they'll probably put it on that." or "all the games with GFWL still on it are still screwed."

Did you guys not see the leaked documents? Microsoft never denied they weren't true, which is usually corporate speak for "those are probably legit, yeah", and they all documented how Microsoft was planning to get rid of GFWL in its entirety, including issuing patches for all existing GFWL games to remove GFWL.

As well as make a full switch over to Steam in all future Microsoft game releases.
    8: Frankie had a great chance to deny shit in this thread, yet he hasn't
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600471
    I betchya the Halo 2 to ios is fake, but the rest? i'm hoping not

9:
    AoEII was hinted at in the registry for a few months and they denied it
    CURRENT H2V server status:

[h2]TL;DR:[/h2]
    Halo 3 in Steam API logs
    Halo 3 in ATI drivers
    Suddenly updates to Halo 2, a game that's been neglected for years
    Suddenly Halo 2's server life was extended in search of "alternative solutions"
    Suddenly news of a Mac port of Halo 2 leaks
    Developers are being cheeky on twitter

Also guys, you can join the group chat!
    to do so, go here:
    steam://friends/joinchat/103582791433980564

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner x 168Optimistic x 21Dumb x 16Funny x 5Disagree x 3Informative x 3Agree x 2Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,227 Posts
    This is hardly a confirmation, though it's fairly suggestive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 76 (list)

3. Post #3
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    6,889 Posts
    I would like this to be true very much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 74Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    High Admiral of the United FP Alliance
    December 2009
    3,654 Posts
    Again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,757 Posts
    According to the V thread the main rumour is that they're dropping the vista servers for halo2, throwing steamworks into halo 1, 2 and 3 and getting them all on steam.

A man can dream..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 18Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,328 Posts
    Wouldn't mind this being true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,212 Posts
    Windows 8 exclusive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 47Agree x 11Zing x 2Winner x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    well they tweeted this earlier this month:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    According to the V thread the main rumour is that they're dropping the vista servers for halo2, throwing steamworks into halo 1, 2 and 3 and getting them all on steam.

A man can dream..
    you would think Reach would also be on there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Loading title...6
    June 2009
    6,577 Posts
    If they let you change the FOV I'm in.
    I tried playing Halo 1 PC before and the FOV is so tight that I literally could not play it for more than a minute. The FOV thing that other people made did not work either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

11. Post #11
    also they suggested there will be an update and that "you wont need any tissues" instead of a complete server shutdown

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #12
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,322 Posts
    Far too optimistic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,340 Posts

A man can dream..
    Why would Microsoft not use GFWL? Makes no sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    hey this is like the 3rd time this has been brought up so I feel like it's gonna be true

Edited:

First off, there isn't a working Win 8 build of GFWL, sounds odd huh? they wouldn't support their own platform on their own OS?
    secondly, Age of Empires II HD was microsoft studios published and used steamworks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 6Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,322 Posts
    hey this is like the 3rd time this has been brought up so I feel like it's gonna be true
    The fact that its been brought up 3 times and then gone away probably means you should give up already

Halo Wars Steam edition confirmed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,821 Posts
    They're dropping it for Steamworks iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 33Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,340 Posts

Edited:

First off, there isn't a working Win 8 build of GFWL, sounds odd huh? they wouldn't support their own platform on their own OS?
    secondly, Age of Empires II HD was microsoft studios published and used steamworks
    G-GFWL may die?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    AoE II HD doesn't have GFWL and it's published by microsoft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    I'm Better Than You
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,414 Posts
    Because GFWL is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 43Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2012
    5,713 Posts
    Please be real please be real please be real.

I've always wanted to own other Halo titles instead of borrowing a friend's xb360 but I probably wouldn't ever buy an xbox for one series of games I'm interested in getting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2009
    1,609 Posts
    If they somehow retroactively got rid of GFWL on H2V I'll seriously regret giving it to a friend.

Even then, if Halo 3 goes to PC, it's a day-one buy. I don't care if it's 40 bucks, I'm getting it. That game has far too many good memories for me to pass up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    8,784 Posts
    GFWL getting phased out?

The giant has been slain! Rejoice, my friends!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    October 2007
    174 Posts
    GFWL getting phased out?

The giant has been slain! Rejoice, my friends!
    More like the inbred midget got stomped on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    ALSO GUYS, REMEMBER THIS?

well

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57...soft-pc-games/

It's all bullshit apparently,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,878 Posts
    I hope this is real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,577 Posts
    I think Microsoft knew GFWL was beyond repairable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    This means fuck all unless it comes from Microsoft themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #28
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,821 Posts
    A lot of the games they used in their picture have been on iOS and Android for quite a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    i think the picture isn't really too relevant to the article

Edited:

This means fuck all unless it comes from Microsoft themselves.
    not really, certain affinity have worked with almost every halo game
    and the steam groups definitely mean something
    AND the AMD drivers. the 4chan post may be fake but hell

30. Post #30
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,829 Posts
    Halo Wars Steam edition confirmed
    Honestly, I'd love Halo Wars on PC, the main issue with the game was that it was on consoles only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2012
    5,713 Posts
    Maybe it is true, and Microsoft have finally realized listening to your community may be actually beneficial.

After all, they did reverse the xbox one policies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,577 Posts
    And besides Microsoft ditched GFWL not only for steamworks but also another service called Xbox On Windows which is only exclusive for metro apps and not desktop apps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,753 Posts
    That was proven fake, wasn't it? Also, Windows 8 Store does not require an Intel Atom. Whoever sold you your crack needs to kill himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

34. Post #34
    What I meant was, any app on their must work with an Intel Atom for it to go on there. As far as I know a FP'er said this. I'll find it if I can, sorry.

Edited:

Ah, yes it seems you're right, I can't find this intel atom requirement anywhere

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,887 Posts

The position of the crosshair is exactly what I hate about all the Halos after 1. It actually (somehow) makes my neck hurt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 21Disagree x 5Informative x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    September 2010
    878 Posts
    G-GFWL may die?
    GFWL is dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

The position of the crosshair is exactly what I hate about all the Halos after 1. It actually (somehow) makes my neck hurt
    hopefully that'll be an option ingame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

January 2012
    67 Posts
    hopefully we'll be able to be as creative as halo 3 players in it's run. those guys seriously came up with some interesting custom gamemodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    January 2012
    67 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    -snip because i don't know what implies and apparently i'm dumb because of it-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)