1. Post #1601
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    301 Posts
    All i do in rust is getting killed while trying to chop down my first few pieces of wood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1602
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Anyone have a map of the level?

Extract the heightmap?

3. Post #1603
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,815 Posts
    Anyone have a map of the level?

Extract the heightmap?
    ...kinda of

I drew this really crude map for my friends cuz they kept getting lost. Its probably only 20% accurate but... there you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

4. Post #1604
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    A+ for effort man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #1605
    August 2009
    283 Posts
    Who knew that the best place to put a tower was a place where no one could get to it?

Just ran under your tower. Didn't bother climbing up the mountain because everyone is on edge and I don't want to lose my shit

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    ...kinda of

I drew this really crude map for my friends cuz they kept getting lost. Its probably only 20% accurate but... there you go.
    Am I seeing penises in that compass rose?

Can you put the road on that map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #1607
    February 2010
    93 Posts
    Just ran under your tower. Didn't bother climbing up the mountain because everyone is on edge and I don't want to lose my shit
    I ran right up to his door but he's got stuff locked up tight.

8. Post #1608
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,815 Posts
    Am I seeing penises in that compass rose?
    Its said by professional psychologists that when one sees phallic shaped objects in average images, the person is a closet homosexual

Edited:

Yes the compass is made of dicks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

9. Post #1609
    Squadron Leader of the United FP Alliance
    November 2010
    2,912 Posts
    I walk up to a guy named im friendly dont shoot, suddenly I drop dead from him. I run back there and murder him right when someone walks in on the scene. I quickly loot the body and run, I hear footsteps behind me but I keep running.

10. Post #1610
    February 2010
    2,846 Posts
    I walk up to a guy named im friendly dont shoot, suddenly I drop dead from him. I run back there and murder him right when someone walks in on the scene. I quickly loot the body and run, I hear footsteps behind me but I keep running.
    Grand Theft Auto: Irradiated Wasteland

11. Post #1611
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,892 Posts
    shit, some asshole put a door in front of my door...now i can't get out.

also, i put some valuables in a campfire forgetting that campfires disappear eventually.

added insult to injury
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1612
    Here
    March 2013
    14,579 Posts
    OH GOD NO PEWDIEPIE PLAYED IT?

RIP Rust
    When Pewdiepie does I will stop playing Rust. At that point the community will become intolerable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #1613
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    When Pewdiepie does I will stop playing Rust. At that point the community will become intolerable.

I wouldn't play right now until most of the issues are ironed out, if only to preserve my inventory. Of course I'm sure garry will now wipe inventories...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1614
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,044 Posts
    How do I go in the menu?

15. Post #1615
    May 2011
    5,892 Posts

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1616
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    How do I go in the menu?
    Press tab, options top right.

17. Post #1617
    Squadron Leader of the United FP Alliance
    November 2010
    2,912 Posts
    that faget..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1618
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,044 Posts
    Press tab, options top right.
    Thanks.

One more thing. Why does the game lag to shit whenever I press any key on my keyboard. Other than that, it runs great.

19. Post #1619
    March 2011
    4,933 Posts
    Thanks.

One more thing. Why does the game lag to shit whenever I press any key on my keyboard. Other than that, it runs great.
    Number of players on the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1620
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    I think zombies are a bit too rare. It takes forever to find any zombies to kill, and lots of the item spawning buildings are getting blocked off. There is no way for newer players to gain new items except for axe murdering everyone they see in hopes that one of them has something useful.

21. Post #1621
    February 2010
    2,846 Posts
    I think zombies are a bit too rare. It takes forever to find any zombies to kill, and lots of the item spawning buildings are getting blocked off. There is no way for newer players to gain new items except for axe murdering everyone they see in hopes that one of them has something useful.
    I'm pretty sure zombies and wood quarries all spawn in the same area. I used to have my castle next to a lot of woodpiles and rocks and there were zombies everywhere to farm for recipes and stuff

22. Post #1622
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,618 Posts
    Fisker and Zebz are cool people.

23. Post #1623
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    I'm pretty sure zombies and wood quarries all spawn in the same area. I used to have my castle next to a lot of woodpiles and rocks and there were zombies everywhere to farm for recipes and stuff
    I have lots of woodpiles and rocks, but have to travel for 5-10 minutes to find a single zombie.
    The closest buildings that spawn items are 4-5 minutes away, and blocked off by doors.
    I'm probably going to have to relocate, and it sucks.

I feel bad for a person I killed. Was running down a road, trying to find a building or zombies. Saw a player running around, was just going to run by him. Managed to catch his name before I ran past, Rainman.
    3 seconds later
    "Rainman: Sweet I found a research kit!" in general chat. General chat pointed out that he shouldn't advertise it and they were right.
    I chase him as the sun sets, and he arrives at his house, me getting a single chop off at him.
    I start chopping down his walls like a serial killer (the only thing on me is a hatchet, not even any flares or health kits). He opens his door with m4, I chop him to death. Take research kit, take m4.

So yeah, sorry Rainman.

Edited:
    And easy as it came, I lost it.
    Was building addition to house, made bad choice that left it vulnerable to getting broken into. Someone wandered by, shot me to death. Respawned in my base and we fought a bit. He got in, killed me destroyed sleeping bag.
    Managed to get gunpowder and M4 researched, so I am happy. Now at least I can have a ranged weapon whenever I want.
    I'll probably relocate to a nicer place too, except that since there is no map of the map, I have no idea where to go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1624
    May 2011
    5,892 Posts
    well i broke down that door...didn't take as long as i thought. took like 1 minute

25. Post #1625
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,044 Posts
    I just hope kids don't flock to this because "free dayz!!!!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1626
    May 2011
    5,892 Posts
    apparently there's this guy Racy who's been causing people problems for a while now

27. Post #1627
    April 2010
    2,236 Posts
    Racy murdered the fuck out of me.

28. Post #1628
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,409 Posts
    Such is life in the Rust, survivor.

29. Post #1629
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    He broke 500...

Code:
      {
        "name": "Racy",
        "pvpAmount": "507"
      },
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1630
    IM WEIRD
    September 2007
    1,918 Posts
    He broke 500...

Code:
      {
        "name": "Racy",
        "pvpAmount": "507"
      },
    Give the man a medal.

Edited:

He's probably been responsible for at least half of my deaths.

31. Post #1631
    August 2009
    283 Posts
    Weeee! Got a research kit, learned how to make gunpowder, and immediately died of rad poisoning...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

32. Post #1632
    April 2010
    719 Posts
    Okay, so I have almost every single blueprint, I'm just missing Kevlar (I only have the helmet), and silencer, I think.

33. Post #1633
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,473 Posts
    wanna guys start a facepunch faction with me?

34. Post #1634
    February 2010
    2,846 Posts
    Okay, so I have almost every single blueprint, I'm just missing Kevlar (I only have the helmet), and silencer, I think.
    You got those weapon part and armour part blueprints? I don't know what they do, but I had them before the wipe.

35. Post #1635
    April 2010
    719 Posts
    You got those weapon part and armour part blueprints? I don't know what they do, but I had them before the wipe.
    They are left over from the Pre-Alpha, when there was still workbenches.

36. Post #1636
    February 2010
    2,846 Posts
    They are left over from the Pre-Alpha, when there was still workbenches.
    Damn. So they're absolutely worthless then. If only you could trade properly, contrived economy ahoy!

37. Post #1637
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,409 Posts
    it was pretty fun until several assholes found my base and ~*~magically~*~ tele-ported in, kos'ing me for like 5 minutes and running off with +1000 wood, my pistol, and all my ammo

i honestly think the hatchet should take like 35 hits to kill someone, because that's far beyond the average 12 year old's attention span, and whoever has the patience and temperament to craft a gun isn't going to be running around gunning people down for no reason.

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    9,105 Posts
    Man fuck campfires.
    They get placed ignited, it gave away where I was.
    No less than 5-6 seconds later Starscre4M phases through my wall and axes me to death, then cooks my chicken.
    I was so close to making a sleeping bag.

Edited:

Starscre4M: just died randomly
    It's called karma.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1639
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,625 Posts
    How do you even get metal scraps?

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    9,105 Posts
    How do you even get metal scraps?
    Put Metal Ore in a campfire.

Or, and sadly, this is the easier of the two solutions;
    Murder someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)