Half-Life 2: Enhancement mod, is dedicated to making HL2 look the best it can, while adding a few new gameplay additions to freshen up the experience.
• Port HL2 to the more updated Alien Swarm engine.
• Redo every texture in the game to be high quality.
• Add more details to the maps, such as more props, 3D windows in the city, and smoothing out rough edges, like arches.
• Put in more secret areas.
• Add high quality models for at least the main characters and enemies (if not all characters and enemies).
• Add new enemies, such as Bullsquids and Houndeyes. (These will only be in select areas, or new optional areas in the game).
• Revamping the sprites and effects.
• Improving enemy AI (already done thanks to the engine port!).
• New high quality versions of low quality sounds.
• Adding in more H.E.V. suit sounds like in HL1. Eg: if you got hit in HL1 it would say "Minor lacerations detected, morphine administered", where as in HL2 it won't say anything.
• Dynamic shadows.
• Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Subsurface Scattering, and a special clothing shader- thanks to 1/4 Life and GearDev from the mod 'City 17: Episode 1'.
• Full body awareness, similar to that of ARMA.
IM BATMAN -Lighting
Ken Chan -Coding
Bumbanut -Mod tester
clicheusername -Mod Tester
billi999/Cyanthropy -Shader Artist
HL2.exe had stopped working(cooler777) -Mod tester
Juniez -Mod tester
MacD11 -Mod tester
Ratchet302 -Graphic design/Mod Tester
rezOnance -Sound designer
The One Free Man -Models
The VMAN -Particle designer
UberMunchkin -Mod Tester
A BIG thanks to 1/4 Life and GearDev, for the use and implementation of their shaders!
Please take note that I am trying to build and shape this mod to the community, tell us your suggestions, and critiques!
READ THE OP, ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!
DO NOT POST ABOUT CHANGING THE NAME, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED!
Please thumb all images you post, unless they're really small.
Link to the V4 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1259156
Link to the V3 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250029
Link to the V2 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1236615
Link to the V1 thread: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1216721
Link to the Interlopers.net thread: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/vie...hp?f=8&t=36577
We can use all the help we can get, especially if you, or someone you know specializes in character models.
If you would like to contact us about working on the mod, please visit our forums and make a thread in the "applications" board. Thank you.