1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,609 Posts

Half-Life 2: Enhancement mod, is dedicated to making HL2 look the best it can, while adding a few new gameplay additions to freshen up the experience.

Port HL2 to the more updated Alien Swarm engine.
    Redo every texture in the game to be high quality.
    Add more details to the maps, such as more props, 3D windows in the city, and smoothing out rough edges, like arches.
    Put in more secret areas.
    Add high quality models for at least the main characters and enemies (if not all characters and enemies).
    Add new enemies, such as Bullsquids and Houndeyes. (These will only be in select areas, or new optional areas in the game).
    Revamping the sprites and effects.
    Improving enemy AI (already done thanks to the engine port!).
    New high quality versions of low quality sounds.
    Adding in more H.E.V. suit sounds like in HL1. Eg: if you got hit in HL1 it would say "Minor lacerations detected, morphine administered", where as in HL2 it won't say anything.
    Dynamic shadows.
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping, Subsurface Scattering, and a special clothing shader- thanks to 1/4 Life and GearDev from the mod 'City 17: Episode 1'.
    Full body awareness, similar to that of ARMA.

Fat-Corgi-Guy -Textures
    IM BATMAN -Lighting
    Ken Chan -Coding

Bumbanut -Mod tester
    clicheusername -Mod Tester
    billi999/Cyanthropy -Shader Artist
    Garrison -Music
    Glitchvid -Textures
    H.Grunt -Mapper
    HL2.exe had stopped working(cooler777) -Mod tester
    Juniez -Mod tester
    Kwant111 -Textures/Models/Rigs/Animation
    MacD11 -Mod tester
    Marbledemon -Mapper
    Pinecleandog -Models/Organization
    Ratchet302 -Graphic design/Mod Tester
    rezOnance -Sound designer
    SedimentarySocks -Models
    Snood_1990 -Models
    Stiffy360 -Mapper
    tehstrelok -Sounds/Textures
    The One Free Man -Models
    The VMAN -Particle designer
    Tobba -Coding
    Tweevle -Mapper
    UberMunchkin -Mod Tester
    Yanzl -Textures
    ZeRo -Models

A BIG thanks to 1/4 Life and GearDev, for the use and implementation of their shaders!

Please take note that I am trying to build and shape this mod to the community, tell us your suggestions, and critiques!

~POSTING GUIDELINES!!!!~
    READ THE OP, ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!
    DO NOT POST ABOUT CHANGING THE NAME, IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED!
    Please thumb all images you post, unless they're really small.

Link to the V4 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1259156
    Link to the V3 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1250029
    Link to the V2 thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1236615
    Link to the V1 thread: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1216721
    Link to the Interlopers.net thread: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/vie...hp?f=8&t=36577

We can use all the help we can get, especially if you, or someone you know specializes in character models.
    If you would like to contact us about working on the mod, please visit our forums and make a thread in the "applications" board. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 114Zing x 2Friendly x 2Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    325 Posts
    Free cookies!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Hong Kong Show Events Friendly x 10Agree x 3Funny x 1Artistic x 1Zing x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Great idea, HL2 (2004) looks kinda boring right now. (At least this'll bring back mod support, with remakes of SMOD, getting development of Missing Information 1.7 which is a HL2 Beta mod, and so on. One downside however, is that there won't be support for Mac!)

Also, this puts FakeFUCKtory's Cinematic Mod to shame! (No Alyx models made to look sexually attractive, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Funny x 4Winner x 2Agree x 2Artistic x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,921 Posts
    Here's some cute pictures of the mod I took the other day:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 53Artistic x 2Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2011
    579 Posts
    Jesus christ the old thread went fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    325 Posts
    Annabelle in game screenshot ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Hong Kong Show Events Winner Winner x 21Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,609 Posts
    Annabelle in game screenshot ;)
    Grigori looks like he's smugly daring you to try and take his shiny new rifle, yet at the same time, scared that you might actually be able to take it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 11Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,814 Posts
    I had a suggestion, but between the time the last thread closed and now, I've forgotten what it was.

The thought is pretty much gone forever, now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 11Friendly x 2Dumb x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,209 Posts
    The thought is pretty much gone forever

like tears in rain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Friendly x 32Funny x 7Winner x 5Artistic x 2Optimistic x 2Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,259 Posts
    like tears in rain
    Hey man that's deep.

Like my scars.

Speaking of scars, let's talk about gibs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2010
    4,167 Posts
    Hey man that's deep.

Like my scars.

Speaking of scars, let's talk about gibs.
    Don't think there should be over-the-top gibbing like in Half-Life 1, it doesn't "fit", if you ask me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2011
    345 Posts
    can i make a question? what is neccesary to port an entire game like hl2 to a newer version of source engine (alien swarm)

the sdk? its just possible wirth hl2 or with other valve games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,301 Posts
    Are you guys going to bump the fov limit above the usual 90/scaled for resolution cap?

It'd be great to play at 110 fov.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Mr. Someguy posted:
    EM's going to remedy that partially by having different languages, which were done by different actors and thus different voices. Awhile back I think we mentioned maybe having some of FP's VA's do accents (british english vocals for example).
    I still volunteer to voiceact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2011
    579 Posts
    If I had a good mic I might have volunteered for voice work, but oh well. Best I can do other than that is GUI stuff, more specifically the HUD, but I doubt you guys have need for much HUD work that you can't already do yourselves.

16. Post #16
    June 2010
    325 Posts
    Updated animation system:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Hong Kong Show Events Winner Winner x 39 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2010
    3,969 Posts

it's crazy how so much of it is still the original stuff from HL2, and you only need to slightly touch the game up to make it look good. HL2 aged really well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 59Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    182 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 22Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,609 Posts
    it's crazy how so much of it is still the original stuff from HL2, and you only need to slightly touch the game up to make it look good. HL2 aged really well.
    Yep! Now just think of how it'll look once we finish and apply the new textures and better map geometry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2011
    1,242 Posts

Part of me preferes the more vanilla lighting, screenshots probably don't really do justice anyway. I hope post process effects can be disabled with ease.

I also forgot how flat the buildings originaly were, while playing the PS3 version I never bothered to look into details too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,500 Posts
    Is there a ModDB page set up for the mod yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,609 Posts
    Is there a ModDB page set up for the mod yet?
    Nope, I want to get at least the first level done before we put it there. It'll get flooded by a river of criticism there, we need to be able to have a nice footing before venturing to ModDB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    Nope, I want to get at least the first level done before we put it there. It'll get flooded by a river of criticism there, we need to be able to have a nice footing before venturing to ModDB.
    Now thats what i call an mod leader!

Nice thinking! Most of people creates mod pages without shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,921 Posts

Improved the gravgun handle. Looks a bit blobby at the moment but I want to put most of the detail of that into the texture seeing as it's going to be covered most -if not- all the time.

Also 'installed' some new energy bars whatever they're supposed to be.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,190 Posts
    I think they're supposed to be Xen crystals. The gravgun's "barrel" looks a little thin, can we see it from an approximate viewmodel angle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,861 Posts
    can you make ravenholm not butt ugly and give it a proper 3D skybox?

would make ths mod for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    May 2010
    1,345 Posts
    oh hey I'm glad you guys managed to get the annabelle in game after all. I would have done it earlier, but still no steam ;-;

I'm curious, are you guys going to perhaps look at dynamic specular? I don't even know if that's possible on the source engine but that'd really be a nice step over the cubemap system we have now.

also, I've done the grenade model and uv, and I'm working on the rpg model now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    859 Posts
    Anything you guys suggest I work on?

(sound, or texture wise. I'm not a moddeler)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,958 Posts
    Those C17 shots look to cheerful, could stand to choken up the atmosphere a bit. That or darken a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2009
    2,563 Posts
    The gravgun's "barrel" looks a little thin
    No.

No no no no no no
    No no no no no no
    No no no no no no
    No no no no no no

Don't let this start again. Please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny x 35Agree x 6Dumb x 2Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2009
    1,765 Posts
    No.

No no no no no no
    No no no no no no
    No no no no no no
    No no no no no no

Don't let this start again. Please.
    Don't start this again indeed.
    Lets start what should be the next logo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,148 Posts
    Don't start this again indeed.
    Lets start what should be the next logo!
    I believe the name should be changed to "Half Life 2: Enrichment"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny x 18Artistic x 3Dumb x 1Informative x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,609 Posts
    Please, don't even joke about the names or logos, it wastes space, and we've been through enough of that from the last 4 threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,307 Posts
    seriously, the logo actually looks good now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,921 Posts

Gravy Gun Mk2. Spent a fair bit of time redoing some of the mesh and re-uving it. Then retextured it using the crits from before and added the glowy shite with the use of a selfillum mask. Also the barrel is shorter. Textures are a base at the moment, though I put the detail stuff into the phong mask to see how it'd look and it gives it an interesting look where the shine fades where scratches are supposed to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 25Winner x 4Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,386 Posts
    Looking good guys, I'll be sure to keep track of this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,958 Posts
    Looks a bit plasticy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #38
    May 2009
    2,563 Posts
    Agree. The metal bits need a punchier specular.

I think the emissive parts of the metal bars going over the "core" are a bit too pronounced too. It looks more like they're heated -borderline melting- than illuminated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,831 Posts

Gravy Gun Mk2. Spent a fair bit of time redoing some of the mesh and re-uving it. Then retextured it using the crits from before and added the glowy shite with the use of a selfillum mask. Also the barrel is shorter. Textures are a base at the moment, though I put the detail stuff into the phong mask to see how it'd look and it gives it an interesting look where the shine fades where scratches are supposed to be.
    are you going to look into fixing the glow thats shittily plaguing across the grids on the barrel or was that intentional
    if its the latter, it still looks terribly wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

July 2010
    224 Posts

You should bake the model from hi poly to get a normal to make the edges look round.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)