1. Post #1
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    So thanks to NCDyson who modified the Dark Souls Noesis script I was able to finally get the models of weapons, monsters, bosses and so on with correct UV's.

Ricks Gibbed tools: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkyl8yrsm7...ks%20Tools.rar
    Dark Souls modified script: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zielsq0268il1yu

Here some of the stuff I decided to post here that took my eye. (No Solaire included since I didn't bother looking for his armor yet.)

THESE ARE JUST .OBJ FILES

Dragonoid

Kirk, Knight of Thorns

Bloathead Sorcerer

Bloathead

Sif the Great Wolf

Santuary Guardian

Basilisk

Golden Crystal Guardian

Crystal Guardian

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9038xyevhd0fpcy/dorksols.rar
    Another Download full of monsters: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4ny6kf5bkrfdqy/monsters.rar
    Mushroom people: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae76fdqun26x3td/mushrooms.rar

Alot of models thanks to joqqy can be downloaded here (Ricks tools and Noesis with Dark Souls script required): http://filesmelt.com/dl/INTERROOT_x360.rar
    All weapons and shields (arrow holster included): http://filesmelt.com/dl/weaponsshields.rar

DARK SOULS model extraction guide.
    In Ricks Tools there 3 main files for the job. Unpack, Unbind and TextureConvert. You just drag and drop the files onto one of the tools. First. Use Unpack on the main files (dvdbnd0 and 1). For armor and weapons go to dvdbnd1/parts. For enemies and bosses go to dvdbnd0/chr. And for props (bonfire, doors, barrels, etc.) go to dvdbnd1/obj. The rest of the folders are practically useless.

Then. Inside one of the folders like parts and chr are a bunch of files. Use Unbind on the files inside one of the folders with the .dcx extension. You will then get a folder of the file with a "_unpack" extention at the end.

And finaly the TextureConvert. Use this to convert the .tpf files to .dds format textures that are INSIDE the extracted (the ones you used Unbind on) chr, parts or obj folder files. Keep going through the "dvdbnd1/parts/foldername_unpack/foldername/foldername/foldername/foldername/foldername" until you see a .tpf and a .flvr file with at times another useless file.

Now what you have is download Noesis and grab the modified script for it. Find a folder inside Noesis called python inside the plugins folder. Now put the modified dark souls script inside the python folder and launch Noesis.

It will take time to get used to it. But now you must go back to one of your extracted chr, parts or obj folder files and load the .flvr file in Noesis. With this in mind once you have correctly loaded the file (a model must appear in Noesis' screen with its textures applied if you actually extracted the .tpf file) hit Export AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS "FLIP UV's".

That's all. Load your exported file (you can choose what kind of file you want to exported) into something like 3DS Max, manually apply its textures and remember to resize the model.

Small tip: The tools won't do their job correctly unless the DCX files are in their correct folders, meaning they need to be in their native folders when they've been unpacked. Just don't move any of the files once you have started started extracting them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

2. Post #2
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    6,333 Posts
    hope these get ported to source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2010
    1,219 Posts
    Dat Santuary Guardian, I agree with Rin here, more fantasy the better. But still that Santuary Guardian makes me want to do some Greek myth-style Gmoddage.

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    January 2012
    336 Posts
    wats up with sif he looks like dogmeat from fallout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    never releases anything ever
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    I'm on board for this.

Working on Silver Knight set at the moment. Still waiting to see if NCDyson can get bone data with his script before I spend any time doing my own rig.

When I finish Silver + Black Knights I'll do Solaire.

6. Post #6
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    wats up with sif he looks like dogmeat from fallout
    How should I put this... what you see is a model without edited textures (without proper editing he looks differently since Max doesn't use Alpha Channels and such). He looks bulky because those meshes are suppose to be his puffy fur.

Like in this picture:

Edited:

I'm on board for this.

Working on Silver Knight set at the moment. Still waiting to see if NCDyson can get bone data with his script before I spend any time doing my own rig.

When I finish Silver + Black Knights I'll do Solaire.
    I'll gladly put anything you got that can be rigged in the OP.

7. Post #7
    March 2012
    96 Posts
    So thanks to NCDyson who modified the Dark Souls Noesis script I was able to finally get the models of weapons, monsters, bosses and so on with correct UV's.
    Is there any download for the Noesis script?

Edit:
    NVM Found it

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    Is there any download for the Noesis script?
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zielsq0268il1yu

"Be sure to use the "FlipUVs" option when exporting too."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2012
    96 Posts
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zielsq0268il1yu

"Be sure to use the "FlipUVs" option when exporting too."
    Cool, thx Buddy. :)

10. Post #10
    March 2012
    96 Posts
    Get all the models here, extracted. Let's get all the models ready.
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/INTERROOT_x360.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2012
    428 Posts

Download coming later today, gotta do equipment and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    3,337 Posts
    you gotta name the fingers valvebiped.bip01_L_finger 0-02(thumb) 1-12(index), and so on for both the right hand and left hand

and name the hand bones valvebiped.bip01_R- and L_Hand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    you gotta name the fingers valvebiped.bip01_L_finger 0-02(thumb) 1-12(index), and so on for both the right hand and left hand

and name the hand bones valvebiped.bip01_R- and L_Hand
    Yep, I just figured that out literally a minute ago. Thanks though.

14. Post #14
    October 2012
    853 Posts

Download coming later today, gotta do equipment and stuff.
    Release so close... "I can't take this"

15. Post #15
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    Yo.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=134000

Me posted:
    The Silver Knight set from Dark Souls.

Contains:

Silver Knight
    Silver Knight Shield
    Silver Knight Spear
    Silver Knight Straight Sword
    Dragonslayer Greatbow
    Dragonslayer Arrows

The Knight contains finger posing, but you will have to unrestrict the axis due to my crappy bone rotations. The cape on his back is also posable.

All equipment can optionally be bonemerged into the Knight's hands. The Dragonslayer Greatbow has a model for drawn, and non-drawn, as well as bodygroups for the arrows.
    Gonna start on Black Knight soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2010
    250 Posts
    Gonna start on Black Knight soon.
    I love you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Praise The Sun
    April 2011
    503 Posts
    I can work on Solaire Knights.

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    At last. This is exciting. I'am hoping somebody in the Skyrim community will rig up Kirk's armor so then I would be able to port it to GMod. Along with his trusty shield and sword ofcourse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    Who's gonna be doing what?
    I don't want to be in the middle of a set and find out someone else already did it.

I was planning on Black Knight next, then Solaire, then Elite Knight Set.

NikouT you want to do Solaire?

20. Post #20
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    I don't want to be in the middle of a set and find out someone else already did it.

I didn't say somebody is going to do it. I'am just hoping somebody would notice this thread and would rig the armor to Skyrim's skeleton. Unless somebody here already knows how to do that.

21. Post #21
    Praise The Sun
    April 2011
    503 Posts

Pretty much yes, I would love to work on Solaire Knight model. (make it for garry's mod)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    3,036 Posts
    Added joqqy's link to the OP.

23. Post #23
    September 2011
    2,082 Posts
    I'm just hoping somebody would notice this thread and would rig the armor to Skyrim's skeleton.
    It's on my to-do list. Same goes for some of the Vindictus armors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2012
    853 Posts
    Was wondering if anyone found any Artorias weapons and armor?

25. Post #25

August 2012
    531 Posts
    Bravo!

26. Post #26
    July 2012
    284 Posts
    Are you manually skinning those models or did you manage to grab the bones with a new noesis script?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,313 Posts
    So far, it's almost done. Tweaking the phongs, and waiting for penny's alt materials.
    Working on Solaire at the moment, in the mean time.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    Are you manually skinning those models or did you manage to grab the bones with a new noesis script?
    Unfortunately I had to manually rig it.

Dyson told me that he hasn't managed to get bone data yet, hopefully sometime in the future he can figure it out but for now, rigging will have to be done manually.

So far, it's almost done. Tweaking the phongs, and waiting for penny's alt materials.
    Looks fantastic so far. Are you also going to do the Knight Shield and Astora's Straight Sword to go with the set?

29. Post #29
    February 2011
    769 Posts
    good job! will you be doing the Shadow Armour set also?

30. Post #30
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    If noone else does I can take care of it later. Would be a good excuse to port the katana and eastern weapons.

Honestly there is so much stuff to get and I don't know which ones to do first, I'm pretty much open to requests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2012
    96 Posts
    Looking awesome

32. Post #32
    February 2011
    769 Posts
    If noone else does I can take care of it later. Would be a good excuse to port the katana and eastern weapons.

Honestly there is so much stuff to get and I don't know which ones to do first, I'm pretty much open to requests.
    you are a good man, a very good man

33. Post #33
    October 2012
    853 Posts

Requests, huh? Wonder how many people will ask?
    As for me, All I want is Artoria's armor, his weapons, the demon's found in Lost Izalith, and the Gold-Hemmed armor set. Will it be possible to port little models (like sprites) from the game like humanity, Lord's Souls, and Dark items like Manu's soul and the pursuers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,313 Posts
    Looks fantastic so far. Are you also going to do the Knight Shield and Astora's Straight Sword to go with the set?
    Yah, though, i'm doing all the weapons, along with it, to work with SFM and gmod.

Yup, Trying to do most of the armours and npc, but just one at a time. I'll release the knight, once i get everything from penny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2011
    769 Posts
    [QUOTE=Yup, Trying to do most of the armours and npc, but just one at a time. I'll release the knight, once i get everything from penny.[/QUOTE]

thank you man keep up the good work :)

36. Post #36
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    Question: Where did you guys get the models for the full sets/enemies?

I'm looking through joqqy's files and my own unpack of dvdbnd1. All the files I've got have an o in front the names. There is almost nothing worth porting in them.

The Silver Knight I did was labeled with a c in front of the numbers? I can't find it anywhere in the files I have. Are they in a different section?
    I'm not actually sure where to look since I wasn't the one who extracted it. :/

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,151 Posts
    That was the enemy version of the knight.

Props (bonfire, doors, barrels etc.) are in dvdbnd1/obj

Enemies and bosses are in dvdbnd0/chr

Player armor and weapons are in dvdbnd1/parts

38. Post #38
    I am a huge Faggot.
    Dennab
    March 2012
    392 Posts
    does anyone know if there are darksouls gmod stuff on steam worskhops ? like models, props, and others.

39. Post #39
    September 2012
    428 Posts
    That was the enemy version of the knight.

Props (bonfire, doors, barrels etc.) are in dvdbnd1/obj

Enemies and bosses are in dvdbnd0/chr

Player armor and weapons are in dvdbnd1/parts
    Ah, thanks. I tried unpacking that but it kept crashing, tried it again and it magically worked now.

I've been screwing with the Tuarus Demon, but I'm not quite sure how to make his fur display correctly. The alpha is working, but it seems as if I'm missing something that goes underneath the alpha'd hair. I don't see any additional materials for it, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

Anyone have any ideas?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,313 Posts
    Have you tried "$alphatest" 1?