1. Post #881
    August 2012
    1,471 Posts

I'll be releasing this as soon as the forums are back up
    That looks fucking awesome.

When I first got this game, Landing on the moon was the hardest thing until one day I got into an orbit around Kerbin then realized what to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,986 Posts
    ah well i'll try later.

is there any way to do an 'inverted' symmetry mode? so placing wheels is actually possible without doing one and one
    annoying the only way I've found to do this is make probe in sph, save it, use the subassembly loader and load it into the vab

Edited:

if you turn on the debug dev displays from the debug menu you can see your current coordinates and then see the coords of the deposits on the kethane map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #883
    February 2009
    3,435 Posts
    Why is it that of you move a craft from SPH to VAB, and end a flight, instead of wanting to do return to VAB it wants to take you to the SPH?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #884
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,792 Posts
    Talked to NovaS on steam, something about the whole network ended up ded at the same time. Though spaceport and main website are back up.

Don't know when the forums will be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,915 Posts
    Massively top heavy once the orange tanks run dry? If you're not above ~50k by then it'll flip over like you said.
    Either add more tanks at the bottom or have another lift stage to use after they run out (and quickly ditch them before it flips).
    I honestly just think i am going to ditch this design ... I honestly don't know why it starts to happen with this one either. I have used the three-large-ones-and-some-additional-boosters-design for quite some time without any problems. Easily gets me into a low orbit. Now, it's just fucking messed up!

I have had problems with spinning malfunctions before, but they are so damn inconsistent and they just tend to stick with some designs no matter what i try to do, to counter it.

So i guess i am back to square one, looking for someone who can suggest a design to me to get this puppy into a low orbit OR hammer it straight into space, where the nuclear engine can take over.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

6. Post #886
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,851 Posts
    Ugh, I keep getting bluescreens. I've played this game for like 3 hours and I've had 5 of them. Everytime just before the bluescreen suddenly loads of white boxes appear on the screen and freeze it leaving me unable to do anything. It also happened every time I tried to boot up the Starforge alpha.

What the fuck is going on?
    Try updating your drivers.

KSP was giving me nasty bluescreens until I updated my drivers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #887
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,512 Posts
    Current status of my little station.

Mostly just added more escape pods and a greenhouse at the top, makes it easier to spot.

Officially renamed to 'KSS Bastard'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #888
    August 2012
    1,471 Posts
    So what exactly does this "Lazor" mod do? And how much parts does it add?

9. Post #889
    May 2007
    294 Posts
    Anyone have an opinion on transferring this game to steam? I'm debating doing it, but I'm not sure how it'll effect modding/saves/etc.

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,737 Posts
    Anyone have an opinion on transferring this game to steam? I'm debating doing it, but I'm not sure how it'll effect modding/saves/etc.

I did it, it doesn't affect modding/saves, but I honestly can say I do regret it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #891
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,715 Posts
    why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #892
    July 2010
    622 Posts
    It's tied to Steam, you can't run the ksp.exe standalone

this means:

* no multiple copies of KSP with different mods (at least without swapping folders)
    * inability to play KSP unless you've logged into steam since your last restart for offline mode, or online
    * inability to keep KSP on a USB stick and run from there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #893
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,532 Posts
    designing rovers is fun

now to get this thing into space
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,737 Posts
    Ballsiest landing I've ever made

The reasons Tommyx50 said are pretty much it. Never realised how much I took advantage of it before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,698 Posts
    RIP reusable space program

Does anyone have a list of mods he's using in that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events

16. Post #896
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,532 Posts
    So what's with the paid resources DLC ?
    Seems stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

17. Post #897
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    So what's with the paid resources DLC ?
    Seems stupid
    what are you talking about cuel?

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,497 Posts
    It's tied to Steam, you can't run the ksp.exe standalone

this means:

* no multiple copies of KSP with different mods (at least without swapping folders)
    * inability to play KSP unless you've logged into steam since your last restart for offline mode, or online
    * inability to keep KSP on a USB stick and run from there
    The steam version currently doesn't depend on steam at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

19. Post #899
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,532 Posts
    Appearently they said on the stream that the official resource system will be a paid DLC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    Appearently they said on the stream that the official resource system will be a paid DLC
    uhhhhh

can we get a c7 in here to confirm?

because that doesn't sound right

Edited:

didn't some chucklefucks say that when evas came out?

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,737 Posts
    The steam version currently doesn't depend on steam at all.
    If you launch KSP without Steam running, it will launch Steam first, then launch KSP.

If it can't find Steam.exe, it will not launch anything.

That sounds like a dependency to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #902
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,329 Posts
    im calling BS on that one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,715 Posts
    please don't play with my feelings
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,497 Posts
    If you launch KSP without Steam running, it will launch Steam first, then launch KSP.

If it can't find Steam.exe, it will not launch anything.

That sounds like a dependency to me.
    I bought it via Steam and it's running without steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #905
    June 2008
    101 Posts
    im calling BS on that one
    http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalsp/b/388327332

The announcement in question begins at the 51 minute mark.

I guess we'll see how it turns out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    January 2009
    1,482 Posts
    Shit there's drama.

DEPLOY EMERGENCY SPACE TRUCK

Now, just to get it to the Mun now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #907
    March 2008
    437 Posts
    2.6-2.8km Mun orbit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #908
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalsp/b/388327332

The announcement in question begins at the 51 minute mark.

I guess we'll see how it turns out...
    welp

"as for the rest, its basically saying what do we want to have in the full game and how much does it add to the gameplay you know. so what we decided is that a few things are too top heavy to add, so we'll probably hold those off for an expansion pack"

"things like construction, and colonies, that's subjects for an expansion pack"

"if we do an expansion pack, we would be adding features, not content"

not gonna lie, i've been less than satisfied with some of squad's choices in the past couple weeks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

29. Post #909
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    It'd be hard to think of a bigger disappointment the KSP devs could do right now.

Edited:

"things like construction, and colonies, that's subjects for an expansion pack"
    If they charge for all that, it'd be horrible. They might as well be charging for campaign mode while they're at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #910
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    so from what i got from harvester's little spiel

is that mining for fuel will be in .20

but any orbital construction and colony stuff will be a paid expansion

not cool squad, not cool

Edited:

can't wait until the forum comes back up and everyone calls them on that

maybe we can get them to change their mind

i mean cmon would it be so hard to just have a toggle when starting a new game

normal mode/expert mode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    but any orbital construction and colony stuff will be a paid expansion
    I'm willing to bet making mods that recreate the paid features will be very much bannable on the forums, too, so we'd have to make them somewhere like here.

32. Post #912
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    I'm willing to bet making mods that recreate the paid features will be very much bannable on the forums, too, so we'd have to make them somewhere like here.
    come at us squad legal team

(i'm pretty sure they don't have one so the worst that can happen is DR comes here teol)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    737 Posts
    The price to play hour ratio has been very high on this game, I wouldn't mind later expansions. I don't know what I will see by the end, but if there is no interesting incentive to go to the surface, then there is a large chunk missing from the core game. It sounds like the resources things they have already will be put in, but a more fleshed out version would be the expansion.

34. Post #914
    January 2010
    5,904 Posts
    Wow what the fuck squad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #915
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Wait, I just realized. No colony or construction abilities means that the campaign mode will really be a lot less interesting than I expected. Do they have any real plans for it yet? I thought construction and mining would be a big part of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #916
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    honestly, I think we are having something similar to what mojang had happen

cool stuff happened, then as time went on, they got lazier and lazier, and got more receptive to the idea of making your early customers pay again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #917
    November 2009
    9,281 Posts
    honestly, I think we are having something similar to what mojang had happen

cool stuff happened, then as time went on, they got lazier and lazier, and got more receptive to the idea of making your early customers pay again
    The difference, of course, is that Mojang never actually went through with it. Their updates are still free, and will always remain so.

That said, I'll probably end up buying the expansion packs if they're $5-10. Any more, and it'll be suicide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #918
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,792 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the reason they made the spaceport was to put up paid stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #919
    December 2008
    18,315 Posts
    go search google for the space port

"Kerbal SpacePort | Add On Store"

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

goddamn rip squad being cool 2011-2013
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #920
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,923 Posts
    Asteroid landing mission, Armageddon style unfortunately the hit box wasn't so good

That asteroid, is it a part? If so, where get?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events