1. Post #1
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts

I'm surprised there aren't more Dark RP servers in Games In Progress, considering how many threads I see on the ticker about the game mode. Perhaps this is because of the degeneration of Dark RP, the 'super serious rp' servers combined with shitty admins, gained through 'donations' rather than admin experience and quality, leading to power crazed kids and an overall shitty experience. This is why it is our aim here at Boonclan, to bring back those good memories of Dark RP with a great community and fan base at our side.

The admins are very relaxed, and whilst we enforce all the standard rules such as NLR, no RDM, no prop killing, we're more focused on RPing and having fun, rather than looking for an opportunity to exploit our power. There are no RDMing classes such as hit man, assassin, no stupid donator classes like SWAT who spawn with a load out fit for taking down Bin Laden, and of course no pay for admin scheme. Above all the community and fan base we have established is one of the best, this reaches to such an extent that people don't even want to kill/rob each other whilst playing! In addition, our admins are always on the lookout for opportunities to encourage RP and so we like to host events for fun and cash prizes! Favourites of mine being the Easter egg hunt, skate ramps, shot for shot and of course China town vs Godzilla. Lastly, we play on a beautiful and well designed map known as Littletown and for all you impatient people who can't wait 5 minutes to download it, go play the gritty, gray textures of downtown, a map which has been overused and in my experience, full of Nazi kids.

Ninja101 - Developer
    Webba - Developer
    FreddiRox - Community manager
    JackiRox - Community manager (AKA. Ideas guy)
    Ghosty - RP Enforcer
    Selbs - RP Enforcer
    Marty Chang - Moderator (AKA. Godzilla slayer)
    Callinstead - Moderator (AKA. Hotel owner)

- No cheating
    - No griefing
    - No flaming
    - No harrasment
    - No Metagaming
    - No job abuse
    - No propabuse
    - NLR

*For more information click 'rules' at the top to read the full list of rules on our website

- PAC3
    - PlayX
    - Wire
    - Stacker
    - Precision
    - Fading door (Now works with Wire!)
    - Keypad

Achievements (By Ninja101):
    Hitting F6 opens up a GUI with a list of achievements you can aspire towards

Meth (By Webba):
    1. Buy chemicals from the Shifty Dealer
    2. Turn chemicals to meth using a drug lab
    3. Pocket the meth (Not consume!) and drop it near a phone booth
    4. Use the phone booth to sell the meth
    *It takes 2 minutes to sell the meth, and it may alert the other gang or the police

Improve Hunger(By Webba):
    Like the regular Hunger Mod, you have to eat food to maintain a good hunger. When your hunger is at 0 you can no longer sprint.

Improved Consumables(By Webba):
    Melons make you jump higher
    Oranges make you regenerate health
    Bananas make you sprint faster
    Soda makes you do all of the above

All credit for these features goes to our one and only ideas guy: JackiRox - what would we do without him?
    ps. Ninja tends to do a lot more back end stuff!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 11Dumb x 9Winner x 7Funny x 5Optimistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Sounds fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    It's silly and I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    Thanks for the day. Nice to see the Facepunch community can appreciate the game and players. (Also the Breaking Bad RP)

More importantly I'll be hosting and event on Sunday (March 17th) at around 3PM GMT for a prize of $10,000. We will need at least 4 Non-admin or higher players to play so please bump the thread and invite more people. I will post a thread on our forums with a full list of details for the event after I've gone to sleep.

Also anyone with good screenshots from today please post them here. My favorite of the day has to be Jack (Xzibit) as the Chinese photographer "Show me dat ass ooo I love it"

The cook should be fixed by tomorow and we will get a few more tools people requested and we will get a simple Drugs mod running probably   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    2,832 Posts
    I might log in to check this out.

6. Post #6
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Where is this server hosted?

7. Post #7
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    In France Germany
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Alright, giving it a try.

Edited:

What's with the connection images?

Edited:

These panels are wrong, they say that you buy a weapon, when you actually just buy ammo.
    Fix please.

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    Sure thing, the server will probably go down around 1PM and 2PM for updates. Is the GUI pink and black for you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    Oh my, might gonna give this a shot.

12. Post #12
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    The event may be delayed to something like 6PM, we have a few problems to fix first.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    The GUI is checkered for me. No idea why though. Anyone know how I could fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    Ninja thinks it's the FastDL, he's fixing it now. It's fixed apparently

15. Post #15
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts
    Why can I not spawn the cs_militia bar props, and DoD flowerpots?

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    I'll alllow CS:S props, but probably not DOD (As sadly many people we play with don't appreciate it) for when the server changes maps.

To all those who wish to play later, download this map - http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1252317. We just hope it will liven up the server and make a change from the stale Downtown

Also we are passwording the server until then because a few bugs are causing major upset

17. Post #17
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts
    I can already spawn some DoD props, but not all of them is what i mean. Same with the CSS props. I can spawn office props, but not the props from cs_militia

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,799 Posts
    I don't have DoD.

19. Post #19
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    why is it password protected all of a sudden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I LOVE NAZIS
    June 2011
    4,515 Posts
    why is it password protected all of a sudden
    I'll alllow CS:S props, but probably not DOD (As sadly many people we play with don't appreciate it) for when the server changes maps.

To all those who wish to play later, download this map - http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1252317. We just hope it will liven up the server and make a change from the stale Downtown

Also we are passwording the server until then because a few bugs are causing major upset

21. Post #21
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    I hope you're all downloading that map. The server is... nearly ready.

Edited:

New maps on! It's fully operational! Report in soldiers!

23. Post #23
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    dear anyone who might be reading this:

if you haven't played on this server yet be sure you are a confirmed FAGGOT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    The new map is awesome. Defiantly better then EvoCity and Downtown - It felt a bit big initially, but after a while you get used it (Excluding the sewers) it's fine.

Edited:

dear anyone who might be reading this:

if you haven't played on this server yet be sure you are a confirmed FAGGOT
    I think a better statement would be 'If you aren't going to play on this server...'

25. Post #25
    Here
    Dennab
    March 2013
    14,801 Posts
    So whats special about this DarkRP? It doesn't have a pay for admin scheme which is a + but the promise of lenient admins is discerning. RDM and breaking NLR is only a kick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,586 Posts
    As with pretty much every single facepunch focused server have fun with this dying within the next 2-3 months. Looks decent enough, either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    As with pretty much every single facepunch focused server have fun with this dying within the next 2-3 months. Looks decent enough, either way.
    The servers been going for a while now. However it used to be on a French server box, but we moved to a German server and decided it would therefore be a good time to do something different.

So whats special about this DarkRP? It doesn't have a pay for admin scheme which is a + but the promise of lenient admins is discerning. RDM and breaking NLR is only a kick?
    It's hard to explain, you should defiantly try it if you're doubting it. I think what it is, is our admins are more focused around having fun then strictly RP, and that there next to no cases of rule breaking, partially because of the out of the ordinary map and the decent players.

28. Post #28
    November 2010
    5,290 Posts
    I'll try this out.

Who said shameless plugging didn't work?

Edited:

Servers empty should have expected this at this time lol. Also seems like an admin spawned a helicopter and blew it up.

29. Post #29
    August 2011
    352 Posts
    I would love to join the server, only problem being I'm an Aussie and I'm a Super Administrator for a HL2RP server.

If I ever find any spare time I would be more than happy to jump on and take a look around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    November 2010
    5,290 Posts
    The mapper of Littletown should really use some more... pleasant ambiance tracks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    727 Posts
    I was having fun till crash then server restart now it needs a password

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,499 Posts
    What's the password?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    727 Posts
    Info from one of their clan members
    Hailedbean: then it restarted
    Hailedbean: with a password :(
    Selbs: yeah, we can't get rid of it :c
    Hailedbean: :O
    Selbs: the guy who set the server up put a password in the startup, for when we were fixing things the other night
    Hailedbean: no bueno
    Selbs: and forgot to remove it.
    Selbs: so basically, everytime it restarts it has a password
    Selbs: so now we have to wait for that guy to come online to get rid of that =/
    Hailedbean: lame
    Hailedbean: time frame?
    Selbs: teething problems, kind of a bitch
    Hailedbean: yeah i understand, everytime MC updates I'm redoing my server
    Selbs: No idea, sometime tonight I should think
    Hailedbean: tonight being UK terms so this afternoon for me
    Hailedbean: thanks for the help, I'll be back on there I was enjoying the server
    Selbs: Glad to hear it :D

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,499 Posts
    The mapper of Littletown should really use some more... pleasant ambiance tracks.
    It's weird, on the server the whole town sounds like it's in the middle of a warzone, in single player it's all pretty ambiance tracks with singing birds and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    November 2010
    5,290 Posts
    I'm sorry Xzibit and Asaratha, my internet exploded.

I still don't forgive you for stealing my money printer though. I told you about the copy paper bro. I told you dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,288 Posts
    I'm sorry Xzibit and Asaratha, my internet exploded.

I still don't forgive you for stealing my money printer though. I told you about the copy paper bro. I told you dog.
    i wanted it

and i got it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    727 Posts
    I was plotting great things when it crashed

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    I think I need a day time for weekdays because I'm at school from like 7-4. If anyone has any complaints about Admins feel free to post them here (Me, Ninja101, Selbs and possibly Webba) are the only boonclan admins who read this thread. Ghosty and AliRox and CplKuhn (Xzibit) don't/can't create Facepunch accounts.

I don't really understand how servers work, but I think what caused the crash was a prop falls through the floor and then the server crashes.

39. Post #39
    December 2011
    187 Posts
    Could've been my keypad, sorry about that. I undid it as soon as I could.

40. Post #40
    January 2010
    5,141 Posts
    Anyone on the server when it crashed can have some compensation of some sort.

We're going to add some of the standard RP build addons such as SmartSnap, Stacker, Door Tool and Sign tool and try them out for a while. We might add the standard drug lab back for a while until we think of a better way to implement drugs, and I believe that Webba is working on car spawning for Engineer (Cars will spawn noclided with all to reduce CDM)

Could've been my keypad, sorry about that. I undid it as soon as I could.
    I'll ask Ninja for the logs. No one is getting banned for it unless it was purposeful