1. Post #1
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    (UPDATE 09/23/14: Four, count 'em, FOUR new packs!)

Pics of the moment (from myself, Apoc Hedgie, Lucian and The Prawn):

Third generation's over. Apparently some people didn't like it as much as the others, so no loss... right?

This topic will act as a hub for any of my Pokémon model ports for Garry's Mod, or anyone else's if someone who isn't named Apoc Hedgie offers to try porting some. THE RULES HAVE CHANGED, there is literally nothing stopping me from porting specific Pokémon models now. As long as you think they look fine in X/Y that is (which I'd hope so, the texture and model qualities are much superior than Battle Revolution's or PokéPark's).
    --------------------------------------------------
    RTB's releases:
    Generation 1
    Aerodactyl, Arcanine, Blastoise, Bulbasaur, Caterpie, Charizard, Charmander, Cubone, Dragonite, Eevee, Electabuzz, Electrode, Flareon, Golduck, Golem, Haunter, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Jolteon, Lapras, Marowak, Mew, MissingNo., Ninetales, Porygon, Psyduck, Scyther, Shellder, Slowpoke, Squirtle, u, Vaporeon, Venusaur, Venustoise, Voltorb, Vulpix, Substitute (R/B/Y/G/S/C), Poké/Great/Ultra/Master/Safari Ball
    Generation 2
    Aipom, Celebi, Chikorita, Corsola, Cyndaquil, Espeon, Feraligatr, Forretress, Furret, Mareep, Piloswine, Pineco, Porygon2, Quilava, Sneasel, Suicune, Totodile, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Pokémon Egg
    Generation 3
    Aggron, Azurill, Blaziken, Deoxys [Normal], Duskull, Flygon, Glalie, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lotad, Luvdisc, Metagross, Rayquaza, Sableye, Shedinja, Spheal, Torchic, Treecko, Substitute (R/S/E and beyond), Dive/Luxury/Nest/Net/Premier/Repeat/Timer Ball
    Generation 4
    Ambipom, Bronzong, Buizel, Chimchar, Chatot, Darkrai, Dialga, Dusknoir, Floatzel, Froslass, Gallade, Garchomp, Gible, Glaceon, Infernape, Leafeon, Luxray, Mamoswine, Manaphy, Palkia, Piplup, Porygon-Z, Prinplup, Rhyperior, Shaymin [Land and Sky], Shinx, Torterra, Turtwig, Weavile, Cherish/Dusk/Heal/Quick Ball, Gracidea, Manaphy Egg
    Generation 5
    Beartic, Bisharp, Bouffalant, Braviary, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Conkeldurr, Cubchoo, Darmanitan [Normal and Zen], Darumaka [Normal and "Zen"], Dewott, Emboar, Escavalier, Excadrill, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Galvantula, Gigalith, Golett, Golurk, Hydreigon, Joltik, Krookodile, Lampent, Landorus, Lilligant, Litwick, Oshawott, Panpour, Pansage, Pansear, Pawniard, Petilil, Pignite, Purrloin, Reshiram, Reuniclus, Samurott, Sandile, Scolipede, Scraggy, Serperior, Servine, Snivy, Tepig, Thundurus, Tornadus, Venipede, Whirlipede, Yamask, Zoroark, Cupcake
    Generation 6 (X/Y)
    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Xerneas
    ApocHedgie's releases:
    Apoc's Pokémon Pack
    Absol, Axew, Bidoof, Blissey, Croagunk, Druddigon, Electivire, Fraxure, Garbodor, Gardevoir, Geodude, Gengar, Gliscor, Groudon, Gyarados, Haxorus, Hitmontop, Ho-oh, Jigglypuff (Brawl/Melee), Kecleon, Kirlia, Klang, Klink, Klink (Custom), Klinklang, Lopunny, Lucario, Machamp, Magikarp, Magmortar, Mawile, Mudkip, Munchlax, Pachirisu, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Riolu, Salamence, Sawk, Snorlax, Stunfisk, Teddiursa, Throh, Ursaring, Wailord and Zekrom
    NEW Pokemon X/Y Ragdoll Pack
    Dedenne, Herdier, Lillipup, Minun, Omanyte, Plusle, Stoutland, Yveltal
    Lucian's releases:
    Pokémon 2000 Pack
    Articuno, Lugia, Moltres, Zapdos
    Swords of Justice
    Cobalion, Keldeo (Ordinary / Resolute), Terrakion, Virizion
    Mister Prawn's releases:
    Prawn's Pokémon
    Azumarill, Goomy, Meloetta (Aria / Pirouette), Pancham
    Greninja (Brawl Mod) V1, V2
    Meloetta (Brawl Mod)
    Treevis121's releases:
    Gothitelle, Krokorok, Maractus, Sigilyph, Whimsicott, Zorua (NPC/Ragdoll)
    Krokorok (FIXED)
    Zorua
    Silver Spirit's releases:
    Steel Pack
    Aron, Bastiodon, Bronzor, Empoleon, Heatran, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnemite, Magnezone and Scizor
    Rotom Pack
    Rotom (Normal, Wash, Mow, Fan, Heat and Frost forms)
    Gen. 1 Starters Pack
    Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Pokémon Trainer
    Wobbuffet
    Other releases:
    Lugia (from akrepp/MikeyComputer)
    Meowth (from Luigimario)
    Pikachu (Brawl) and Charizard (Brawl) (from medrop)
    Roggenrola (from Scoot@U and Treevis121)
    Staryu (from tillolie)
    Weepinbell (from tillolie)
    Various Nintendo/Pokémon reskins (from Silver Spirit)
    Shadow Pokémon reskins (from SkeleDragon)
    Arceus (from Syntax)
    Grimer and Muk (from Sam, Master of Pikmin)
    Paul (from NCDyson)
    Misc MMD Pack (from 1337gamer15, has a few custom trainer models in it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2010
    883 Posts
    Woohoo, had me worried when I seen "Locked"

3. Post #3
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Woohoo, had me worried when I seen "Locked"
    As of today, it seems that any topic with over 1,000 posts is now auto-locked. I didn't know about that until I posted in my previous topic earlier.

4. Post #4
    May 2010
    338 Posts
    I grew up with 3rd gen dangit >:L

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    651 Posts
    theres a iOS lib of models?

6. Post #6
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    theres a iOS lib of models?
    Yes, there is
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/poke...573135437?mt=8

It's got an AES-128 key protecting the model archives, but it's using the same models as the 3DS's PokéDex 3D Pro.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    651 Posts
    theres a iOS emulator on windows right? think its possible to invade the games RAM?

8. Post #8
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    theres a iOS emulator on windows right? think its possible to invade the games RAM?
    Not that I know of. Or any emulator, for that matter.

9. Post #9
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,498 Posts
    A quick google search says: Yes, there are iOs emulators for windows

10. Post #10
    October 2011
    63 Posts
    No, they can't run code design for the iPhone's ARM processors. The official iOS simulator only runs code that was compiled for a desktop Mac, so you have to be a developer with access to the original source code.

I can get memory dumps of Pokédex iOS but that's still a good chunk of bytes to look through to find anything in random memory regions. There's also the possibility of opening the program file in a disassembler like IDA to nail down how the decryption code is being handled, but that's even more complicated, and I'm too busy to take a look at anything to do with the app for at least the next week.

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    338 Posts
    (EXCEPT Origin Arceus)
    Don't you mean Origin Giratina RTB?

Yes, it took me THAT long to realize that error .

12. Post #12
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    No, they can't run code design for the iPhone's ARM processors. The official iOS simulator only runs code that was compiled for a desktop Mac, so you have to be a developer with access to the original source code.

I can get memory dumps of Pokédex iOS but that's still a good chunk of bytes to look through to find anything in random memory regions. There's also the possibility of opening the program file in a disassembler like IDA to nail down how the decryption code is being handled, but that's even more complicated, and I'm too busy to take a look at anything to do with the app for at least the next week.
    Well, a memory dump would be better than nothing. Even if the models couldn't be ripped right away, maybe I could get a good texture comparison, see if the iOS ones are any better than the PokéPark ones.

Don't you mean Origin Giratina RTB?

Yes, it took me THAT long to realize that error .
    D'oh.

13. Post #13
    October 2011
    63 Posts
    I'm almost certain the textures are better than anything else we've seen because the app is 1.5GB with all the DLC. Except maybe the next-gen graphics of Pokémon Rumble for the Wii U.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    I'm almost certain the textures are better than anything else we've seen because the app is 1.5GB with all the DLC. Except maybe the next-gen graphics of Pokémon Rumble for the Wii U.
    Likely a higher polygon count as well.

I've looked at Arcanine's hair to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    I requested the Pidove line a while ago.

16. Post #16

June 2010
    241 Posts
    I'll probably request both Patrat and Watchog.

17. Post #17
    July 2010
    6 Posts
    Nice work RTB and Apoc.

I'm going to make a SFM video of a Pokemon battle.

18. Post #18

January 2012
    421 Posts
    Nice work RTB and Apoc.

I'm going to make a SFM video of a Pokemon battle.
    Good to see people taking up animating Pokemon in SFM.
    They're a bitch to animate and I'll probably not touching them again. (at least for a while)
    No offense, guys. These models are awesome.

19. Post #19

June 2010
    118 Posts
    Man I haven't been in here for a while. Hope you guys are doing good

20. Post #20
    October 2009
    221 Posts
    I second a Smeargle model.

Is it possible to give him 5 or so skins which change the paint tail?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts

Ehh, it's been a bit of a while since I've tried to work with Garry's Mod. The changes have been a little off-putting, and I've been trying to get into the new swing of things.

Nn. GMod 13. I do realize that a number of major changes have been made. One was the way that addons are handled. On the one hand, it sounds like it's easier to synchronize them between the systems which you have GMod installed. On the other hand, the way they're set up isn't as straightforward...no drag-n-drop, it seems. (Or at least such methods don't make the content as easily visible, I think...?) Additionally, I notice that the creators of addons can easily update can freely modify their submissions so that they can always be up to date when folks play again.

When I look at all these little details I can't help but wonder if my previous testing role is still relevant.

Meanwhile I still need to make some sort of progress with the additional Raichu expressions and such. It's been at a standstill for quite a while, and the update didn't help things much...

22. Post #22
    February 2011
    322 Posts

Ehh, it's been a bit of a while since I've tried to work with Garry's Mod. The changes have been a little off-putting, and I've been trying to get into the new swing of things.

Nn. GMod 13. I do realize that a number of major changes have been made. One was the way that addons are handled. On the one hand, it sounds like it's easier to synchronize them between the systems which you have GMod installed. On the other hand, the way they're set up isn't as straightforward...no drag-n-drop, it seems. (Or at least such methods don't make the content as easily visible, I think...?) Additionally, I notice that the creators of addons can easily update can freely modify their submissions so that they can always be up to date when folks play again.

When I look at all these little details I can't help but wonder if my previous testing role is still relevant.

Meanwhile I still need to make some sort of progress with the additional Raichu expressions and such. It's been at a standstill for quite a while, and the update didn't help things much...
    I find it annoying how you need to download most of what was already installed in older versions of Gmod.

I made quite a few pics before, but no-one seems to notice them. :(

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    I made quite a few pics before, but no-one seems to notice them. :(
    Mm...well, if I were to critique, the pictures could be refined more. Some of the composition seems a bit aimless, not really built for a camera-worthy shot.

(I'm assuming that Samurott has its head, tail, and limbs backwards. Consequently I assumed that's what that "ASSMod" was.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    Mm...well, if I were to critique, the pictures could be refined more. Some of the composition seems a bit aimless, not really built for a camera-worthy shot.

(I'm assuming that Samurott has its head, tail, and limbs backwards. Consequently I assumed that's what that "ASSMod" was.)
    It's hard to pose Samurott when it's limbs are twisted like that.
    I'm not too sure what the ASSmod thing is for.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    Speaking of twisted...

Heh.

Hadn't messed with too many of the newly-uploaded Pokemon (to be honest I couldn't remember who all was new) aside from Charizard. Fairly fun to pose, even if things tend to bend a little weird or a little far....

But I digress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    Feraligatr, Golett, Lampent, Absol, Ho-Oh, Torchic, Venusaur and Blastoise are all new. There may be other new ones, but I can't quite remember.
    I think Torterra, Bulbasaur and Turtwig may also be new.

27. Post #27
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Feraligatr, Golett, Lampent, Absol, Ho-Oh, Torchic, Venusaur and Blastoise are all new. There may be other new ones, but I can't quite remember.
    I think Torterra, Bulbasaur and Turtwig may also be new.
    In the 1st pack, there's Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur. For the 2nd one, there's Totodile and Feraligatr, for the 4th there's Turtwig, Torterra, Piplup and Prinplup, and for the 5th there was Golett, Lampent, Pawniard, Whirlipede and Yamask. And for Apoc's pack, there's Absol, Ho-oh and Munchlax. Third pack didn't get an update as I had already ported all the starters/starter evolutions I could get from the PokéPark games.

(EDIT: I forgot all about Totodile!)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    Wow, that's quite the list...

Well, I'll look at things bit by bit.

Venusaur's big sticking point seems to be the legs, which are able to twist to extremes without much difficulty.

Most of everything else seems to be okay. Not certain whether the leaves were set to stay down-turned, but that doesn't seem to get in the way of things.

As mentioned before, Charizard also seems susceptible to hyperextension, and in more places.

The neck and tail seem to bend in some notably hard angles at times. and the wings can be bent into itself to make clipping situations within itself.

The wrists can be twisted almost a full 180 away from the default, similar to a situation that Samurott seems to have.

The body and legs are susceptible to a little jag as well, but the tail and most of the upper body features seem to have the most noticeable odd traits.

And Blastoise, well...there isn't too much to say, seeing as we kinda had this one before as Venustoise.

I'd bring up perhaps the comparative stiffness in this model, especially with the seemingly "action figure" legs, but it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything major.

I'll look into the others later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    On to the next grouping...

I looked at Feraligatr, and I never realized how extremely messed up his back looks. It's apparently supposed to look that way, but...gihhhh.

Anyway, I didn't see too much in terms of posing the ragdoll that caught my eye (except maybe the saw, it's a little easy to overbite), but I did notice something when I tried finger posing.

This is with the regular "thumbs up" template; the thumbs don't quite match up in their positioning. That may need to be looked into.

Wait, when did Totodile and Chikorita get ported over? (Pardon my shoddy memory.)

I took a quick look at them and for the most part they seem okay. Both of them seem to have only minor discrepancies...

But other wise they seem to work just fine. Just be mindful when using Chikorita; the mouth will get distorted when that nub of a head is turned in certain ways.

I leapt forward to a few of the more modern ones next. Golett was fairly easy to pose, though the legs seem susceptible to bending in ways they shouldn't without a lot of resistance.

The thing that I was confused about with it, however, was its head. It's odd to describe, but while it has a grasp on what its limits are, it's not a strong grasp. At least twice I re-positioned Golett and its head would sink upside-down into its body before suddenly trying to snap into a more proper position. I was able to recreate the situation by spinning its head like a wheel, so that might need to be examined.

Then I looked at Yamask and Whirlipede.

Yamask seemed to be okay for the most part. It might end up tricky to curl its fingers as the illustrations and such show, but it seems loose and poseable enough to at least come close. It and its "mask" are separate entities, so keep that in mind.

And Whirlipede...well, there's not much I can really say. It's more of a prop than anything, almost like Shedinja but with a variety of eyes.

In any case, I don't see these two needing to change much.

I'll check back with more of the others later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    Mal, Chikorita was ported YEARS ago. I remember it being the first Pokémon I played with when I first downloaded the packs.

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    221 Posts
    -Snip. Posted in wrong tab-

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    Mal, Chikorita was ported YEARS ago. I remember it being the first Pokémon I played with when I first downloaded the packs.
    You may be right. But I'm certain Totodile wasn't there before...

Anyway, I went back and began looking through the newer models of ApocHedgie.

First, Absol. We've met before, I believe...

One thing to mention is the front legs slimming when bent back. Nothing I haven't experienced before...

As I was examining this however, I noticed a few unusual things. Small unusual things...

The claws of the front feet seem to do weird clipping things that flicker depending on your relative position...

And then there's the hind feet, and I swear that one foot is wider than the other. I say this because the claws of one foot seem to hang off the sides, as opposed to being entirely embedded.

Other than that, Absol seems to work fairly well. Just some small details to look at.

Okay thank you Absol, we're done here GET OUT.

(D'aww.)

So Ho-oh was next, and because of it being a Brawl model its detail was noticably degraded. But hey.

Posing works well enough for a winged creature. It's not very easily flexible, but if I were to learn anything from, I guess, the Pokemon 2000 pack, that might not be a terrible thing.

I guess the only thing worth pointing out, depending on whether it's worth exploring, is small texture things. (What is up with that tongue?)

Finally, there was Munchlax. At first I didn't see anything, aside from an odd jab in the right-arm bend (left half). Then I checked to see if it applied to the other arm as well.

It bends the wrong way.

That will need to be looked at.

So then I went back to the 5th Gen stuff from RTB and looked at Lampent. I didn't see anything wrong with it as a whole.

Word to the wise: it's got reflective surfaces, so be sure the map you use it in can accommodate, or...

(Metal Sonic was how I confirmed it wasn't just a problem for Lampent.)

Lastly, Bisharp. ...Well, I didn't see anything noteworthy to report.

So...

Here's "Bisharp vs. Cake:"

Okay, one more post to go...

Edited:

Alright, last grouping, with the 4th generation creatures.

Piplup and Turwig were first. Didn't find anything to post for them, which is good.

Prinplup came afterward. There were two little hitch areas I came across:

...but otherwise, it seems to pose very well.

Saving the...that for last, it's Torterra. And I immediately had memories of Venusaur when I worked with the legs. Except this time, they seem to be worse off, with very little getting in the way of rotating them in odd and broken ways.

Everything that wasn't the legs seemed to be okay (I'd assume that's just the head and tail, from what I'd gather), but yeah. Definitely needs sorting out.

. . . . . . .

Whoa, that was a lot of stuff to check. Some turned out okay, but a small handful do need to be tweaked a good bit.

I'm curious now...did they *all* get added at once during this whole time, or was it in increments? (And did anyone else point these things out between then and now?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Whoops, how could I forget that I added Totodile to the pack? And as for when they were all added, the leftover starters were added back on Christmas Day, and the other 5th Generation pre-evolutions (and Lampent) were added back when I uploaded said pack to the proper Workshop (October 24th). Apoc added Munchlax, Ho-oh and Absol to his pack all at once when he uploaded it in November.

As for Chikorita, it's been around since my 4th pack revision... which was 959 days ago. Man do I feel old.

34. Post #34
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    Mal, I noticed the Golett head thing and Venusaur leg thing before.

If you think Torterra is bad, check out Silver Spirit's older stuff.

35. Post #35
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Either way, I'll see what I can do about fixing up the major problems -- maybe I have the physics boxes too close to each other again, since that seems to be one of the things that makes ragdolls ignore their limitations.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    If you think Torterra is bad, check out Silver Spirit's older stuff.
    I've seen. I know at least his Lucario was one of my earliest "report" posts in the thread's history.

(Add:)
    Likely a higher polygon count as well.

I've looked at Arcanine's hair to see.
    I managed to grab two or three screenshots:

The details seem more refined, with more noticeable curves to the figures.

And Arcanine...

You can definitely see it in the hair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    678 Posts
    I think I'm a little better versed in the new GMod now, and I managed to put this together.

(I'd imagine it's a little better than the standard model requests I've seen in the thread recently.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    Welp, I've been out of Garrysmod for quite a while. Still, that video's probably one of the best things to come back to.

39. Post #39
    February 2011
    322 Posts
    What I miss about the old Models from Stadium 1 and 2, is the textures in the Models; all the newer models are like shiny plastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

40. Post #40