1. Post #41
    February 2007
    734 Posts
    Pay2win doesn't exactly mean the stuff you purchase are OP or stronger, if you can skip grinding by paying money that is also an element of pay2win. You have an advantage over people who don't purchase these kits (Assuming you're the same level).
    if you're grinding to unlock weapons then you're totally playing it wrong. You unlock guns as you play it's not like you HAVE to have all the cool guns with all the attachments etc. My best and most used weapons are the ones you start with and i got to rank 50 a long time ago.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,074 Posts
    Hahaha yeah dude the AUG and FAMAS are great for medic. SG553, ACW-r, MTAR and QBZ are great for engineer. PKP, LSAT, L86A2 and QBB are great for support. Those are all high level or unlockable by assignment weapons and they are horrible compared to either the starter weapon or the first one that you unlock for the class.
    Most starter weapons aren't bad at all. In fact, the starting Assault and Engineer weapons kick ass for both teams. The thing with the unlocks is that they tend to have more situation-specific advantages, but the starting gear performs excellently all-round.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,987 Posts
    You know that Bf3 was released in 2011 25 october right?
    BF2 was released June 2005 what's your point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    8,960 Posts
    BF2 was released June 2005 what's your point.
    BF1942 was released in 2002 you know that right?

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,102 Posts
    I'm looking at it and for engineer, support and medic I see that either starter weapons or 1st one to unlock are very similar to some high lvl ones. For support that would be 2nd weapon to unlock.
    And some guns are better in close quarters and some are better at long range. You can't say that X is best.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,326 Posts
    You know that Bf3 was released in 2011 25 october right?
    Battlefield 2 was released in 2005 and wasn't directly replaced for 6 years. Battlefield 4 was announced less than a year after BF3 released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    It's going to be similar to BF3. After release, they're just going to ship out 3-4 DLC's that take half a year to develop for 3-4 maps and 4-5(?) weapons, within a couple months after it's initial release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    October 2012
    8,960 Posts
    So wagering its going to be shown sometime today since the PS4 reveal is today, and Sony cooperates with EA when it comes to Battlefield.. they might show a teaser or a full length trailer at the reveal or something.

I'm betting its going to visually look the same and include Ruskies and Americans and be based in current times.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,102 Posts
    So wagering its going to be shown sometime today since the PS4 reveal is today, and Sony cooperates with EA when it comes to Battlefield.. they might show a teaser or a full length trailer at the reveal or something.

I'm betting its going to visually look the same and include Ruskies and Americans and be based in current times.
    Well I'm not buying it then since I already have that game.

10. Post #50
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    It's going to be similar to BF3. After release, they're just going to ship out 3-4 DLC's that take half a year to develop for 3-4 maps and 4-5(?) weapons, within a couple months after it's initial release.
    I have 0% problem with how they did their DLC. I don't know you other people but I'm happy as heck they release DLC with 4 maps each.

BF3's awesome and I very much doubt BF4 will be less awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Dennab
    October 2012
    524 Posts
    No thanks, considering bf3 isn't get any more dlcs its the perfect game atm.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,326 Posts

There was a rumour about what was in the game. The same rumour also included the Air Superiority mode for BF3 and that turned out to be true, so it's likely the rest is as well. The Rumour said:

Coming on October 23rd, 2013
    Released on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and will be one of the first games released for “next-gen consoles”
    Running on Frostbite 2.0 engine
    Commander System returns, supports motion tracking and voice control
    Improved Battlelog integration and stat-tracking
    Your profile can be linked with other devices
    Auto login, internet connection always required
    Will support cloud saves
    The game will supposedly be easier to pick up and play—supposedly for the benefit of “Call of Duty players”
    Support for video recording / playback / sharing
    Have “gem store for DLC and other such stuff”
    Three factions: USA, Russia, China
    Ability to create female soldiers
    PC, next PlayStation, next Xbox versions will support 64-player maps
    PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will support less players
    PC, next PlayStation, next Xbox versions will run at 60fps
    Demo video already being shown internally at EA
    Battlefield 4 will use 80% of the power of the Frostbite 2.0 engine, where BF3 used 30%~40%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 8Informative x 4Optimistic x 1Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    October 2012
    8,960 Posts
    I wonder how China is going to fit in. Plot twist: China allies with Russia and they conquer earth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,574 Posts
    GameStop’s CEO tweeted: “Got to see Battlefield 4 today and all I can say is WOW! Thanks EA for the sneak peak. Can’t wait for you all to see it.”
    Corruption/Sarcasm Detected
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts

Looks like this might be what they're talking of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    R.I.P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,824 Posts
    I would really like a Bad Company 3 some time soon. It's time we step away from having a super serious storyline and bring back the boys from B-Company.

I will keep on saying this. A Battlefield 4 feels far too early. But at this time, Bad Company 3 feels just right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,101 Posts
    quote from nostradamus: bf4 launch (everyone and their dog buys it), dlc 1 is launched (everyone buys it), dlc 2 (even more people buy it), bf4 premium is launched (everyone and their dog/cat/mouse buys it), then dlc 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + last dlc. After that, the cycle starts over.

19. Post #59
    May 2009
    1,241 Posts
    Am I the only one who would like another WWII Battlefield game? I can't get enough of the first one really and i love the WWII setting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Dennab
    February 2008
    10,478 Posts
    I would really like a Bad Company 3 some time soon. It's time we step away from having a super serious storyline and bring back the boys from B-Company.

I will keep on saying this. A Battlefield 4 feels far too early. But at this time, Bad Company 3 feels just right.
    I'm happy with BF4 but I would be even happier with BC3.
    quote from nostradamus: bf4 launch (everyone and their dog buys it), dlc 1 is launched (everyone buys it), dlc 2 (even more people buy it), bf4 premium is launched (everyone and their dog/cat/mouse buys it), then dlc 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + last dlc. After that, the cycle starts over.
    And it's bad how? I don't like playing the same maps forever and I'm really happy with BF3 Premium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,987 Posts
    There was a rumour about what was in the game. The same rumour also included the Air Superiority mode for BF3 and that turned out to be true, so it's likely the rest is as well. The Rumour said:

Coming on October 23rd, 2013
    Released on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and will be one of the first games released for “next-gen consoles”
    Running on Frostbite 2.0 engine
    Commander System returns, supports motion tracking and voice control
    Improved Battlelog integration and stat-tracking
    Your profile can be linked with other devices
    Auto login, internet connection always required
    Will support cloud saves
    The game will supposedly be easier to pick up and play—supposedly for the benefit of “Call of Duty players”
    Support for video recording / playback / sharing
    Have “gem store for DLC and other such stuff”
    Three factions: USA, Russia, China
    Ability to create female soldiers
    PC, next PlayStation, next Xbox versions will support 64-player maps
    PS3 and Xbox 360 versions will support less players
    PC, next PlayStation, next Xbox versions will run at 60fps
    Demo video already being shown internally at EA
    Battlefield 4 will use 80% of the power of the Frostbite 2.0 engine, where BF3 used 30%~40%
    God why bring back the Commanders slot, 90% of servers on BF2 cried and bitched if the commander dare did anything other than stare at the map screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Page not found?

23. Post #63
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,294 Posts
    so... Why is Battlefield 4 not a sequel to battlefield 2142?

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,152 Posts
    Meanwhile, BF3 Premium is on sale for $27. I might get it. Very curious to play the new maps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    August 2010
    1,241 Posts
    I can tell you that the high level guns are much better than the starter guns in every possible way. They all have better accuracy, damage, recoil, etc. There is a site somewhere which shows a nice analysis of the weapons in BF3, but I forgot what it's called.
    Yeah which is why everyones running around with the DLC weapons right?!

No... everyone and their dog is using the god damn M16A3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,936 Posts
    I can tell you that the high level guns are much better than the starter guns in every possible way. They all have better accuracy, damage, recoil, etc. There is a site somewhere which shows a nice analysis of the weapons in BF3, but I forgot what it's called.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,692 Posts
    Seriously would of preferred a 2143, just really anything to spice it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

28. Post #68
    ruins popcorn
    April 2010
    1,676 Posts
    internet connection always required
    :/

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,224 Posts
    Kinda sucks, but let's be honest, did anyone ever think "oh my internet is out, let's go play Battlefield 3 singleplayer"?

Looking forward to the PS4 and BF4 reveal.

30. Post #70
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,566 Posts
    God why bring back the Commanders slot, 90% of servers on BF2 cried and bitched if the commander dare did anything other than stare at the map screen.

ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED
    ENEMY TANK SPOTTED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,517 Posts
    Wow, 900 guests.
    All for the image Novangel posted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts

33. Post #73
    October 2012
    8,960 Posts
    Wow, 900 guests.
    All for the image Novangel posted
    Is that image even legit?

34. Post #74

35. Post #75
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    T-They do realise that was from Destroid?

Edited:

NeoGaf my bad.

36. Post #76
    October 2012
    8,960 Posts
    Why are you ruining it? sshh

37. Post #77
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,517 Posts
    Is that image even legit?
    Its an official image so of course its fake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,015 Posts

Yep seems like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,270 Posts
    god forbid a game series focused around playing online multiplayer ever require you to be on the internet. It would have ruined the game if BF3 required you to use that flop service "Origin" or operate through a web browser

!!

seriously people the whole "oh no next gen is forcing you to be always online!!!" shit is getting ridiculous. Most games even hinting at this are online play oriented games, services are things that only require internet to operate when their point is to do something with the internet, and gamers like ourselves probably don't leave the internet as it is so what even changes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #80
    March 2012
    324 Posts
    Well as long as they add better thing's in this it would be better. BF3 was great but they should have better servers and more content and stop striving for people's money and toss the community aside and concentrate just on way's to get money from people. DICE/EA have great games they just need to listen to the community and do some finishing touches on the game and they will finish with a great product, which they already got, but will be better and have a greater communtiy base.