1. Post #1
    January 2013
    56 Posts
    I have problem. I am trying to make a new map with some custom textures. I made a new config for Gmod, and when I put new vtf's and vmt's into my materials/textures folder, they show up in hammer but as black and purple checkered squares. When I put them onto a block, they still show as black and purple checkers. All the other textures work perfectly. Just not the custom ones.

Please help!!!

P.S. I'm sure there are other questions just like this, but I went ten pages back and didn't find one. So I'm just going to make this quick and ask it here. Thanks in advance!

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,526 Posts
    In the .vmt what does it say for "$basetexture?"

3. Post #3
    September 2009
    179 Posts
    Copy and paste all of the text inside the VMT file for us to see, will make things easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2013
    56 Posts
    "LightmappedGeneric"
    {
    "$basetexture" "planks01"
    "$surfaceprop" "Wood_Solid"
    }

That's for one of them. The rest of them basically look the same, with the values changed to fit the texture.
    If the name of the texture was 'fabric01' then the basetexture would read "$basetexture" "fabric01"

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,526 Posts
    You need to place the vtf and vmt in your "materials/" folder.

6. Post #6
    January 2013
    56 Posts
    is the basetexture supposed to be a filepath?

Edited:

I got it now. Thank you very much!

Blessed be your soul.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)