1. Post #1
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    I am installing my Galaxy S2 USB drivers but the install is failing as it states it cannot find Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller Drivers.

Windows 7 x64.

Anyway for me to force reinstall those drivers or something?

MOTHERFUCKER

IF I CANT FIX THIS I CANT FIX MY FUCKING BRAND NEW PHONE

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,799 Posts
    I am installing my Galaxy S2 USB drivers but the install is failing as it states it cannot find Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller Drivers.

Windows 7 x64.

Anyway for me to force reinstall those drivers or something?

MOTHERFUCKER

IF I CANT FIX THIS I CANT FIX MY FUCKING BRAND NEW PHONE
    Which driver are you trying to install?

If it's the normal driver it should come with the software suite, but if its fastboot or odin or whatever (I'm not that familiar with samsungs) the driver might be elsewhere.

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Well its drivers from kies and the Samsung usb phone drivers that you get here

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-R760IBAUSC

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,851 Posts
    Alright, your phone seems totally fucked, but I'm still gonna try to help you. In device manager, right-click the "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller", and click Properties. Then click the Details tab, and then from the drop-down, select "Hardware Ids" and give me a screenshot of that.

5. Post #5
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Alright, your phone seems totally fucked, but I'm still gonna try to help you. In device manager, right-click the "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller", and click Properties. Then click the Details tab, and then from the drop-down, select "Hardware Ids" and give me a screenshot of that.
    Thank you so much for even attempting and giving me hope!

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,851 Posts
    Hmm. Wow. Are you sure that's what pops up when you plug in your phone? The Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller? Either something is wrong with your computer's motherboard, or your phone is identifying itself as a generic USB host controller, which makes no sense. It's definitely something more than just a driver mismatch. Your phone should be showing up as USB\VID_04E8. If you're getting a PCI\ device popping up when you plug in your phone instead of USB\, it really leads me to believe that your motherboard's controller is messed up. Try plugging your phone into another computer if you can.

7. Post #7
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Hmm. Wow. Are you sure that's what pops up when you plug in your phone? The Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller? Either something is wrong with your computer's motherboard, or your phone is identifying itself as a generic USB host controller, which makes no sense. It's definitely something more than just a driver mismatch. Your phone should be showing up as USB\VID_04E8. If you're getting a PCI\ device popping up when you plug in your phone instead of USB\, it really leads me to believe that your motherboard's controller is messed up. Try plugging your phone into another computer if you can.
    Nothing pop ups when I plug in my phone, although the drivers are installed.

The drivers install with an error though after.

Installing...

and then

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Worst case scenario try installing WUBI (Ubuntu in a Windows OS) and see if Heimdall can save your ass.

Edited:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1865102

Here's a link I found. It's for the Epic 4G Touch which is the same phone but relabeled for Sprint.

Edited:

Oh, and it's fucking annoying when people say Galaxy S2 because that's basically meaningless for tech support. I'm guessing you have a Virgin/Sprint GS2 but I don't know unless you post the model number and exclusively refer to it by that.

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Worst case scenario try installing WUBI (Ubuntu in a Windows OS) and see if Heimdall can save your ass.

Edited:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1865102

Here's a link I found. It's for the Epic 4G Touch which is the same phone but relabeled for Sprint.

Edited:

Oh, and it's fucking annoying when people say Galaxy S2 because that's basically meaningless for tech support. I'm guessing you have a Virgin/Sprint GS2 but I don't know unless you post the model number and exclusively refer to it by that.
    That thread would help if my computer would still see my phone.

And yeah it is annoying and it is what got me into the mess. I figured the rom was fine as well, I have a galaxy S2. Well apparently that doesnt matter.

I'm on Virgin Mobile and its a SPH-D710

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,851 Posts
    Did you try it on another computer?

11. Post #11
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Did you try it on another computer?
    Not yet unfortunately. None are readily available.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,851 Posts
    Okay, I have another question: are you plugging your phone into a USB 3.0 port?

13. Post #13
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    That thread would help if my computer would still see my phone.

And yeah it is annoying and it is what got me into the mess. I figured the rom was fine as well, I have a galaxy S2. Well apparently that doesnt matter.

I'm on Virgin Mobile and its a SPH-D710
    It doesn't enumerate on ADB when in recovery?

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Okay, I have another question: are you plugging your phone into a USB 3.0 port?
    Not entirely sure, I don't think so though.

Edited:

It doesn't enumerate on ADB when in recovery?
    I don't know what you mean by that, sorry. Could you please clarify?

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Get ADB working on your computer. Boot the phone in to recovery. Connect the phone to the computer. Try an adb devices command. If it says a device is connected, that's your ticket to recovering the phone.

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    Get ADB working on your computer. Boot the phone in to recovery. Connect the phone to the computer. Try an adb devices command. If it says a device is connected, that's your ticket to recovering the phone.
    Alright downloading the SDK ADT Bundle now so I can run ADB commands. Once I see if a device is connected I am unsure as to what steps to use to actually recover the phone.

Thanks for your help so far!

Edited:

Okay, I think I tried it. Didn't work. I might try it with the phone in download mode too, recovery mode seems weird to do this in.

Edited:

Same problem in download mode.

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    I'm guessing your only fix at this point if you cannot access microSD, internal SD, main OS, or anything else is to just go with JTAG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    5,907 Posts
    I'm guessing your only fix at this point if you cannot access microSD, internal SD, main OS, or anything else is to just go with JTAG.
    Alright yeah. I tried it on another computer and no luck. I am mailing it tomorrow to get it unbricked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)