1. Post #481

January 2012
    83 Posts
    Have you guys managed to do this server side?
    Like, if you join without any addons installed you see that stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,613 Posts
    Have you guys managed to do this server side?
    Like, if you join without any addons installed you see that stuff?
    I highly doubt valve added that feature yet.
    If other valve games are anything to go by , they'll use workshop to handle it instead of downloading it straight from the server you're joining to.

3. Post #483

December 2013
    16 Posts
    HOLY SHIT A MINIMAP!
    REVOLUTIONARY!

4. Post #484
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,224 Posts
    Beautiful.

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    225 Posts
    Next project: Deadlock, a mining themed map with a single lane.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Late Late x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    January 2014
    1 Posts
    This looks really good! This could be a really nice way to play 1v1

7. Post #487

January 2014
    1 Posts
    Next project: Deadlock, a mining themed map with a single lane.

can't wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #488

January 2012
    83 Posts
    This happend after I opened a map where I added displacements without restarting dota. :D

However my real problem is that my camera and hero bug when I go to the left side of the map.
    My camera goes near to the ground and the hero disapears (goes very high where he isn't visible)

This is the "line" where the hero disapears.

Has anyone an idea why?

Nvm. I found the problem.

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    225 Posts
    Has anyone an idea why?
    Your skybox is probably too low to the ground or you have stray brushes/displacements above your heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Your skybox is probably too low to the ground or you have stray brushes/displacements above your heroes.
    I had that problem. For some reason, changing the displacement's texture solved it.

11. Post #491

January 2012
    83 Posts
    Since the fgd from the wiki is missing stuff like the throne I think I share my fgd I found in my Source Filmmaker dota 2 folder.
    Don't ask me how it got there :D

https://www.mediafire.com/?aypcypg92zwcuj2
    And put the halflife2.fgd to the same folder so you can see (for example) the lines of the path_corner enteties.

Btw, has anyone else problems with the shops? Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

12. Post #492
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,026 Posts
    Is it possible to mod loading screens yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    May 2013
    370 Posts
    This happend after I opened a map where I added displacements without restarting dota. :D

However my real problem is that my camera and hero bug when I go to the left side of the map.
    My camera goes near to the ground and the hero disapears (goes very high where he isn't visible)

This is the "line" where the hero disapears.

Has anyone an idea why?

Nvm. I found the problem.
    give rainbow road 2014

14. Post #494

December 2013
    16 Posts
    Is it possible to mod loading screens yet?
    It has been for a long time.

15. Post #495

October 2011
    2 Posts

(I'm a bit new at this)
    For Half Life fans!
    Can someone help me with the eyes?
    Also the death animation is so complicated for black mesa source, that the decompiler screwed it up
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0gargantua.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #496
    November 2012
    502 Posts

I should do this for ember spirit too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    April 2010
    95 Posts

Awesome idea, but it doesn't look like its sitting far enough down.
    Definately do it for Ember too.

18. Post #498
    November 2012
    502 Posts
    Awesome idea, but it doesn't look like its sitting far enough down.
    Definately do it for Ember too.
    Ehh. doesn't look the best in this case.
    Shame really.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    I'd recommend making ember's hat the color of his shoulder armor and maybe metal like his armor too, or a slightly darker red, and adding a flame tassel that moves similar to the one on storm's hat to make it unique from other round hats that people have made, and maybe have a style without said tassel. It could be kind of like the hat from his concept art

The hat also seems like it's not facing far down enough still too, or maybe it's tilted a little too much to the right. Can't quite put my finger on what it is about the hat's position.

Edited:

If you're trying to make that hat look like his remnant's hat, but slightly different in color, you may want to make the model a little more flat. The hat looks like it's pointed up higher than the one the remnant has on, but it could just be the way earth's head is positioned in comparison to his remnant.

Edited:

Also, wouldn't these be more fitting for the Dota 2 emporium since they're more about workshop submissions than "mods?"

20. Post #500
    August 2009
    256 Posts
    Does trigger_hurts hurt players? I hope there is something that does because I want to see if my stupid idea works, a sort of Mario Galaxy beat block map where land switches between deadly and safe.

21. Post #501
    November 2013
    1,063 Posts
    Wow, that was... Unexpected.

The textures seems pretty off.

22. Post #502
    June 2013
    240 Posts
    Wow, that was... Unexpected.

The textures seems pretty off.

I think he was going for more of this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #503
    August 2009
    256 Posts
    Using frostivus as a custom gamemode doesn't seem to work anymore and no heroes can be selected when trying a custom map. Is this for everyone or am I just being stupid.

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    It seems as if snd_rebuildaudiocache is still broken. Any way to get new sound mods working without it, or to make valve know that it's not working?

25. Post #505
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,839 Posts
    It seems as if snd_rebuildaudiocache is still broken. Any way to get new sound mods working without it, or to make valve know that it's not working?
    What is wrong with them exactly? I just made this a couple weeks ago and it still works fine:

I never even used the rebuildaudiocache command for this to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

26. Post #506
    June 2010
    11,224 Posts
    Using it will cause most sound files not to work anymore.

Skill sounds, menu sounds and I think the music won't work anymore. Only the hero voice files will work.

Kinda sucks since I want to use my Necrolyte sound mod but if I can't hear all the other sound files, then why should I do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,420 Posts
    I just made my first three successful sound mods. I was wondering if I could get help with actually finding out what's the best way to distribute these files? I've never done anything like this in a while.

The first two replace the Radiant and Dire victory themes with the German and Russian victory themes from Call of Duty : World at War. Then I combined the sound of DP's Exorcism with the death music in World of Warcraft, which actually sounds pretty fucking cool. I know there's a way that I can link a preview, but I don't know how to do that. Any help?

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    Well, for a preview, just make a video and upload it to youtube.

For the actual mods, just make separate folders for each individual mod. Make sure you include the directories like sound/whatever and maybe include a readme for them.

29. Post #509
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    13,211 Posts
    Guys, is it possible to change the colors of particles? I mean, if I want to change Lina's ult from white/blue to black/red, would that be possible and what would I have to do?

30. Post #510
    April 2013
    2,218 Posts
    Guys, is it possible to change the colors of particles? I mean, if I want to change Lina's ult from white/blue to black/red, would that be possible and what would I have to do?
    I believe it is possible, and you can do it with some kind of particle editor.
    If I recall well, SFM has a particle editor, but Im not sure if it would work with Dota 2 completely.

31. Post #511
    September 2013
    1,253 Posts
    I think he was going for more of this:
    My first thought was that the Gargantua looked like Roshan when I first played black mesa

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    I believe it is possible, and you can do it with some kind of particle editor.
    If I recall well, SFM has a particle editor, but Im not sure if it would work with Dota 2 completely.
    I've never tried editing dota 2 particles, but couldn't you open them in the tf2 particle editor? I know TF2 has a particle editor that you can use by just putting something like -tools into the launch options for it and launching the game.

33. Post #513
    December 2013
    1,599 Posts
    What is this?

34. Post #514
    March 2010
    738 Posts
    What is this?
    Every heard of legends of dota? Pictured is a skill and hero selector -- you get to "design" your own hero by selecting 4 skills :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,598 Posts
    Decided to release this private mod I made for friends and myself.

Shrek Magi:

*Note: Does not come with custom sounds, I got really lazy.

Download:http://horobox.co.uk/u/Gormaoife_1390742439.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    March 2013
    94 Posts
    I'm using the Alien Swarm SDK Particle Editor for Dota 2's particles. It's still buggy though like you can't change the textures of the same model like from Storm Spirit to his static remnant form and the cosmetics disappear when you use a hero as an effect (ex. Anti-Mage's Blink).

37. Post #517
    January 2014
    4 Posts
    Decided to release this private mod I made for friends and myself.

Shrek Magi:

*Note: Does not come with custom sounds, I got really lazy.

Download:http://horobox.co.uk/u/Gormaoife_1390742439.rar
    That multicast icon made this mod 100% worth downloading.

38. Post #518
    June 2010
    11,224 Posts
    Did the recent update fix the soundcache problem?

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,965 Posts
    no

Edited:

someone has to tell valve about it. i had expected somebody to tell them by now.

40. Post #520
    November 2013
    118 Posts
    Did the recent update fix the soundcache problem?
    I fixed it my self. Just download all the original sounds and then replace the ones you want. Open dota 2 and type in console snd_rebuildaudiochace