1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,527 Posts
    hmm, new set. didn't think about those.
    sure pal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    July 2012
    1,583 Posts
    Would it be possible to mod in Lina's Arcana item? As in, the arcana model replaces the basic one, the skill icons get replaced, etc.

3. Post #203
    October 2006
    3,005 Posts
    Would it be possible to mod in Lina's Arcana item? As in, the arcana model replaces the basic one, the skill icons get replaced, etc.
    Yea and it's already been done.

4. Post #204
    July 2012
    1,583 Posts
    Yea and it's already been done.
    Link?

5. Post #205
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    June 2010
    6,256 Posts
    ...that's a 350KB .exe behind an adfly link.

Seems real fishy.

On a vaguely related matter, any way to extract and edit the particles to tint the Blink Dagger effect red/make it fiery looking?

7. Post #207
    July 2012
    1,583 Posts
    The file name is LinaFlameHair.exe

This doesn't feel right.

Edit: Took a risk and downloaded it. Scanned for viruses, nothing. Checked Dota, and it's working. The installation was all in Russian.

8. Post #208
    October 2006
    3,005 Posts
    I had to find it via google, the modsite I'm used to using doesn't exist anymore. If it's an exe, don't download it, sorry bout that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    July 2012
    1,583 Posts
    I had to find it via google, the modsite I'm used to using doesn't exist anymore. If it's an exe, don't download it, sorry bout that.
    FUCK

10. Post #210
    October 2006
    3,005 Posts
    Nah you're probably fine. If it installed and works then the exe is probably for the old process of modding Dota 2, when you had to inject the files into the vpk.

11. Post #211
    July 2012
    1,583 Posts
    Nah you're probably fine. If it installed and works then the exe is probably for the old process of modding Dota 2, when you had to inject the files into the vpk.
    Thanks anyway. The only problem I had was that there were no fire physics in the portrait but everything else was fine.

Edit: http://dota2.ru/forum/topic/108617-a...ugoe-dlja-dot/ This is the guy who made the installer based on some of the readable text in the .exe

12. Post #212
    August 2013
    2 Posts
    Fortunately I had a backup of the original Phantom Assassin model so if anyone hates the new one here you go :P

http://uppit.com/drcyfx60ywe9/Old_Ph...sssin_Skin.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    5,929 Posts
    some guy in the Refugee Camp made a Merasmus sound pack mod for Wisp. Sharing it here since I doubt many of us actually read the RC.

http://puu.sh/54ciJ.rar

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,397 Posts
    Can someone make this the picking music?

15. Post #215
    December 2011
    260 Posts
    any one can do a recolor to troll ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #216

November 2013
    6 Posts
    I would just leave this here.. seems like the relevant thread.

Download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5Late Late x 4 (list)

17. Post #217
    June 2008
    2,015 Posts
    I would just leave this here.. seems like the relevant thread.

Download
    those are bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #218
    November 2012
    490 Posts
    You know what since they added a zoom button for whatever reason I might as well put what I had of this up.
    Not done and is partially outdated but whatever. Also it uses the wold stormspirit textures but thankfully don't override the new ones.

My Fantastically stupid HD Texture Thing.

Download 1/2

Download 2/2

Silencers separate since I know you guys care a lot about that.

Purple Silencer

Red Silencer

Qop wing fix made sometime during testing. Download this too please. I screwed up on the initial download some time ago.

Let me sum up everything you should know. IE the readme file. Readme file itself is out of contex but whatever.

-DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU CANNOT KEEP A STEADY FRAMERATE ON MAXIMUM SETTINGS:
    THIS WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.

-TURN OF V-SYNC. TEXTURE OVERRIDE HATES V-SYNC.

-DO NOT USE THESE IN SFM; ESPECIALLY IF YOU FOLLOWED CYBORGMATT'S 'TUTORIAL.'

-I RECOMMEND OVER TWO GIGS OF RAM MINIMUM. BE PREPARED TO CRASH IF YOU'RE UNDER THAT.

-MIRANA STILL LOOKS LIKE A MAN

Installing isn't too difficult.
    Find your dota2 files in

\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\

Merge the contents of the download with the material folder you'll find there.
    Then put these in your dota2 launch options.

-override_vpk +r_lod 0

Alternatively you could not include r_lod if you want level of detail models still active.
    Stuff's higher poly with it included. Just a bonus.

Also this happened a while ago. I could release this too if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,219 Posts
    Does anyone have the old storm spirit?

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,963 Posts
    You know what since they added a zoom button for whatever reason I might as well put what I had of this up.
    Not done and is partially outdated but whatever. Also it uses the wold stormspirit textures but thankfully don't override the new ones.

My Fantastically stupid HD Texture Thing.

Download 1/2

Download 2/2

Silencers separate since I know you guys care a lot about that.

Purple Silencer

Red Silencer

Qop wing fix made sometime during testing. Download this too please. I screwed up on the initial download some time ago.

Let me sum up everything you should know. IE the readme file. Readme file itself is out of contex but whatever.

-DO NOT USE THESE IF YOU CANNOT KEEP A STEADY FRAMERATE ON MAXIMUM SETTINGS:
    THIS WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.

-TURN OF V-SYNC. TEXTURE OVERRIDE HATES V-SYNC.

-DO NOT USE THESE IN SFM; ESPECIALLY IF YOU FOLLOWED CYBORGMATT'S 'TUTORIAL.'

-I RECOMMEND OVER TWO GIGS OF RAM MINIMUM. BE PREPARED TO CRASH IF YOU'RE UNDER THAT.

-MIRANA STILL LOOKS LIKE A MAN

Installing isn't too difficult.
    Find your dota2 files in

\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\

Merge the contents of the download with the material folder you'll find there.
    Then put these in your dota2 launch options.

-override_vpk +r_lod 0

Alternatively you could not include r_lod if you want level of detail models still active.
    Stuff's higher poly with it included. Just a bonus.

Also this happened a while ago. I could release this too if you want.
    I think that there's something wrong with PA's face/model with this. Her mouth no longer moves and her face looks like a strange mix of her old and new one, which looks kind of ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    5,929 Posts
    "You have no idea how high I am right now"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #222
    July 2011
    398 Posts
    I think that there's something wrong with PA's face/model with this. Her mouth no longer moves and her face looks like a strange mix of her old and new one, which looks kind of ugly.
    Didn't know Steve Buscemi was the model for PA's face.

23. Post #223
    November 2012
    490 Posts
    That got a laugh out of me.

Yeah PA face was updated between the time I was testing this and of course it's release.
    You can fix that by either deleting PA included textures or using the older head model. I cannot stand the new one.

Also it could have been much worse

Edited:

Oh and I think valve broke faceposing; at least for me.
    So no I didn't cause that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    April 2010
    95 Posts
    Can we get a mod that changes Omni's cosmetics back to the blue versions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,963 Posts
    bumping thread and posting more bugs with BlueFlyTrap's HD texture mod. It seems that now Luna's mount has a missing texture (purple and black checkers). I know it has to do with the mod because when I remove the files related to her mount, it works normally.

Also, Beastmaster's boar is now the shiny white and purple and blue color of his normal map for some reason instead of being its regular brown and tan color. His bird is fine though.

And oddly enough, both of those issues have this show up when I open their vtfs.

I'll try re-downloading

I hope you're updating this mod cause it's really neat. Love mods that improve the looks of my games.

26. Post #226
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,054 Posts

Oh god why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #227
    March 2011
    3,017 Posts

Oh god why.
    Looks like Death Propeth was playing against Phantom Lancer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,327 Posts
    abaddon looks cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,963 Posts

Oh god why.
    That glitch with death prophet used to happen often before I had installed that mod anyway I noticed those before, but those usually go away if you just look at a creep who's about to die and switch back when the creep is dead. It may also be fixed sometimes if you just switch to courier then switch back to your hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    November 2012
    490 Posts
    bumping thread and posting more bugs with BlueFlyTrap's HD texture mod. It seems that now Luna's mount has a missing texture (purple and black checkers). I know it has to do with the mod because when I remove the files related to her mount, it works normally.
    I have no idea what causes that. It happened every now and then for random heroes. Then it sort of stopped.

If you don't want me to just hand you the files yourself you can always try adding luna's mount to the override files. Replacing the model sometimes works.

Also, Beastmaster's boar is now the shiny white and purple and blue color of his normal map for some reason instead of being its regular brown and tan color. His bird is fine though.
    My bad. Uploaded a fix here.

And oddly enough, both of those issues have this show up when I open their vtfs.

I'll try re-downloading

I hope you're updating this mod cause it's really neat. Love mods that improve the looks of my games.
    I suggest updating vtfscape to see if that fixes the error you're having.

Also when I update is entirely dependent on what valve releases on the workshop since save for a couple earthspirit specularmaps I got nothing left.

Suddenly model updates.

Well there goes a good chunk of my mod. You had a good run.

31. Post #231
    April 2010
    95 Posts
    Can we get a mod to change back the new model changes this patch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    November 2012
    490 Posts
    Can we get a mod to change back the new model changes this patch?
    Your request is my command.

I'll get right to it.

Actually it's finished already but I don't have time to upload it.
    Also gyro's gloves are broken.

33. Post #233
    November 2012
    490 Posts
    Mod uploaded.

Much like the hd mod (which this is pretty much built from) you will need -override_vpk in the dota2 launch options for it to work.
    Drop the files into \Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota

Gryo's hands are still broken and I'm too lazy to fix them. Recompile them as part of his plane or something because he sure as hell isn't getting any cosmetics any time soon.

Edited:

Shit I think Axe still has a problem

In the event his hair doesn't work try this

Edited:

Damn it that didn't work either.

Alright THIS should work no matter what I do.

Edited:

You forgot the old portraits images/videos!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a..._portraits.rar
    Yeah I didn't have a backup of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    You forgot the old portraits images/videos!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8a..._portraits.rar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #235

November 2013
    4 Posts
    http://dota2.gamebanana.com/skins/130192
    Guys this is a mod for the old ss.Its problems are that the model is too big, he doesnt smile like he used to and some plus symbols appear when he uses ulti, picks up illusion rune and some others that I can't remember.If someone could fix this up that would be great!

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,963 Posts
    Guys this is a mod for the old ss.Its problems are that the model is too big, he doesnt smile like he used to and some plus symbols appear when he uses ulti, picks up illusion rune and some others that I can't remember.If someone could fix this up that would be great!
    He must not smile anymore because he's depressed at how he put that weight back on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    I know what needs to be changed in order to get his smile back, I just don't think it's possible atm. The idle face pose was updated for the new model, so the old model will be using the new models face posing. Currently valve packs all face poses in scenes/scenes.image rather than having the individual scenes/hero_name/hero_name_pose_01.vcd. If someone could get a hold of the scenes.image from when the old model was in place you may be able to extract the old scene file and pack it into the new one. Seems like a pain in the ass though, plus it would get overwritten each time the game updates.

38. Post #238

November 2013
    4 Posts
    I know what needs to be changed in order to get his smile back, I just don't think it's possible atm. The idle face pose was updated for the new model, so the old model will be using the new models face posing. Currently valve packs all face poses in scenes/scenes.image rather than having the individual scenes/hero_name/hero_name_pose_01.vcd. If someone could get a hold of the scenes.image from when the old model was in place you may be able to extract the old scene file and pack it into the new one. Seems like a pain in the ass though, plus it would get overwritten each time the game updates.
    So its basically never going to happen?

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    765 Posts
    So its basically never going to happen?
    Yeah, the smile animation fix doesn't seem worth the hassle. The explosion of X's are caused by missing particle effects and should be easy to fix with using the old particles.

40. Post #240
    November 2013
    106 Posts
    Hey guys does somebody also have the old models for sniper and rikimaru?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)