1. Post #481
    January 2012
    1,527 Posts
    Steam decided to close TF2 in the middle of a lobby and the client "updated" even if there was no update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    service@bigbadtoystore.com
    2:08 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
    Hello,

Your order has shipped!

come to daddy, demo and pyro
    Valve charged my card a few hours ago, but I still haven't got a shipping confirmation :/
    I even opted for faster shipping to avoid waiting 2 weeks like for the sandvich.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #483

February 2012
    1,002 Posts
    Do we know whether Saxton Hale or Link won that recent VS Round 12 Poll Dark Horse put out recently?
    (Hyrule Historia arrived today, itching to read it.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    June 2012
    727 Posts
    Well, I just finished listening to the complete Portal2 4-disk OST, and it got me wondering why we don't have a TF2 OST. Sure, it wouldn't be nearly as large as Portal's music collection, but still, why not a small single disk in the valve store for like $5 or something? Heck, make it $10 and have it come with a code for in-game Mann Co headphones with music note effects like earbuds have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #485
    January 2013
    317 Posts
    Well, I just finished listening to the complete Portal2 4-disk OST, and it got me wondering why we don't have a TF2 OST. Sure, it wouldn't be nearly as large as Portal's music collection, but still, why not a small single disk in the valve store for like $5 or something? Heck, make it $10 and have it come with a code for in-game Mann Co headphones with music note effects like earbuds have.

The Headphones'd likely be the new earbuds cause they'd be more visible.

Then again, They'd be around 10$...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #486

January 2013
    565 Posts
    Alright, dumb idea time.

Been kinda thinking about asking the TF2 team if they could make the most used weapons in Mann Up into Botkillers, admittedly. From what I know, it would be probably Mad Milk, (Because I don't think a Strange Fan of War would be very fun to use), Beggar's Bazooka/Buff Banner, probably Degreaser, Scottish Resistance, Brass Beast, Wrangler/Jag, Kritzkerig, Jarate. Part of me wants to say Sapper or DR for Spy, but I have to admit that I see a fair few other spy weapons used a bit, L'Etrangeur (Pop DR, redisguise, shoot robot to regain cloak.), Big Earner (Cloak regained again.), and Kunai.

Mad Milk/Jarate would probably be the jar replaced with a robot head.

You know, have a more interesting selection of botkillers, apart from just more stock reskins.

Although, granted, that may kind of screw the economy, since I've just advocated making an easy source of S Kritzkerig.

I dunno, it's more just thinking out loud rather then being useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,573 Posts
    Alright, dumb idea time.

Been kinda thinking about asking the TF2 team if they could make the most used weapons in Mann Up into Botkillers, admittedly. From what I know, it would be probably Mad Milk, (Because I don't think a Strange Fan of War would be very fun to use), Beggar's Bazooka/Buff Banner, probably Degreaser, Scottish Resistance, Brass Beast, Wrangler/Jag, Kritzkerig, Jarate. Part of me wants to say Sapper or DR for Spy, but I have to admit that I see a fair few other spy weapons used a bit, L'Etrangeur (Pop DR, redisguise, shoot robot to regain cloak.), Big Earner (Cloak regained again.), and Kunai.

Mad Milk/Jarate would probably be the jar replaced with a robot head.

You know, have a more interesting selection of botkillers, apart from just more stock reskins.

Although, granted, that may kind of screw the economy, since I've just advocated making an easy source of S Kritzkerig.

I dunno, it's more just thinking out loud rather then being useful.
    I would love for them to make a Botkiller Kritzkerig. So common folk can get a strange one a lot easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #488
    June 2012
    513 Posts
    (Because I don't think a Strange Fan of War would be very fun to use),
    What are you talking about, fun had whilst strange levelling is inversely proportional to number of kills you normally get with the weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,209 Posts
    I have no money to order the toys right no, I hope they arrive to the local chilean retails, after all, there's plenty of Gordon Freeman around here, so I'm in no hurry, hopefully the same goes with the TF2 ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

10. Post #490
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,250 Posts
    What are you talking about, fun had whilst strange levelling is inversely proportional to number of kills you normally get with the weapon.
    How many kills have you gotten with a Fan O'War?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #491
    Its works backwards. It counts kills not gotten. Starts at totally normal.

12. Post #492

January 2013
    565 Posts
    True. I dunno, I'm not really a scout main. It would be a tie between Mad Milk and FoW, then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,461 Posts
    I hope future botkillers are more creative and not awfully jiggle-boned chained heads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #494
    I main Captain Falcon
    November 2010
    3,525 Posts
    I hope future botkillers are more creative and not awfully jiggle-boned chained heads
    Yeah, something like this would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 4Winner x 4Agree x 3Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,696 Posts
    Reminder that Steam is expected to go down for maintenance in ~7m

16. Post #496
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,514 Posts
    Source Film Maker got an update, adding several new models that aren't textured, or even in game yet. All the models have been backed up. Here is an interesting one:

a circle of unreleased guns. more screenshots coming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,451 Posts
    Interesting, too bad they're all probably scrapped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    April 2012
    5,354 Posts
    Source Film Maker got an update, adding several new models that aren't textured, or even in game yet. All the models have been backed up. Here is an interesting one:

Everything is chrome in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,514 Posts

spytechcar.mdl
    spytechcargun.mdl

spytechjetpack.mdl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 10Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,790 Posts

What is that on the left?

How am I suppose to look at this?
    upside down? the two on the left and right are really weird.

Edited:

spytechcar.mdl
    spytechcargun.mdl

spytechjetpack.mdl

Looks like props or grobort weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,573 Posts
    Something tells me that it has something to do with the 15 minute long SFM video they are making.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    July 2012
    5,064 Posts

Edited:

Looks like props or grobort weapons.
    That thing on the left looks kinda like a Minigun barrel, perhaps that Goalkeeper thing?

23. Post #503
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,514 Posts

here they are, right side up. they are all one model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #504
    January 2012
    607 Posts
    Something tells me that it has something to do with the 15 minute long SFM video they are making.
    i hope there's a car chase sequence with the car guns where they shoot high powered lasers at each other
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    5,133 Posts

shotgun, minigun, smg, 2 pistols/revolvers, and a rocket launcher..?

26. Post #506
    March 2012
    561 Posts
    What I hate about the botkiller weapons is that most of them have better alternatives for mvm, especially in expert mode where you can't afford to handy-cap your self.

Scattergun is fine.
    Rocket Launcher is okay, but the Beggars Bazooka and Cow Mangler can be really good.
    Flamethrower is completely inferior to the Degreaser
    Stick Launcher is a sidegrade to the Scottish Resistance imo
    Brass Beast is better than the default minigun.
    Wrench is fine.
    Medigun is completely inferior to the Kritzkreig
    Sniper Rifile is outranked by the Heatmaker.
    Knife is fine.

I would definitely use botkillers more if they didn't have better alternatives for mvm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,221 Posts

put the minigun barrels in the far right model. Put them in both ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

28. Post #508
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,696 Posts
    ...aaand down goes Steam for that maintenance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,514 Posts
    put the minigun barrels in the far right model. Put them in both ends.
    can't, its all one model

edit:

found this fucking rad laser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,662 Posts
    fucking hell 35 for a Neca TF2 doll on Amazon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #511
    January 2012
    1,611 Posts
    Looks to me like that one scene from James Bond where he is stripped to a table and a laser is about to cut him in half.

The guns are positioned to point at one thing. Maybe it was for an old idea for Meet the Spy.

Looked like it to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #512
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Apple or spytech guns. calling it.

33. Post #513
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    2,406 Posts

spytechcar.mdl
    spytechcargun.mdl

spytechjetpack.mdl
    Fuck yes!

Hope the 15 minute film covers spytech, love that style of tf2 so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,461 Posts
    That pistol actually looks kinda neat.

35. Post #515
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,514 Posts
    Apple or spytech guns. calling it.
    not just guns!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,926 Posts
    Speculation: Mann Co. stops making weapons and spytech makes some.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #517
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,662 Posts
    not just guns!
    can't, its all one model

edit:

found this fucking rad laser
    kind of getting a Fallout vibe from it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    July 2012
    5,064 Posts
    What I hate about the botkiller weapons is that most of them have better alternatives for mvm, especially in expert mode where you can't afford to handy-cap your self.

Scattergun is fine.
    Rocket Launcher is okay, but the Beggars Bazooka and Cow Mangler can be really good.
    Flamethrower is completely inferior to the Degreaser
    Stick Launcher is a sidegrade to the Scottish Resistance imo
    Brass Beast is better than the default minigun.
    Wrench is fine.
    Medigun is completely inferior to the Kritzkreig
    Sniper Rifile is outranked by the Heatmaker.
    Knife is fine.

I would definitely use botkillers more if they didn't have better alternatives for mvm.
    I'll fight you on this, it is not useless compared to the Degreaser. Switch speed isn't needed that much in MvM and you need all the damage you can get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,573 Posts
    This is what think. It could be three things. 1. We are getting a new map based all around Spytech and new weapons. 2. It's for the 15 minute long SFM video that is in production. 3. All to the left.

It's going to all be part of the Spytech Update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    We should assume this is all going to be part of the 15 minute SFM video, there was that SFM tutorial thing that ended up in the Spy holding a revolver.
    The 15 Minute SFM video may come with an update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)