1. Post #4201
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    2,153 Posts
    also recall that valve scrapped the colored robots because they looked too much like humans
    Because the potato playtesters where confused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #4202
    January 2012
    1,923 Posts
    It seems its banable to use it now. I used it and I got VAC Banned.

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/omfgcata/

I got banned right after I had used it after a few hours. My alts which I had not used it on did not get banned.

I understand that this is bannable and I fully support that Valve did what they thought was unnecessary, all I want to do is warn others to not do the same mistake.
    Really? Crap crap crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

3. Post #4203
    December 2009
    3,072 Posts
    Really? Crap crap crap.
    Hopefully it wasn't the program that did it, but it seems now that it was.

EDIT:

It seems I got banned after launching the game after I had used the program ( was outside on steam and confirmed I had gotten the tux) I looked up on VAC Banned.com and it showed that it scanned my status as VAC Banned as of : 2013-02-16 02:53:37 Which is when I launched the game. I feel stupid for doing it only for a penguin, but I guess that's karma for ya :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

4. Post #4204
    January 2013
    76 Posts

I got banned right after I had used it after a few hours. My alts which I had not used it on did not get banned.

I understand that this is bannable and I fully support that Valve did what they thought was unnecessary, all I want to do is warn others to not do the same mistake.
    I'm guessing you used it in game or something which you know, that's kinda your own fault. Cause I used this and didn't get banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4205
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,221 Posts
    VAC Bans: For when trusting someone with your account is safer than doing it yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #4206
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    3,685 Posts
    And that's what happens when you are too lazy to set up a simple virtual machine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

7. Post #4207
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,224 Posts
    Actually, that's a nice idea; GRN and YLW bots. Personally I'd do that as a separate mod, but meh; it's your project, take whatever direction you want to, man.

Wait *sees post edit*

What green? Still looks BLU to me.
    The hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #4208
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,387 Posts
    I'm guessing you used it in game or something which you know, that's kinda your own fault. Cause I used this and didn't get banned.
    yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events

9. Post #4209

February 2012
    1,002 Posts
    The hat.
    Already sorted this out; GRN hat/mask for Solly and Spy, YLW eyes for (most) of the beta heads. Sorta a nice nod to the ol extra teams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #4210
    January 2013
    76 Posts
    Anyone else unable to connect to steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #4211
    June 2012
    341 Posts
    how long are we talking about wiht these bans?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #4212
    BIT.TRIP Presents: the longest title ever
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    how long are we talking about wiht these bans?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #4213
    June 2012
    341 Posts
    permabans? really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

14. Post #4214

February 2012
    1,002 Posts
    Thank God I didn't use this then. Gonna have to figure out how to install this 64 bit Ubuntu iso. Like I said, I don't know shit about installing/multiple operating systems.

15. Post #4215
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    permabans? really?
    it can be removed, but only if they know you didn't do it and you have proof

16. Post #4216
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts

I think perhaps you shouldn't have cheated instead. VAC doesn't operate outside of games and there have been zero cases of instant bans, they are all delayed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

17. Post #4217
    April 2011
    1,337 Posts
    Wait so they're gonna ban everyone who used it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4218
    December 2009
    3,072 Posts
    I think perhaps you shouldn't have cheated instead. VAC doesn't operate outside of games and there have been zero cases of instant bans, they are all delayed.
    That's very strange, I swear I have never cheated at the game, and I have been playing since 2009. I guess its something running in the background.

EDIT:

I didn't run the game while using this, I simply restarted Steam and ran TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #4219
    January 2013
    76 Posts
    Anyone else who used this been vac-banned then? Because its really unlikely this would happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #4220
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,128 Posts
    only those who were stupid to use it when a game is running
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #4221
    January 2013
    76 Posts
    If anything, they might have a lookout to catch people doing it starting now.

Mio you gotta ruin my auto merge? Not cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4222
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    how did they know

one of us is a traitor (or a valve employee)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #4223
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    only those who were stupid to use it when a game is running
    I'm not sure why people ever think this matters. VAC only operates within the address space of the process it's loaded into, ie: TF2 itself.

It doesn't search your external processes for hacks; it's not punkbuster.

On top of that, you wouldn't gain much by running it with either TF2 or Steam running, as the program will log off your old session, since it acts like a Steam client (think connecting to your account from another computer).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4224
    December 2009
    3,072 Posts
    how did they know

one of us is a traitor (or a valve employee)
    If nobody else gets banned its something I have running maliciously in the background. I hope I am the only one who got banned :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #4225
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,228 Posts
    The new shoes should have socks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #4226
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    The new shoes should have socks
    they already do?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #4227
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,415 Posts
    Thank God I didn't use this then. Gonna have to figure out how to install this 64 bit Ubuntu iso. Like I said, I don't know shit about installing/multiple operating systems.
    FOR THE LOVE OF ETRO DON'T USE 64 BIT!!!!

EDIT: It's not dumb Hng you tard, using 64 bit Ubuntu is more of a nightmare then 32bit, and can go wrong far easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4228
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,549 Posts
    If you're too lazy to install Linux and you're comfortable with giving a stranger your account details, feel free to PM me. I'll be online for the next hour or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #4229
    GOLD MEMBER
    July 2012
    1,321 Posts
    I too can help. Now.

Add me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #4230
    December 2010
    972 Posts
    I'm not vac banned on any of the accounts I used the tool on. I used the original one that name changed on one of my idles, and my edited one on another. No vac bans. Proof:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dustytrombone
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrbw

You guys didn't seriously use the tool with Steam or TF2 already running, did you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #4231

February 2012
    1,002 Posts
    FOR THE LOVE OF ETRO DON'T USE 64 BIT!!!!

EDIT: It's not dumb Hng you tard, using 64 bit Ubuntu is more of a nightmare then 32bit, and can go wrong far easier.
    Why would install 32-bit Linux on a 64-bit laptop?

32. Post #4232
    Flamboyant Homosexual
    September 2011
    1,415 Posts
    Why would install 32-bit Linux on a 64-bit laptop?
    Linux IS NOT windows. It doesn't matter if the damn PC is 64 bit or 32 bit, or how much RAM you're running. I used 64 bit on my 64 bit PC and that only ended in a massacre of data. You can use it if you want, but I'm suggesting if you're ONLY installing it for TF2/Butt Buddy and you've never dabled in Linux to just stick to 32 bit as it's less of a pain to setup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #4233
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,119 Posts
    For an opposing viewpoint, I have had 0 complications with the 64 bit version of ubuntu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #4234
    September 2012
    153 Posts
    I knew BIT.TRIP back in 2009. I feel really indie for that.

but i'm not

still, good memories with that series. c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4235
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts

well fuck. looks like im losing my account then

though im not banned and i didnt use a program while running tf2. so i have my fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

36. Post #4236
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,461 Posts
    Why exactly are people worrying about using SAM? Also, is there something new to unlock with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #4237
    WHy do I feel they're going to have a cheaters lamenent item for anyone who didn't use that program?

This is to promote linux guys. The least you could do is try.

Edited:

Why exactly are people worrying about using SAM? Also, is there something new to unlock with it?
    They arn't. Some guy got banned for using a program that runs tf2 in linux or something. Not a virtaul machine a thing that makes steam think its on linux.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #4238
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,128 Posts
    I regained my very first hat today, a Vintage Tyrant's Helm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #4239
    December 2010
    972 Posts
    VAC bans aren't instant. They take weeks to come into effect. So, we won't know if the program is bannable for at least a week or more. He had to have gotten banned from something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #4240
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    VAC bans aren't instant. They take weeks to come into effect. So, we won't know if the program is bannable for at least a week or more. He had to have gotten banned from something else.
    this is what I was going to say. It's delayed by weeks/months. It's never instant, so you must have done something else long before using SAM