1. Post #1441
    January 2012
    468 Posts
    Probably just playground talk, but I've been hearing around that the box is gonna have a handful of items in it, and a chance to unbox one of them at random. Longfall Mantreads, Lemon Launcher Scorch Shot, etc. Is there any weight to these rumors?

I hear there's also a Mew under the box.
    I've heard no such things which leads me to believe it's false.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #1442
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    12,435 Posts
    I want Valve to announce on Valentine's day just HOW much rings were sold for the past year and how much money did that get Gabe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #1443
    ask me about my fetish fetish

April 2012
    119 Posts
    Which means Scout would follow. And then Sniper and Spy, Soldier and Demo, with Engineer ending the line, correct?
    Exactly what I thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1444
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,895 Posts
    ugh karma

you know that little nub on the Pyro toy we all made fun of? Just noticed my doesn't even have it, it ripped off during shipping somehow, and now there's just a little white piece of ripped plastic there...

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #1445
    April 2012
    1,210 Posts
    Here's something i've been thinking for a bit now

The medic update = Uber Update

The pyro update = Pyromania

Uber was released in 2011, pyromania 2012

This could mean we will get "remakes" of the class updates each year, the heavy being the next

This is just something to think about

They were also the last two classes without a "Meet The" video, which were what those updates were themed around.

6. Post #1446
    January 2012
    468 Posts
    ugh karma

you know that little nub on the Pyro toy we all made fun of? Just noticed my doesn't even have it, it ripped off during shipping somehow, and now there's just a little white piece of ripped plastic there...

It was custom made just for you ned, you'd think you'd be grateful.

7. Post #1447
    Morris dancer/Sex champion
    May 2011
    3,905 Posts
    ugh karma

They tried to make an owl on there just for you, but well, it turned out about as well as the demomans face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #1448
    wtc
    October 2012
    208 Posts
    Valve requested that your toy be broken on the grounds that.. "He makes us do work."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #1449

May 2011
    959 Posts
    You should install Linux...

aka :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1450
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    Remember when they gave us Earbuds for playing TF2 on a Mac? I hope you like reviving those moments.

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1451
    wtc
    October 2012
    208 Posts
    Remember when they gave us Earbuds for playing TF2 on a Mac? I hope you like reviving those moments.
    If that happened today it would basically be turned into the Robot Chicken hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #1452
    July 2012
    4,927 Posts
    Except then people will go "It's the new buds!" And everyone will get them making them near worthless.

Just like the Robot Chicken Hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #1453
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    Hm, yeah. You might be right. But installing Ubuntu isn't as easy as subscribing to a newsletter, so it will be slightly different.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #1454
    January 2012
    1,468 Posts
    ugh karma

what nub? (pics)

15. Post #1455
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,221 Posts
    Hm, yeah. You might be right. But installing Ubuntu isn't as easy as subscribing to a newsletter, so it will be slightly different.

Still easier then getting a mac, through
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1456
    April 2011
    3,583 Posts
    so many people would probably be unable to even install ubuntu or linux
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #1457
    May 2008
    4,693 Posts
    Hm, the new CSS update added positional mumble support. Is this (officially) in TF2 already?

Oh, according to the mumble site it does, I knew it sounded familiar!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #1458
    January 2010
    762 Posts
    so many people would probably be unable to even install ubuntu or linux
    It's not really that hard. A six year old could do it. I know, that's when I first did it; and now with the internet for guides? Anyone could.

what nub? (pics)
    I think he means the yellow bit on the end of the tank here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1459
    April 2011
    3,583 Posts
    yeah

and most people in the tf2 community have the mental capacity of a 5 year old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1460
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,414 Posts

You're right it's as easy as downloading an Installer and installing it
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...dows-installer

21. Post #1461
    Morris dancer/Sex champion
    May 2011
    3,905 Posts
    You're right it's as easy as downloading an Installer and installing it
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...dows-installer
    And then wondering why you can get nothing to work, swearing, deleting the partition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1462
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,125 Posts
    Dunno if it was posted yet but if it wasn't, here it is.

gibe clock pls if late (yes, I saw the post mentioning it but not an image of it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 19Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #1463
    November 2010
    2,233 Posts
    Dunno if it was posted yet but if it wasn't, here it is.

gibe clock pls if late (yes, I saw the post mentioning it but not an image of it)
    Well since we have a Tux item already, It's probably like the duck you got from Hitman Absolution.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1464
    January 2010
    762 Posts
    We already have the Tuxxy which is similar to what I had hoped we would get eventually.
    Watch it be a penguin badge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1465
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,695 Posts
    god damn it

nothing against linux

but the fucking mascot is stupid looking as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1466
    December 2010
    16,895 Posts
    it's probably some dumb badge that will be craftable after the promo

it'll be worthless, but people will flock to it thinking it'll be the next earbuds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #1467
    August 2012
    591 Posts
    well i'll install tf2 on linux for jokes and get that retarded penguin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1468
    May 2008
    4,693 Posts
    Time to install vmware.

Unless there is a better alternative or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1469
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,029 Posts
    This is now the "whats the best operating system emulator" thread

30. Post #1470
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,695 Posts
    Time to install vmware.

Unless there is a better alternative or something.
    Topologilinux.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

31. Post #1471
    June 2010
    4,345 Posts
    i remember to get buds i just gave alt account info to a friend with a mac, then changed passwords and traded it to my actual account. a lot of people did this, and will probably do it again for linux.

32. Post #1472
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Topologilinux.com
    why did i read that as "tengen toppa linux"
    it doesnt even look like that, i'd have to try to read it like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1473
    June 2012
    341 Posts
    would it work if i installed ubuntu on vbox??? and what about tf2? download it all over again??? and finally....would this be worth it? lol

also saw that it says playing on linux while the promo is on , was this the same on mac? (like if people played any time while the thing was on they got earbuds) or was it "have tf2 installed in mac by this day and u get earbuds"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

34. Post #1474
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    Sucks to think this promo will likely suck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #1475
    December 2010
    16,895 Posts
    maybe it'll be an inflatable Tux floating behind the player

that'd be kind of cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1476
    August 2012
    591 Posts
    maybe it'll be an inflatable Tux floating behind the player

that'd be kind of cool
    yeah than it might be worth something like 2 ref or more but it probably look really derpy :v

37. Post #1477
    June 2012
    341 Posts
    i have the feeling most people say it will suck or "man its gonna be lame" but still they will go and install linux and tf2

so not what i'm gonna do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1478
    October 2010
    1,679 Posts
    Well, wasn't really sure if we were actually supposed to leak the Tux info like that, so yeah.

Anyway, installing Ubuntu is pretty easy, they'll encourage you to do so. However you'll have to download the whole game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1479
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,945 Posts
    I wouldn't mind a Tux penguin resting on the character's shoulder like Archimedes and Sir Hootsalot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #1480
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    It should be a costume set that makes Heavy look like Ri hard Stallmen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)