1. Post #1
    [H2]Drivers Heaven[/H2]
    This is Drivers Heaven. A map that took me about a year to finish after a million problems with different things. It has been built with feedback from my fans and is one of the largest maps ever made for Garry's Mod.

And also a video with some dubstep!

A list of things you can find in this map:
    Outland/forest
    Warehouse
    Garages
    Rain
    Snow
    Highway
    Racetrack
    Working crane
    High quality reflections
    HDR
    Dynamic sky (and fully customizable)
    And many more things...

There are 3 easter eggs hidden in the map. Find them and an extra set of vehicles will be released. When you find them, take a screenshot and post a link to it here or on the workshop release thread. The pack will be released when I have seen a picture of all 3 easter eggs in the game. And try not to cheat!

Don't have ep2 or ep1? Download this This is a pack of the required content (credits to Valve)

Download here

Anyways, I hope you enjoy. Come and play on the official TDMCars server here!

There are a few bugs but most of you won't see them. Also, this is my first map ever.

And by request...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Mapping King x 13Artistic x 5Winner x 4Optimistic x 2Dumb x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    Just to be sure, but are those easter eggs "obvious"?
    I mean something as obvious, as a pottery in the middle of nowhere?
    Not that they fit so well into the map and we won't notice them. :D

EDIT: Incase it's not just on my end, i encountered a "flaw".
    There are walls missing in a tunnel near the spawn point.
    When going through the tunnel with the fans at the top and taking the right turn into the next one which goes "downstairs", you'll see (atleast in my case) no walls on either side.

3. Post #3
    I Got That Swollen Hand Blues
    March 2009
    2,488 Posts
    I'm not going to lie, but the whole cliffs for boundaries is overused and looks really bad. You also have random lights that have no sources riddled throughout the map, which is a little bit disappointing. For a years work, I feel like you could have paid more attention to the quality of the map's visuals. The overall layout of the map isn't bad, but it feels too organized. (May only be me who feels this way.)

Hopefully you can make some changes to the map, because the state it's at now feels unfinished and a little bit sloppy.

(There's also some really bad displacements throughout the map, ruins the feeling of the map.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #4

October 2011
    3 Posts
    I think I may have found one of the easter eggs.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    I'm not going to lie, but the whole cliffs for boundaries is overused and looks really bad. You also have random lights that have no sources riddled throughout the map, which is a little bit disappointing. For a years work, I feel like you could have paid more attention to the quality of the map's visuals. The overall layout of the map isn't bad, but it feels too organized. (May only be me who feels this way.)

Hopefully you can make some changes to the map, because the state it's at now feels unfinished and a little bit sloppy.

(There's also some really bad displacements throughout the map, ruins the feeling of the map.)
    I haven't exactly been working on it every day for a year. The whole idea of the overused cliffs is to hide as much as possible and keep the frame rate up.

Unfinished? I agree
    Sloppy? At some places yeah

Lights without sources? I'm pretty sure I didn't do those.

After I added the rain area, I had to decrease the overall quality a lot or else it wouldn't compile.

A year ago when I started, I didn't have any idea that it would end up like this. If I had a concept and something to go from, it would have been much better. I kind of just did what hit me. That's the reason why it's so organized. All I had was the spawn and nothing else.

I will definitely remember what you said if I ever do a map again.

EDIT: pspmanridge Yep you found the first easter egg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

October 2011
    3 Posts
    I think I found another one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I think I found another one.

I was expecting it to take a few days to find them all but it looks like it's only going to take a few minutes :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8

October 2011
    3 Posts
    This third one is a HELL of a lot harder to find.

Edited:

And I found it. This one was very well hidden.

9. Post #9
    August 2012
    1,068 Posts
    Should be pretty easy to find them by decompiling the map or entspying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Serbia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

July 2012
    442 Posts
    Found all three. =D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,135 Posts
    Anyone want to post how in spoiler tags for us lazy people?

Edit: Found one at least. Others I can see, but not reach.

Edit2: Also how do you get it to rain?

Edit 3: One to go!

12. Post #12

May 2012
    2 Posts
    Founds them :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,812 Posts
    easter eggs like that should have a trigger inside the walls around that prevents players to find it w/ no clip. As soon as the player touches the trigger > Point_cliencommand > command > Quit. This way the game will quit if you try to cheat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 14Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2012
    2,870 Posts
    Is there much demand for driving maps?

15. Post #15
    August 2012
    1,068 Posts
    easter eggs like that should have a trigger inside the walls around that prevents players to find it w/ no clip. As soon as the player touches the trigger > Point_cliencommand > command > Quit. This way the game will quit if you try to cheat.
    That'd still give the location away (though not necessarily how to get in as well).

16. Post #16
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,812 Posts
    That'd still give the location away (though not necessarily how to get in as well).
    thats why this should be done with most of the up layable space

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,297 Posts
    so when the carpack comes, i should refresh/update the SVN?

18. Post #18

July 2012
    8 Posts
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...B2553B6D6D9D4/ hey TDM I found a glitch with your easter eggs. I used prop driving(hold c+right click on prop-drive and drive into easter egg room). Nothing personal. Also when you upload em? GT-R is pretty awesome

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    3,297 Posts
    found a bug. when i went to the brick garage near the rig stop, the soundscape gets stuck and it doesn't stop
    also when i went to the crane dock, i pressed E on the entrance gate and the game froze

and i can't connect to the server somehow. it "downloads everything" but freezes :|

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,575 Posts
    Never found out how do I get to the mini. Also, how does the crane work?

And yes i found the button.

21. Post #21
    September 2008
    796 Posts
    Never found out how do I get to the mini. Also, how does the crane work?

And yes i found the button.
    shoot the button
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22

January 2013
    34 Posts
    I have found the Nissan GTR, when I try to enter the room where it's hidden, it just teleports me back outside :S

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,575 Posts
    I have found the Nissan GTR, when I try to enter the room where it's hidden, it just teleports me back outside :S
    There's a button near it, hidden.

24. Post #24

January 2013
    34 Posts
    Ah, thanks mate!

25. Post #25

May 2012
    9 Posts
    Hey, its not working in workshop/says on server that i dont have it. Link to BSP please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

January 2013
    34 Posts
    It is on the Workshop, I got it off the Workshop.

27. Post #27
    August 2012
    1,068 Posts
    It doesn't work for me either. I'd appreciate it if someone could upload a BSP and post the link here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2008
    777 Posts
    I found the Beetle & GTR, but I can't find the entrance to the sewers.

Judging by how all the other noclip barriers teleport you somewhere near the entrance I assume it's in the farmland.

Time for the handy entity spotting binocs...

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,575 Posts
    I found the Beetle & GTR, but I can't find the entrance to the sewers.

Judging by how all the other noclip barriers teleport you somewhere near the entrance I assume it's in the farmland.

Time for the handy entity spotting binocs...
    you just need a gun. And it isn't far from the teleport destination.

30. Post #30
    June 2008
    777 Posts
    you just need a gun. And it isn't far from the teleport destination.
    Found it no more than 90 seconds after that post. Furniture is a pretty good giveaway in an empty house; didn't even need the modified CrossCom I use.

Wondering why the sewer has missing textures on the car & one of the light beams, as well as the bug missing textures.

Spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVIHGejAPP4

31. Post #31
    November 2011
    81 Posts
    There should be more easter egg cars added, in different places.

32. Post #32

June 2013
    31 Posts
    question: how do i install the extras pack? i like the map's look, but when i play it, it looks like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,045 Posts
    question: how do i install the extras pack? i like the map's look, but when i play it, it looks like this.
    You don't have CSS mounted

34. Post #34

June 2013
    31 Posts
    You don't have CSS mounted
    dude. the new gmod update made it so all textures and models from css are in gmod without mounting.

and i was talking about how to install the extras pack.

35. Post #35
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,222 Posts
    That has nothing to do with the extra's pack. Start up CS:S

36. Post #36
    Ruined my hopes and dreams!
    The Highway does not go far at all :( It's just a tiny stretch.

The tracks are okay but then I put my train on it and all I could do was go to the crane hopefully without derailing at 2 foot track gradient drops at like 40 degree angles. Plus they go nowhere. Opportunity missed! Also, I crashed at the crane when I tried to open the barriers on the road. GG

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

June 2013
    31 Posts
    That has nothing to do with the extra's pack. Start up CS:S
    Start up? you mean mount. oh, btw, its the map thats fucked. even my friend, who has CS:S and ep1&2 mounted and had the map look like that.

38. Post #38
    June 2013
    116 Posts
    Start up? you mean mount. oh, btw, its the map thats fucked. even my friend, who has CS:S and ep1&2 mounted and had the map look like that.
    If it was the map that was fucked, everybody would have the issue.

You may not have converted your CS:S/ep2 to steampipe yet. Gmod requires those games to be in the steampipe to use them.

39. Post #39
    -snip-
    March 2013
    10,222 Posts
    No, I mean start up Counter-Strike: Source by Valve Software.

40. Post #40

June 2013
    31 Posts
    Just for your information, i don't have cs:s, yet css models/textures are fine for me. I think the problem is that TDM didn't update the extras pack for steampipe.

Edited:

How would starting a game help? Please explain.

Edited:

Btw, im on vacation, and i am writing this on a ipad. Sorry for no "direct" replys.