1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,327 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Do not (c)lick
    Dennab
    March 2012
    1,461 Posts
    Is Far Cry 3 worth buying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 61Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Fucking yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,074 Posts
    It is one of the most intense games I've played this year.

Edited:

So yeah, it's great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,863 Posts
    Extremely entertaining, fun as hell to play, decent enough plot, interesting characters (although some are pretty lame too), and it looks awesome.

It's the first fps to hold my attention in a long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,614 Posts
    I still want the multi-player to just be a single-player Co-op. That'd be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

7. Post #7

September 2007
    398 Posts

8. Post #8
    Do not (c)lick
    Dennab
    March 2012
    1,461 Posts
    Extremely entertaining, fun as hell to play, decent enough plot, interesting characters (although some are pretty lame too), and it looks awesome.

It's the first fps to hold my attention in a long time.

I'm sold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2012
    856 Posts
    yes
    get it

but really get it
    i will stalk you with an eye your steam profile
    until a far cry 3 in your games list shows up

get it
    it's fun

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,351 Posts
    Am I the only one who felt this game was too easy?

I mean, I played it on the max difficulty and it was a total breeze. Hardly ever a challenge, and I even got every skill leveled up by the endgame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,096 Posts

I mean, I played it on the max difficulty and it was a total breeze. Hardly ever a challenge, and I even got every skill leveled up by the endgame.
    I also thought it was too easy. While its still an excellent game it gives you too many good guns to early on, the AI isn't particularly special and at times they were flat out dumb. Stuff like crouching in foot tall grass suddenly makes you invisible broke the suspense of sneaking around and silently picking off enemies. Not to mention even on hardest you are still basically a bullet sponge.

12. Post #12
    December 2008
    12,074 Posts

I still got my ass kicked way to often on Survivor. Then again, I probably should've bought body armor.

Edited:

I'm sold.
    I don't even like dubstep and I cranked up the volume for that mission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

13. Post #13
    Harold Ramis's No. 1 Fan

June 2010
    2,845 Posts

Well yeah when the people in their universe can't seem to understand where all the rocks come from

plus I can just imagine Jason carrying around a giant sack of rocks behind him wherever he goes on Rook Island

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,849 Posts
    Well yeah when the people in their universe can't seem to understand where all the rocks come from

plus I can just imagine Jason carrying around a giant sack of rocks behind him wherever he goes on Rook Island
    More like Rock Island, am I right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,945 Posts

I'm sold.
    Wow, at first, when my friends told me how white the main character of FC3 was, I didn't believe it until I saw that video; dude sounds extremely bro-ish.

Still, I can overlook that and I'll get it the game for my birthday or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,520 Posts

There are a few mods on nexus that try to balance it better

17. Post #17

May 2006
    9,047 Posts
    I still want the multi-player to just be a single-player Co-op. That'd be amazing.
    All I want is free roam. Game worlds like Skyrim, JC2 and FC3 are begging for co-op free roam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    There are a few mods on nexus that try to balance it better
    I didn't even know a far cry nexus existed.
    Upon inspection it seems to be the only nexus not flooded with a bazillion nude mods.

19. Post #19
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    16,444 Posts
    Its a great game, I just felt it had little replay value, outside of MP and co-op, which are boring to begin with. I know a lot of people who disagree, but that's my two cents.

Definitely worth getting regardless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    not really. it's generic and a gimmicky FPS game you have played a thousand times before with some "edgy" story to it.

not to mention gta V and HL3 that are knocking on the door, there's absolutely no need to spend money on bullshit like far cry3, black ops 3, borderlands 2 or what have you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,157 Posts
    not really. it's generic and a gimmicky FPS game you have played a thousand times before with some "edgy" story to it.

not to mention gta V and HL3 that are knocking on the door, there's absolutely no need to spend money on bullshit like far cry3, black ops 3, borderlands 2 or what have you.
    do not listen to this man

lumping far cry 3 and borderlands 2 in the same basket as black ops II
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    uhh point being you shouldn't really buy it because it's bullshit

Edited:

far cry 3 is bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,357 Posts

DotA 2 isn't even like FarCry 3 at all. At least suggest a game that's in the same genre of FarCry 3.

GTA V, I agree, looks good, but to call FarCry 3 bullshit? Nah, it's really good.

And last I checked, Half Life 3 ain't even at the door yet, so I'm not sure why you'd save your money for that...

Edited:

oh I see you changed your post to be more logical. oh wait, it's not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,157 Posts

Edited:

far cry 3 is bullshit
    do not listen to this man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #25

May 2006
    9,047 Posts

Edited:

far cry 3 is bullshit
    You didn't like it, fair enough.

I think the singleplayer is pretty fun, especially the gimmicks like the wing suit, as well as watching a croc or tiger take out a bison or person is always entertaining. The co-op was terribly boring in my opinion, the first mission we tried was basically "GO A TO B, SHOOT ANYTHING RED". Not very engaging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,357 Posts

Edited:

far cry 3 is bullshit
    Kid you don't even own Far Cry 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts

Edited:

far cry 3 is bullshit
    Nice job of explaining why it's simply bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts

Oh heeeeeellllll naw

29. Post #29
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,423 Posts
    Didn't you have the tribal knife at the end of the single player game? What the heck does it do anyway?

30. Post #30
    Im Dallas Powers
    June 2010
    1,732 Posts
    I didn't even know a far cry nexus existed.
    Upon inspection it seems to be the only nexus not flooded with a bazillion nude mods.
    # Dark Souls Nexus
    # Dragon Age Nexus
    # Dungeon Defenders Nexus
    # Fallen Enchantress Nexus
    # Fallout 3 Nexus
    # Legend of Grimrock Nexus
    # Morrowind Nexus
    # Mount & Blade Nexus
    # Neverwinter Nexus
    # New Vegas Nexus
    # Oblivion Nexus
    # Skyrim Nexus
    # The Witcher Nexus
    # War for the Overworld Nexus
    # World of Tanks Nexus
    # XCOM Nexus

These are all the nexus's

31. Post #31
    December 2008
    12,074 Posts

Hah! Like that's ever gonna happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    never say never.

but as for some quick reasoning why FC3 sucks.

For example the bandage animation; it is the same animation all over again starting from the very first time you ever used the bandaging.
    It doesn't even matter where you got shot, you will just quickly wrap a bandaid around your arm like the thousand times before. Woop! Same goes for extinguishing fire from yourself.

Also, where do I start with the "ohh, the player so scared, not used to shooting weapons" when after the first 15 minutes of play you get an AK and kill lots of people, despite the player being "newbie". Immersion break, much?

Also skinning animals and you hear the same "Ugghh disgusting!" over and over again until you reach the scripted point where you are no longer "disgusted!" by it, but I never got that far anyway.

Edited:

Not to mention bones breaking, there is probably a one or maybe even a whopping two different animations for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,157 Posts

I'm sure the developers would enjoy making one different animation for every time you pressed that heal button. 3GBs of healing animations, just for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,619 Posts
    -stupid-
    You took those straight from Total Biscuit's review.

You don't even have the game, lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,649 Posts
    never say never.

For example the bandage animation; it is the same animation all over again starting from the very first time you ever used the bandaging.
    It doesn't even matter where you got shot, you will just quickly wrap a bandaid around your arm like the thousand times before. Woop! Same goes for extinguishing fire from yourself.

Also, where do I start with the "ohh, the player so scared, not used to shooting weapons" when after the first 15 minutes of play you get an AK and kill lots of people, despite the player being "newbie". Immersion break, much?

Also skinning animals and you hear the same "Ugghh disgusting!" over and over again until you reach the scripted point where you are no longer "disgusted!" by it, but I never got that far anyway.

Edited:

Not to mention bones breaking, there is probably a one or maybe even a whopping two different animations for that.
    None of those are gameplay related. All of those are minor continuity errors that cannot be changed unless they force things upon you.

Some people complain about amnesia where it forces effects on your player when you are "scared" with the argument that "if you are scared, you will act scared."
    So unless they force crazy inaccuracy which EVERYONE would hate, there is no way to enforce the "never fired a gun rich kid" character.

So lack of a bazillion animations for every single instance and minor continuity errors that don't majorly effect gameplay or story make the game suck?

Now thats bullshit.

36. Post #36
    December 2008
    12,074 Posts
    lame reasoning
    It is specifically mentioned in the game that the player character was already adept with firearms before the events of the game, which still supports the player's reasoning that he "never shot anyone before."

Also, the "Ugghh disgusting" argument is pretty moot as well, because in RDR, a game praised by damn near everybody, Marston will comment on how disgusting it is to gut animals and how dead folks won't need their cash anymore.

And even with the healing animations, you only see them if you don't have any syringes, which pretty much means you're screwed in most situations.

And that's all technical/presentation, having very little to do with the actual gameplay, which does not suck.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,351 Posts
    never say never.

Edited:

Protip, if you want to criticize the game you should bring up some of its key problems. Like the gameplay that gets old quick, the absence of challenge even on the highest difficulty, the plot holes and dropped plot elements that are never brought back up again, the wasted potential with many characters, and the laughably shoehorned "moral choice" ending that leaves an abruptly bad taste in your mouth.

38. Post #38
    June 2008
    875 Posts
    Well if you have already finished the game this pack is useless. The game is awesome when it last, but lacks absolute everything after you are done.

39. Post #39
    I'M A MASSIVE FAGGOT AND LOVE COCKS
    June 2007
    4,991 Posts

mods you know what to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,977 Posts

It's only easy because you're doing it wrong.
    The only real way to play this game is using only the Skorpion, Revolver, Flare Gun and the first shotgun whose name I forgot, no syringes, no silencers, no vehicles or turrets, no wingsuit and no sneaky snake.
    [h2]FINAL DESTINATION.[/h2]