1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,989 Posts
    Last time that I know of that an M1 Carbine was used in a murder was in the late 1990's when a cop pulled over a mentally unstable Vietnam Veteran, the man killed the cop. Now, how many of these rifles have been produced and are in the hands of civilians? I honestly can't think of any recent crimes involving a Thompson. Whether or not a weapon has killed someone in the past is absolutely irrelevant.
    Fuck i saw that dashcam footage and know exactly what you're talking about x_x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #162
    November 2008
    2,467 Posts
    Fuck i saw that dashcam footage and know exactly what you're talking about x_x
    Yeah, he overkilled him and was prancing around like a deranged fuck, while the cop is crying out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    471 Posts
    Just fired off an email to my congressman about this, hopefully he can take the time to respond.

4. Post #164
    TRA
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    389 Posts
    Why can't politicians do something that will actually make a difference rather than just circlejerking around the issue trying to make themselves feel better about all these scary looking "assault weapons".

Seriously half a fucking moron can look up statistics and see what guns make up the majority of crime, and it takes 2 seconds to look at all the recent mass shootings and see that all these people were mentally unstable.

Guns don't magically turn their owner into some crazed gunman. Want to make a difference? Have better mental health screening, increase penalties for irresponsible gun owners. These obviously aren't the only issues that need to be addressed, but it's a better direction than what the government is taking right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #165
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,466 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but for whoever was asking about the .22LR, it doesnt qualify.

(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    6,554 Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but for whoever was asking about the .22LR, it doesnt qualify.
    It qualifies. It's just saying that if you have a 22lr gun, you can have a fold-able stock.

It's saying that the listing before that, which gave the definition for what the assault weapons are. Since a lot of .22's have compact versions.