So I PM'd daijitsu and asked about the possibility of a critique thread. This is because in the Creative Music in Progress thread, people have asked for critique only to get none. I've been on both sides of the spectrum, but I and others have tried to provide critique in a way that isn't exactly required nor part of the norm, and there's a good amount of people who don't want a requirement in that thread. daijitsu told me to get it a shot, so without further adieu:
RULES FOR POSTING:
1. All new posts containing your own work must have one critique.
The only exception for this is if the other posts have music from a genre you wouldn't be able to comfortably critique, which is totally fine. Just post that you wouldn't be qualified.
On the flipside, if you're doing EDM you should critique others' EDM.
2. Critique constructively.
There is a fine line between "constructive" and "reported for flaming".
3. Take this thread seriously.
If you aren't willing to critique others with honest effort then you should stay away from this thread. This is for the improvement of the Musicians' Corner community, and posters need to contribute.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR POSTING:
- You should give people an idea of what to critique when posting your own work.
- You should utilize the [media] and [video] tags if you're linking to SoundCloud or YouTube, respectively.
- You should critique others to the fullest of your abilities. (Note that it doesn't necessarily have to be based on what they're asking for.)
I'll let someone post the first work.