1. Post #1
    April 2008
    36 Posts

https://forum.encyclopediadramatica....s.11767/page-4

I'm actually not sure what to think of this. I mean on one hand, fuck the NRA. But on the other, is this really the way to respond to them? IDK. It is kinda fun, if only for a few minutes. Though I'm not as sure about his future plans. What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 30Dumb Dumb x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,504 Posts
    reminds me of some other flash game where you shot rednecks or something... was really political

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    What bothers me most is that the main game is going to be about reenacting the Sandy Hook massacre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,934 Posts
    Oh yeah this'll go far to disprove people that video games make people violent right? I mean there's no way that anyone could go "Hmm these people made a game where you murder NRA members well maybe there actually is something to people saying games make you violent" right??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Seems kind of hypocritical. I assume this game is supposed to be against firearms activist, so you kill them with firearms? Reminds me of that one game some guy (or group?) made after that one woman started a kickstarter to find sexism in games or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2008
    36 Posts
    I think it's trying to be hypocritical, like a kind of meta-joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    So I tried it, it's a very limited demo; I wouldn't bother downloading.
    I first noticed it's on the torque engine; I remember playing oldskool blockland on the same engine.
    The track ''Nice Shot'' from filter is playing on the background of the menu screen wich is a very nice think I guess.
    So I loaded up the actual game but the demo level was very limited, it uses the same map of the aurora shooting game (The creator has made multiple games about international dramas to seek controversy ), placing you on a balcony with a sniper overlooking a speech by NRA members. You only have 3 static NRA members to shoot so it only has like 15 seconds of actual gameplay. The only redeeming feature right now seems to be the gore system wich has you blowing away someone's entire forehead or abdomen leaving one bloody mess behind.

8. Post #8
    April 2008
    36 Posts
    Yeah, I would level the same criticisms. It is a different map from the Aurora game though. If you turn the brightness up for instance, you can actually see the pointy-hooded silhouettes of what I assume are klansmen making up a crappy 2D audience.

9. Post #9
    September 2009
    3,713 Posts
    killing hundreds in a gritty realistic war game with hyper detailed gore; fine
    killing a couple of people in suits on a stage with shitty graphics; WHAO MORAL ISSUE I'M NOT SURE HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,062 Posts
    You know what they say, one man is a tragedy - a thousand is a statistic.

And this also happens to be involving significant men, rather than aisoldierderps.

11. Post #11
    February 2010
    5,305 Posts
    This is stupid. [sarcasm]Totally sends out a positive impression of gamers.[/sarcasm]

12. Post #12
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,826 Posts
    Oh yeah this'll go far to disprove people that video games make people violent right? I mean there's no way that anyone could go "Hmm these people made a game where you murder NRA members well maybe there actually is something to people saying games make you violent" right??
    like shiznit said, that's the entire point of this. The political statement will put the NRA in a tight spot if this hits the media, they can't argue against it because it's everything they stand for. They'll either be made out to be total hypocrites if they fight it, or complete lunatics if they stand by its side.

Alternatively (like mentioned by a few others) they may end up fighting it on the grounds of "OH MY GAWD VIDEO GAMES ARE CORRUPTING OUR YOUTH" but then it still comes full circle to what the media constantly claims- that kids will turn violent and act out these ~terror simulators~, and this makes the NRA out to be the potential targets of real world violence by association, placing them directly in the line of fire for the question of whether or not they think again

I think the great thing is that this triggers the dumb switch on current republican politics- "it doesn't matter until it affects me". I think the best example as of late was Chris Christie before and after the storm. His interview with Jon Stewart explains it pretty bluntly

“It always seems to me that for the Republican Party, if it’s not something they personally need, it’s an entitlement of the 47% that are sucking things out of the government,” Stewart argued, “but when they need it … there’s all the reasons in the world why it should be there to the tune of $30 billion.”
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2008
    36 Posts
    Shit just exploded:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...l-horrify-you/

Am I the only one who finds the comments far more amusing than the content of the article?

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,254 Posts
    killing a couple of people in suits on a stage with shitty graphics; WHAO MORAL ISSUE I'M NOT SURE HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS.
    Probably because it has a political vibe to it. You know games are games, but this seems like some kind of protest against recent political events, and something like that is just kind of out of place.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    15,299 Posts
    Shit just exploded:

Am I the only one who finds the comments far more amusing than the content of the article?
    Christ those comments make my head hurt.

16. Post #16
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,826 Posts
    Shit just exploded:

I know right

it looks like it's on the PS1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,344 Posts
    Needs more polygons and textures, what generation are we in? The Windows 95 generation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,738 Posts
    It's all stock models as far as I know

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,061 Posts
    Shit just exploded:

TALLTALKTEXAN posted:
    I wonder how long a shoot Obama game would last?
    LEARY1 posted:
    wonder how fast it would sell out??
    PROGRESSIVESLAYER posted:
    I wonder when Gizmos name and address will be published so he/she can be thoroughly shamed?
    Advocating murder is something progressives tend to do a lot,something to do with being indoctrinated into that sick twisted ideology that makes them psychopaths.
    Frederick_Douglass_Republic posted:
    Nothing will come of it. The lib nazi’s can call for murder of those they disagree with and they won’t be held accountable. It’s been this way a long time. They seem to want a war but I hope and pray it doesn’t come to that. If they get a war they will wish they hadn’t.
    coyote1hell posted:
    Typical Libs…nothing changes…they are all brain dead, without a gun…
    kaydeebeau posted:
    So did Daddy dearest – unplug his little darling’s computer and hand him a book instead? How about locking down his computer, stop funding his video habit; take the door off his room? How does the little darling get access to anything without daddy’s consent or at least implied consent? Does the 14 yr old have a job, pay rent?

How is it that the children seem to be in charge in most homes these days?

there is this amazing word that needs to be reintroduced to the flock of little darlings – NO!!!
    barber2 posted:
    This is typical of our Obama KKK Democrat Assassination Squad. Usually they just operate through the MSM , but guess they have now formed a video game Out-Reach Program. These people are despicable beyond words. Watching the Obama people degrade America is like living through a nightmare when you can not seem to wake up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    in war it's killing, in an auditorium it's murder. I know how I feel about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    I paid $1 and all got was an STD
    October 2007
    1,775 Posts
    reminds me of some other flash game where you shot rednecks or something... was really political
    I also instantly thought of postal.

22. Post #22
    Piss in my face I'll piss in your mouth
    April 2011
    507 Posts
    Wouldn't be surprised if this game is featured on Origin.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,724 Posts
    It's like, GTA 3 quality at best.

24. Post #24
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,648 Posts
    The people in the comments are insane, holy fuck!

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,917 Posts
    This is typical of our Obama KKK Democrat Assassination Squad.
    This sounds so much like a SCP Foundation task force. "Mobile Task Force Delta-7, AKA Obama's KKK Democrat Assassin Squad."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,715 Posts
    guy in OP's picture needs to replace his charger and or battery in his laptop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2009
    2,522 Posts
    Hahahahahhaah

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,738 Posts
    Oh god, this is escalating rather quickly

29. Post #29
    April 2011
    4,663 Posts
    jesus christ such a stupid game and causing such a ruckus

Edited:

Whelp; time to make a source mod where you shoot Brady campaigners
    brb

30. Post #30
    December 2010
    6,361 Posts
    This is fucking hilarious

31. Post #31
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,672 Posts
    Looks like one Facepuncher with a right-wing dad got caught with this game: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...ad-of-the-nra/

Edited:

I guess Facepunch is now an enemy of the conservative media.

Edited:

Oh, and hello conservatives arriving here from the aforementioned article!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,503 Posts
    Looks like one Facepuncher with a right-wing dad got caught with this game: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...ad-of-the-nra/

Edited:

I guess Facepunch is now an enemy of the conservative media.
    Oh shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,648 Posts
    Hi Mom!

34. Post #34
    March 2009
    2,522 Posts
    'sup conservatives. I think you right wing folks are silly.

And by that I mean pants-on-head retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    April 2011
    4,663 Posts
    'sup conservatives. I think you right wing folks are silly.

And by that I mean pants-on-head retarded.

The feeling is mutual
    You're forgetting that over half of FP, while liberal, oppose gun control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,277 Posts

He quoted some of the posts in this thread, They're among us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,020 Posts
    i will be utilizing this tool to plan my upcoming assault on the generic NRA head.

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    4,663 Posts
    i will be utilizing this tool to plan my upcoming assault on the generic NRA head.
    With a brick for a brain that comes as no surprise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,020 Posts
    it is my god given right to be able to use firearms to shoot things until they are but a bloody pulp mixed with some dirt, sweat, and the tears of liberals.

however, no one has the right to target a set of polygons with a few textures on them and click a mouse on top of them. that is simply a horrific act.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2011
    4,663 Posts
    it is my god given right to be able to use firearms to shoot things until they are but a bloody pulp mixed with some dirt, sweat, and the tears of liberals.

however, no one has the right to target a set of polygons with a few textures on them and click a mouse on top of them. that is simply a horrific act.
    Im not saying you cant play the stupid game
    But what do you mean by "Generic NRA head"