1. Post #41
    November 2011
    10,553 Posts
    Had a shot at fixing the 3D image

Not great but I got the bulk of it out, works great as a cross eye 3D picture
    OMG!!!! They had 3D cameras back then???

Edited:

Here's an album of the rest of the photos from this Russian collection.
    http://imgur.com/a/cxMZT#1

I love the surreal feeling you get from looking at these knowing they are over 100 years old.
    I thought the world was black and white 100 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    8,387 Posts
    Yep. 'Tank' was a term coined to make it a lower priority target for German spies to snatch blueprints and whatnot from. "Hah, a mobile water container? Who needs that, I'll steal flamethrower designs instead"

3. Post #43
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    8,075 Posts
    OMG!!!! They had 3D cameras back then???
    You don't need a 3D camera to take a 3D photo, just take one photo with your camera on a tripod, move it a bit to the side, then take another one

Or use a special lens to split the image into two offset shots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    I smell a troll

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,828 Posts
    Why rate me dumb. Thats basicly what i learned in school, no tanks, no cars, no big machinery.

wow...
    Which education system did you go through ,exactly?

They had tanks

They had cars

and they most definitely had planes

6. Post #46
    August 2010
    1,196 Posts
    These are eerie as fuck, especially the last one....
    Why has this got so many dumbs... they are definitely eerie...

"NO THEY ARENT YOU DUMBFUCK"

woah ok then facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    14,696 Posts
    The "finally a chance to show my superior knowledge" posts in here are hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #48
    I fought the bet and the bet won.
    October 2012
    8,196 Posts
    Waaaait... They had airplanes in WW1? I thought they were "invented" right before WW2?!
    Wow you're stupid.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,233 Posts
    It's weird, but that first photo is really weird to me. Normally when you picture world war 1, you see muddy fields in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, but you never really picture ruins. Of course, I did know houses existed back then.

And speaking of which:

Waaaait... They had airplanes in WW1? I thought they were "invented" right before WW2?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,122 Posts
    It's weird, but that first photo is really weird to me. Normally when you picture world war 1, you see muddy fields in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, but you never really picture ruins. Of course, I did know houses existed back then.
    Europe is a small place, and even in 1914 France and Belgium were extremely well developed, highly populated countries. There really wasn't a "field in the middle of nowhere", if you look at trench maps the front is nearly always overlaid by railroads, canals, small hamlets, etc and most sectors had a number of villages in the rear echelons.

Given the mass amounts of ordnance deployed on the western front ruined settlements were a given.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,496 Posts
    I think that I'll believe my history teacher, one of the most intelligent people I know, over you, unless I can find evidence supporting your point.
    Your mindset is ridiculous.

Here's proof that supports my less intelligent point:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank#Etymology

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,254 Posts
    Old photos are cool as fuck. Am I the only one really, really excited at the fact that these are new never before seen pictures? Something about that is just so cool, still finding undiscovered shit from 100 years ago.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    28,832 Posts
    Why rate me dumb. Thats basicly what i learned in school, no tanks, no cars, no big machinery.

wow...
    Learn a few more things besides what you learn in school.