1. Post #1
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    Helk's Avatar
    August 2005
    566 Posts
    Hey Guys, this is just a stand-in topic before we get any kind of how-to manual put up.

    A few things people should know about :


    Cold
    At night it gets cold, stay warm by either making a campfire, or putting on some clothes

    Radiation
    If your rad level goes above 500 you will have radiation poisoning, you will be unable to heal and will take damage until all the rads are metabolised

    Food
    Your food level decreases based on how much you move around and if your body is healing itself, Being cold also uses up alot more food. Once you are hungry you will begin taking damage

    Crafting Window
    You can craft items by selecting them in the crafting window, as long as you have the required ingredients you can create it; You can learn to craft new items by studying blueprints

    Trading/Dropping items
    You can drop items into the world by simply dragging the item onto your view of the world

    Gathering
    You can gather things with the hatchet. If you kill an animal, use it on it to get meat and cloth. Some rocks also give you Ores which you can put into a campfire to extract components from (Metal, Sulfur )

    Research Kit
    Drag this onto any other item to learn how to create it. Requires 1 Paper per use

    Blueprint
    Study this via right click to learn how to create this item

    Item Mods
    Drag these onto an item to apply the modification, the item must have atleast one free slot to receive an item mod (Laser sight, Flashlight, Holo sight, Silencer (unused) )

    Loot
    Supplies will dwindle fast, loot everything you can and don't forget to loot zombies when you kill them, some items are only found by killing zombies, or in specific types of crates.

    Red Crate
    Medical supplies, flares, and blueprints
    Yellow Crate
    Ammo, Item mods
    Green Crate
    Weapons, Weapon Mods, Ammo
    Wood Boxes
    Mostly junk, limited ammo, flares, rare chance for armor
    Zombie Loot Sacks
    Weapon parts, blueprints, medical supplies, armor parts, item mods, basically a small chance for everything

    Getting stuck
    Right now it is possible to fall off the edge of the map, or get stuck in a tight place and your character can't move, if this happens all you have to do is type /do unstick in the chat window and your character will have it's position reset to a random spawn point

    Choppy objects
    Rarely, the client clock can get unsynchronized from the server, if you notice players or zombies teleporting a foot or more instead of walking type /do reclock in the chat window and after a few seconds things should return to normal. Please note this is temporary and will be detected and automated in the near future.

    Input delay
    A few users have reported a visual delay between moving their mouse and their view updating. Please visit http://unity3d.com/webplayer and download the latest version.

    Framerate Issues
    Go into the options menu and toggle fullscreen, WARNING sometimes this can lock up your computer, we're looking into it, we think its a problem with the unity webplayer build
    Alternatively you can toggle things on/off in the options menu or just press / and * on the numpad to decrease/increase graphical settings
    If you have the Unity Editor installed, it helps to download the end user version of their webplayer plugin, the development one runs much slower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly x 13Useful x 4Winner x 4Informative x 1Funny x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

  2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Snakess's Avatar
    July 2005
    3,009 Posts
    Thanks for this, I was wondering what the Research & Recycle kits were for.

  3. Post #3
    ZaroX's Avatar
    July 2010
    117 Posts
    Thank you, I didn't know the colors of the crate ment something!

    I don't understand this:
    25% chance for no slots, 75% chance for 1-5 slots
    part though.

  4. Post #4
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    Helk's Avatar
    August 2005
    566 Posts
    Thank you, I didn't know the colors of the crate ment something!

    I don't understand this:

    part though.
    It means when the item is created, there is a 25% chance it will have no slots for modifications (the little white squares) and a 75% chance it will roll for 1 to 5 of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

  5. Post #5
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    Helk's Avatar
    August 2005
    566 Posts
    A few updates to the guide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

  6. Post #6
    Sieze's Avatar
    November 2009
    103 Posts
    and BAM, nice to knwo crates have significants. kinda thought they did but wasnt sure what crate color meant what. helpful.

  7. Post #7
    lazermaniac's Avatar
    January 2005
    85 Posts
    Quick question - how does one create stashes? Is it a recipe you eventually loot off a zombie and I'm just unlucky as hell, or is there something special that needs to be done?

  8. Post #8
    Sieze's Avatar
    November 2009
    103 Posts
    Quick question - how does one create stashes? Is it a recipe you eventually loot off a zombie and I'm just unlucky as hell, or is there something special that needs to be done?
    find a stash item, put it and a research kit in a workbench. it will make you a blueprint.

    or if you have a Blueprint. right click it in your inventory click info and tada there it shows you the materials and there amounts needed to craft the item.

  9. Post #9
    InUndenial's Avatar
    September 2008
    1,611 Posts
    so I closed the crafting section of my inventory and can't open it. how undo?

  10. Post #10
    GET A LEGIT RUST KEY HERE
    Helk's Avatar
    August 2005
    566 Posts
    Updated the user guide to reflect the recent changes in the game

  11. Post #11
    Zorus's Avatar
    February 2010
    2,821 Posts
    so I closed the crafting section of my inventory and can't open it. how undo?
    I want to know this also, it seems to be irreversible other than exiting and coming back

    seems to be a Firefox specific problem

    the UI just doesn't exist in Firefox, or at least the full window doesn't work for me. Chrome is fine though.

  12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    jeimizu's Avatar
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    How do I turn part snapping back on? I disabled it somehow.

  13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    JustGman's Avatar
    December 2005
    6,024 Posts
    I want to know this also, it seems to be irreversible other than exiting and coming back

    seems to be a Firefox specific problem

    the UI just doesn't exist in Firefox, or at least the full window doesn't work for me. Chrome is fine though.
    Going into fullscreen and then back to smallscreen fixes the UI problem for me.

  14. Post #14
    into things like this - if you know what
    Dennab
    December 2011
    4,031 Posts
    I can't even access the menu, I pressed ESC and even / * but no success.

  15. Post #15
    scratch (nl)'s Avatar
    January 2010
    9,099 Posts
    Yellow Crate
    Ammo, Item mods
    What do you mean with item mods?

  16. Post #16
    I paid $1 and all got was an STD
    Zombie man70's Avatar
    October 2007
    1,719 Posts
    What do you mean with item mods?
    Gun attachments.

  17. Post #17
    scratch (nl)'s Avatar
    January 2010
    9,099 Posts
    but I think gun attachments are these
    Green Crate
    Weapons, Weapon Mods, Ammo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  18. Post #18
    SK17a
    garychencool's Avatar
    October 2010
    12,031 Posts
    So I have the latest version of Unity Web Player and I still get insane fps lag so I have to play on lowest everything and lowest resolution when similar games like BeGone have no problem and I'm playing on highest.

  19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2012
    2,695 Posts
    So I have the latest version of Unity Web Player and I still get insane fps lag so I have to play on lowest everything and lowest resolution when similar games like BeGone have no problem and I'm playing on highest.
    Begone is a WAY more simple game than Rust.

  20. Post #20
    (User was banned for this post ("Reaction image"))
    Holt!'s Avatar
    September 2011
    3,343 Posts
    Is there any way to play this with dual monitors in fullscreen, Without the mouse cursor unlocking from the center.

  21. Post #21

    March 2012
    35 Posts
    Can anyone outline the best way to set up a fort/spawn? For example.. Get cloth-Build Sleeping bag- Get wood-Build fort?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

  22. Post #22
    Abused by Girlfriend
    geogzm's Avatar
    January 2010
    18,086 Posts
    It might be worth noting that additional information is laying around here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

  23. Post #23

    June 2013
    4 Posts
    How to create 5.56 or shotgun ammo? U need blueprints for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

  24. Post #24
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    How to create 5.56 or shotgun ammo? U need blueprints for that?
    If you can't craft it by default, and it isn't a material, you need blueprints for it.

  25. Post #25
    Skates's Avatar
    June 2013
    2 Posts
    Pretty useful when you're only just starting out. Thanks!

  26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    ~ZOMG's Avatar
    December 2009
    9,734 Posts
    I cannot, for the life of me, find any blueprints. I've been playing a few hours now, and I've killed a handful of zombies, but no blueprints. Are there areas where there are larger numbers of zombies?

  27. Post #27
    Abused by Girlfriend
    geogzm's Avatar
    January 2010
    18,086 Posts
    I cannot, for the life of me, find any blueprints. I've been playing a few hours now, and I've killed a handful of zombies, but no blueprints. Are there areas where there are larger numbers of zombies?
    You just have to keep killing.

    Our band of survivors have resorted to killing players who intimidate us and looting abandoned homes, sometimes they'll have spare blueprints on them which you can grab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

  28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    Excalibuurr's Avatar
    April 2011
    4,362 Posts
    I cannot, for the life of me, find any blueprints. I've been playing a few hours now, and I've killed a handful of zombies, but no blueprints. Are there areas where there are larger numbers of zombies?
    You can sometimes find blueprints in... green crates was it? or blue...

  29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    A_Pigeon's Avatar
    November 2011
    2,895 Posts
    what are the possible research kit spawns?

  30. Post #30
    full blown anime
    Aw3s0m3n3ss's Avatar
    December 2011
    1,523 Posts
    You can sometimes find blueprints in... green crates was it? or blue...
    Blue last time I checked. Or was it red?

    Edited:

    what are the possible research kit spawns?
    Zombies and crates.

    The most easy way to them is off of players.

  31. Post #31
    Rama214's Avatar
    December 2009
    2,092 Posts
    Blue last time I checked. Or was it red?

    Edited:



    Zombies and crates.

    The most easy way to them is off of players.
    Why do you help people, speedhacker?

  32. Post #32
    Dennab
    June 2013
    33 Posts
    Where do you get research kits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

  33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2012
    92 Posts
    I don't have the game yet D:, but a certain someone was wanting a 100 foot monster that destroys peoples stuff. You need to add that Helk.

    EDIT: Stop disagreeing, garry is the one who wants the monster...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

  34. Post #34

    June 2013
    6 Posts
    I was wondering, what are all the controls? Ive had a hard time getting to know them, a simple list of the key and what it does would be amazing.

  35. Post #35

    July 2013
    2 Posts
    Hey Guys, this is just a stand-in topic before we get any kind of how-to manual put up.

    A few things people should know about :


    Cold
    At night it gets cold, stay warm by either making a campfire, or putting on some clothes

    Radiation
    If your rad level goes above 500 you will have radiation poisoning, you will be unable to heal and will take damage until all the rads are metabolised

    Food
    Your food level decreases based on how much you move around and if your body is healing itself, Being cold also uses up alot more food. Once you are hungry you will begin taking damage

    Crafting Window
    You can craft items by selecting them in the crafting window, as long as you have the required ingredients you can create it; You can learn to craft new items by studying blueprints

    Trading/Dropping items
    You can drop items into the world by simply dragging the item onto your view of the world

    Gathering
    You can gather things with the hatchet. If you kill an animal, use it on it to get meat and cloth. Some rocks also give you Ores which you can put into a campfire to extract components from (Metal, Sulfur )

    Research Kit
    Drag this onto any other item to learn how to create it. Requires 1 Paper per use

    Blueprint
    Study this via right click to learn how to create this item

    Item Mods
    Drag these onto an item to apply the modification, the item must have atleast one free slot to receive an item mod (Laser sight, Flashlight, Holo sight, Silencer (unused) )

    Loot
    Supplies will dwindle fast, loot everything you can and don't forget to loot zombies when you kill them, some items are only found by killing zombies, or in specific types of crates.

    Red Crate
    Medical supplies, flares, and blueprints
    Yellow Crate
    Ammo, Item mods
    Green Crate
    Weapons, Weapon Mods, Ammo
    Wood Boxes
    Mostly junk, limited ammo, flares, rare chance for armor
    Zombie Loot Sacks
    Weapon parts, blueprints, medical supplies, armor parts, item mods, basically a small chance for everything

    Getting stuck
    Right now it is possible to fall off the edge of the map, or get stuck in a tight place and your character can't move, if this happens all you have to do is type /do unstick in the chat window and your character will have it's position reset to a random spawn point

    Choppy objects
    Rarely, the client clock can get unsynchronized from the server, if you notice players or zombies teleporting a foot or more instead of walking type /do reclock in the chat window and after a few seconds things should return to normal. Please note this is temporary and will be detected and automated in the near future.

    Input delay
    A few users have reported a visual delay between moving their mouse and their view updating. Please visit http://unity3d.com/webplayer and download the latest version.

    Framerate Issues
    Go into the options menu and toggle fullscreen, WARNING sometimes this can lock up your computer, we're looking into it, we think its a problem with the unity webplayer build
    Alternatively you can toggle things on/off in the options menu or just press / and * on the numpad to decrease/increase graphical settings
    If you have the Unity Editor installed, it helps to download the end user version of their webplayer plugin, the development one runs much slower
    Edited:

    how do i git a rust key?

    Edited:

    I was wondering, what are all the controls? Ive had a hard time getting to know them, a simple list of the key and what it does would be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)