1. Post #3961
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,012 Posts
    Several, at random. I hadn't touched some of the games in months and I got booster packs for them. I'd gotten the level 1 badge for each game.
    I've gotten them without game badges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #3962
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,141 Posts
    I was reading up on trading cards, has anyone ever gotten a booster pack?
    I get at least two monthly, I haven't really counted.

3. Post #3963
    I think I get one per month or two, even though I'm eligible to get cards for about 20 games. I know it depends on the Steam Community level, but the rate is still disappointing.

4. Post #3964
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,254 Posts
    I am eligible for 108 games and get booster every second month maybe.
    Woo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #3965
    June 2008
    1,066 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ste...88230388336240

The Steam Music beta is now open to everyone using the Steam beta client and there is now a desktop interface for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #3966
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    413 Posts
    they also finally updated the embedded browser, and broke all the steamcommunity links in the steamclient in the process.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #3967
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,485 Posts
    Looks like Valve is adding a actual joystick to the controller taken from the latest client beta:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #3968
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,705 Posts
    △▢OX > ABXY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #3969
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,012 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ste...88230388336240

The Steam Music beta is now open to everyone using the Steam beta client and there is now a desktop interface for it.
    I can't find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3970
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    I can't find it.
    it's pretty easy to find

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3971
    u focking WOT m8, I lay u out blad
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    Is this 500GB minimum HDD size still a thing? Or Is there a workaround?

12. Post #3972
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,318 Posts
    Major update of embedded web browser to increase performance, reliability, and to bring in various security fixes and functionality updates
    !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #3973
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,069 Posts
    ...is there a way to edit the browser's settings somehow? This new font smoothing really hurts my eyes

Edited:

And I can't find Music either

14. Post #3974
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,128 Posts
    I'm really liking how they've handled the user interface with this

Edit: Valve has posted an official announcement here

15. Post #3975
    I'm a Wizard
    March 2006
    2,702 Posts
    I'm really liking how they've handled the user interface with this
    It's certainly not bad, but I can't wait for skins like PixelVision to update for this.

16. Post #3976
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,069 Posts
    Apparently they updated the beta again and removed Music, what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #3977
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,778 Posts
    Looks like Valve is adding a actual joystick to the controller taken from the latest client beta:

Engadget linked to your post, rip guests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3978
    When I entered the music section for the first time, I was greeted by this.

Fuck yes, this is exactly what I needed.

19. Post #3979
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    413 Posts
    Apparently they updated the beta again and removed Music, what
    They didn't remove music, they released a hotfix for the issues with the steam community links in the steam client

20. Post #3980
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,069 Posts
    Yeah I just read that you apparently need to be invited to the Steam Music closed beta to be able to access the music features in the new beta client, really annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,713 Posts
    △▢OX > ABXY
    Not only is that a better system, I'm just glad Valve didn't go full Microsoft and put the joystick where the dpad would be. Xbox controllers aren't nearly as ergonomic as the SIXAXIS/DUALSHOCK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #3982
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,013 Posts
    the community market keeps freezing for me with the latest update... anyone else having this problem? It stops being responsive and I have to refresh the page completely.

23. Post #3983
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,669 Posts
    Why do people want a music client build into Steam anyway?

While it's much better than it was before in terms of performance, it feels as if the client is getting a little bit bloated now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #3984
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,352 Posts
    My guess would be SteamOS. They would have a better chance of getting into the market if they've got it fully featured, rather than having to go find a third party program to do something as "simple" as playing music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #3985
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,254 Posts
    Why do people want a music client build into Steam anyway?

While it's much better than it was before in terms of performance, it feels as if the client is getting a little bit bloated now.
    I guess it is the good old more the merrier thing, also I would rather first get fix for "frozen" Steam browser in the steam client itself, it is annoying when it sometimes gets stuck in Activity and never leaves it and forces you to restart Steam if you want to do anything else than look at your games library.

26. Post #3986
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,705 Posts
    I wonder when/if they're going to stop using websites for store/community, like on big picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3987
    Glod Menber
    April 2011
    1,679 Posts
    As long as the Steam music client doesn't support all common formats, it's useless for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #3988
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,613 Posts
    Could the 2 factor authentication be a sign that they're going to finally update the android/ios steam apps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #3989
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,954 Posts
    Could the 2 factor authentication be a sign that they're going to finally update the android/ios steam apps?
    Yes. But it's always possible they will just update the iOS app again and leave the Android one to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic x 3Agree x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3990
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,669 Posts
    Surely at this point its possible for someone to make a usable 3rd party client?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #3991
    July 2010
    422 Posts
    I would honestly be surprised if they didn't update the android app this time around, they would cut out lots of people from using the 2 factor authentication, plus they let nvidia port hl2 @ portal to android.

32. Post #3992
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,233 Posts
    Hopefully steam adds lastfm like features for keeping track of what you've listened to and shares it to your profile or smth.

And hopefully there will be an api because I use g music all access and don't use spotify D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

33. Post #3993
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,089 Posts
    Xbox controllers aren't nearly as ergonomic as the SIXAXIS/DUALSHOCK
    I much prefer my thumb being in line with my palm compared to the bend on dualshock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3994
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,548 Posts
    steam wants spotify integration, so that's nice.

I wish it said what you were listening to(as an option) next to your name or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #3995
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    rip Steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3996
    April 2011
    2,543 Posts
    First time i've experienced not being able to log in on steam at all...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #3997
    July 2012
    296 Posts
    -snipwrong-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #3998
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,318 Posts

g fucking g it used to be 0 across all boards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    steam wants spotify integration, so that's nice.

I wish it said what you were listening to(as an option) next to your name or something.
    If they add support for Skype in the overlay it will be the best thing ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 6Funny x 4Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4000
    May 2012
    770 Posts
    If they add support for Skype in the overlay it will be the best thing ever.
    It would be more likely that Valve would create their own video chat than it would be that Microsoft lets them integrate it.

Edited: Valve really just needs to start focusing more on creating APIs for apps. Right now they're trying to package all of the Steam OS front end into one executable which is fucking dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)