1. Post #281
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    69 Posts
    So, what if I designed and created my own cinema_url picture, instead of a website. Is there an easy way to just load the picture as the cinema idle screen. I've experimented with uploading the picture to file sharing websites such as flikr and copying the url of the image page (without the file extension) to no avail. If I replace the CreateConVar code in theater/sh_commands.lua with the image page, it seems to work, but no videos can be played. The video seems to play but the image stays up the entire time and there is no sound. Here is the image page I'm trying to make the cinema_url. I am trying to avoid making another website to host the image because I run the servers on my own hardware and It's just one more thing to think about.

Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/770526...ream/lightbox/
    The reason why no videos can be played is because you don't have the theater.js JavaScript loaded. Without that, none of the implementation for video services work. Take a look at it here: Link.

2. Post #282

May 2008
    20 Posts
    So, what if I designed and created my own cinema_url picture, instead of a website. Is there an easy way to just load the picture as the cinema idle screen. I've experimented with uploading the picture to file sharing websites such as flikr and copying the url of the image page (without the file extension) to no avail. If I replace the CreateConVar code in theater/sh_commands.lua with the image page, it seems to work, but no videos can be played. The video seems to play but the image stays up the entire time and there is no sound. Here is the image page I'm trying to make the cinema_url. I am trying to avoid making another website to host the image because I run the servers on my own hardware and It's just one more thing to think about.

Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/770526...ream/lightbox/
    Video service selection is handled by the website hosted here: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/pi...mes.github.com (What you see on the screen is this website)

If you want yours to be custom you are going to need a web host and use the code on that Git as an example. Another option would be having a webpage the loads the normal URL but injects custom CSS to change the look and feel.

3. Post #283
    August 2014
    20 Posts
    This gamemode is cool and all but easily screwed over by pedophilic MLP lovers who play nothing but clop.

4. Post #284
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    570 Posts
    Can you use this to stream something from a directly video link?
    Like if a video is self hosted?

5. Post #285
    July 2012
    21 Posts
    Video service selection is handled by the website hosted here: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/pi...mes.github.com (What you see on the screen is this website)

If you want yours to be custom you are going to need a web host and use the code on that Git as an example. Another option would be having a webpage the loads the normal URL but injects custom CSS to change the look and feel.
    Well great, know of a good webhost that allows custom CSS?

6. Post #286
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    570 Posts
    How can I play self hosted videos from my dedicated?

7. Post #287
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    69 Posts
    Can you use this to stream something from a directly video link?
    Like if a video is self hosted?
    You'd have to add support for it and somehow handle the video with JavaScript. Read like, 3 or 4 posts before this.

8. Post #288
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    570 Posts
    You'd have to add support for it and somehow handle the video with JavaScript. Read like, 3 or 4 posts before this.
    I mean I can throw the video on a webpage by itself no problem which i tried but when i went to queue the video it didnt pick it up :/

9. Post #289
    July 2008
    694 Posts
    I mean I can throw the video on a webpage by itself no problem which i tried but when i went to queue the video it didnt pick it up :/
    It's been a while since I've tested it, but I believe it should work if you request it by using the following console command:

Code:
    cinema_video_request "http://webpage.com/"

10. Post #290
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    570 Posts
    samm that doesn't seem to work :/

11. Post #291
    SWAG KING 2014
    November 2008
    858 Posts
    Viooz domain name was changed, can we get it updated please

12. Post #292
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    69 Posts
    Viooz domain name was changed, can we get it updated please
    This was fixed 24 days ago in this commit. Please make sure that your version of Cinema is up-to-date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    SWAG KING 2014
    November 2008
    858 Posts
    This was fixed 24 days ago in this commit. Please make sure that your version of Cinema is up-to-date.
    Awesome, thanks

14. Post #294

July 2014
    22 Posts
    Are you going to add VK.com support? It would be nice, coz i watch anime from this site :3.

15. Post #295
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    69 Posts
    Are you going to add VK.com support? It would be nice, coz i watch anime from this site :3.
    VK is a social network that requires logging in to even get to its content. It would be impossible to implement as a Video Service.

16. Post #296
    LUA NOOB
    November 2013
    570 Posts
    is it possible to support any direct video links? such as: http://sitename.com/videowhatever.mp4 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297

July 2014
    22 Posts
    What about sibnet support?

18. Post #298
    January 2012
    52 Posts
    It should support netflix and amazon video of some kind. but valve should also buy the Cinema IP, cuz ithink the new cinema game genre would be better than anyother genre i can think of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Maestro
    August 2006
    2,549 Posts
    Would it be possible to rig this gamemode to play video from any arbitrary service that uses flash? Maybe by examining the embed codes?

20. Post #300
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    69 Posts
    is it possible to support any direct video links? such as: http://sitename.com/videowhatever.mp4 ?
    Would it be possible to rig this gamemode to play video from any arbitrary service that uses flash? Maybe by examining the embed codes?
    Yes, if you're willing to add an implementation to the JavaScript Code. and set up a Service in Cinema for it.

21. Post #301
    July 2008
    694 Posts
    Each embedded flash video player exposes its own unique methods accessible from JavaScript. Finding these methods requires either knowing the API beforehand or reverse engineering (through decompilation). That said, I don't think it's possible to implement, especially not in Garry's Mod.

22. Post #302

March 2014
    3 Posts
    Hi, just set up my cinema server and have run into a few problems.
    1) Can't sit in seats. Kinda big but no biggie compared to the second one.
    2) Doors don't animate/teleport. Kind of a breaker this one.

There's no errors showing up in console.log so I have no idea how you guys are gonna help but here it is anyways.
    Code:
    loaded rewards fonts
    You are running ULib version 2.51.
    [ULIB] Loading SHARED module: ulx_init.lua
    [ULX] Loading CLIENT module: motdmenu.lua
    [ULX] Loading CLIENT module: uteam.lua
    [ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xgui_client.lua
    [ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xgui_helpers.lua
    [ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xlib.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_chat.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_chattags.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_commandtable.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_cvars.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_effects.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_fun.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_hook.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_menus.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_notepad.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_pgag.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_rcon.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_soundlist.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_teleport.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_util.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: cc_voting.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: chat.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: essentials.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: fun.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: menus.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: rcon.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: teleport.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: ugb.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: user.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: userhelp.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: util.lua
    [ULX] Loading SHARED module: vote.lua
    Requesting texture value from var "$dummyvar" which is not a texture value (material: NULL material)
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity ent_knife from non existant entity base_gmodentity!
    Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/resource/fonts/bebasneue.ttf'
    Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/resource/fonts/opensans-condbold.ttf'
    Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/resource/fonts/opensans-condlight.ttf'
    Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/resource/fonts/opensans-regular.ttf'
    Failed to load custom font file 'c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/resource/fonts/ultra.ttf'
    Client "LuckyCharms" spawned in server (109.79.236.139:27005)<STEAM_0:1:53532642>.
    ULX version 3.61 loaded.
    Welcome to IceMod Cinema | FastDL | Pointshop | 24/7 | Friendly Staff | EU |! We're playing cinema_theatron.
    You last played on this server 02/10/15 18:02:44
    Initial walk and run speeds fetched.
    Walk Speed: 200
    Run Speed: 300

///////////////////////////////////////
    //  ULX GUI -- Made by Stickly Man!  //
    // Loading GUI Modules...            //
    //   bans.lua                        //
    //   commands.lua                    //
    //   groups.lua                      //
    //   maps.lua                        //
    //   settings.lua                    //
    // Loading Setting Modules...        //
    //   cl_apromote.lua                 //
    //   client.lua                      //
    //   server.lua                      //
    // Loading Gamemode Module(s)...     //
    //   No module found!                //
    // Modules Loaded!                   //

KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got NULL key in file materials/models/dpfilms/characters/kran4es_freeman/mouth.vmt
    VertexLitGeneric, >=DX90, 
    KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file materials/models/dpfilms/characters/kran4es_freeman/mouth.vmt
    VertexLitGeneric, (*>=DX90*), 
    Error! Variable " 1
    	" is multiply defined in material "models/dpfilms/characters/kran4es_freeman/mouth"!
    Error! Variable "
    	" is multiply defined in material "models/dpfilms/characters/kran4es_freeman/mouth"!
    Error! Variable " " is multiply defined in material "models/dpfilms/characters/kran4es_freeman/mouth"!
    Error in .VMT file: error parsing vector element "$selfillumtint" in "$selfillumtint"
    Compact freed 659456 bytes
    Redownloading all lightmaps
    Model missing: models/survivors/survivor_mechanic.mdl
    Bad sequence (3 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model 'error.mdl'!
    Bad sequence (3 out of 1 max) in GetSequenceLinearMotion() for model 'error.mdl'!
    AWESOMIUM: Initialized instance for theater screen
    Loaded Video
    	Title:		NoVideoPlaying
    	Type:		
    	Data:		
    	Time:		1280.1149902344
    	Duration:	0
    	Requested by  ()
    AWESOMIUM: Destroyed instance for theater screen
    *EDIT*
    Fixed!
    For those who are having the same problem all you need to do is add the Cinema & Cinema_theatron to a collection and then add that to your server.

23. Post #303
    January 2014
    1,004 Posts
    -snip-

24. Post #304
    February 2010
    155 Posts
    Any chance you could add support for the spawn menu?

I was looking to start a no-bullshit Cinema gamemode without VIP nonsense and allowing open PAC3.

The problem is the spawnmenu doesn't exist in the gamemode, so you can't really PAC with any in game model browser.

I would rather go the extra step to restrict actual prop spawning than not have the option at all.

25. Post #305
    July 2008
    694 Posts
    Any chance you could add support for the spawn menu?

I was looking to start a no-bullshit Cinema gamemode without VIP nonsense and allowing open PAC3.

The problem is the spawnmenu doesn't exist in the gamemode, so you can't really PAC with any in game model browser.

I would rather go the extra step to restrict actual prop spawning than not have the option at all.
    I've been working on a Media Player addon for a while now. It's not quite finished, but I'm sure you'll find it useful in Sandbox: https://github.com/pixeltailgames/gm-mediaplayer

It works similar to PlayX, there should be a "Media Player" category under the entities tab.

26. Post #306

April 2015
    2 Posts
    I have the gamemode hosted on my server and cinema_theatron is loading up correctly, but I can't enter theaters and if I walk into a door I walk right through it. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

27. Post #307
    July 2008
    694 Posts
    I have the gamemode hosted on my server and cinema_theatron is loading up correctly, but I can't enter theaters and if I walk into a door I walk right through it. Can someone tell me what's wrong?
    This comes up every now and then from people commenting on the workshop item. I've never been able to reproduce this issue, but my best guess is that either the gamemode isn't set correctly or the server doesn't actually have the content. You may have the content downloaded on your client, but the server can't load the door's collision data and thus doesn't know when you're trying to open it.