1. Post #81
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,177 Posts
    Some of my players are complaining of not being able to hear sound on any of the videos. Any ideas?
    Would they happen to be on a Mac? We've been having the same issue on Lifepunch's own gamemode. http://www.lifepunch.net/forums/show....php?tid=10721

2. Post #82
    The doors have stopped working for me, Press e on them and nothing happens, strange.

3. Post #83
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    There seems to have been a problem with the workshop upload I made last night. The errors were fixed once I reuploaded the gamemode. Not entirely sure what caused them.

I've made a few updates:
    - Added maximum public theater video duration ( cinema_video_duration_max <int> )
    - Forced voteskip requirement to 2 votes when only two players are in a theater
    - Added hooks for developers looking to filter content:
    PreVideoQueued( Video, Theater ) : Return false to prevent the video from being queued (example usage)
    PostVideoQueued( Video, Theater ) : Used for logging, etc.

- Added Steam IDs to video objects (Thanks VorteX)
    - Fixed a bunch of small bugs

4. Post #84
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    how about making private rooms only accessible to specific usergroups?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,422 Posts
    It'd be nice to get a hook for

PlayerEnterTheater( objPl, objTheater );
    -- return true to allow the player in, false to disallow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    It'd be nice to get a hook for

PlayerEnterTheater( objPl, objTheater );
    -- return true to allow the player in, false to disallow
    I'll look into this tonight. This will also solve the usergroup filtering. I had originally added the THEATER_PRIVILEGED tag when I started working on the gamemode, but I never planned on actually implementing VIP, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,422 Posts
    I'll look into this tonight. This will also solve the usergroup filtering. I had originally added the THEATER_PRIVILEGED tag when I started working on the gamemode, but I never planned on actually implementing VIP, etc.
    I'd be much appreciated!

8. Post #88
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    If someone is available to help test and has Mac OS X, please add me on Steam. I need to debug the invisible theater screen issue.

Edited:
    I pushed a few updates to the github repo. I'm going to bed now, so I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Changelog:
    - Added OS X unsupported message (temporary until I can fix the theater screens for OS X)
    - Fixed unsupported map F1 key opening the wrong workshop id
    - Fixed issue with parsing twitch.tv URLs
    - Fixed URL service taking priority over actual services
    - Added more server-side hooks for developers
    PrePlayerEnterTheater( ply, Theater ) : Use this for implementing VIP support (example usage)
    PostPlayerEnterTheater( ply, Theater )
    PrePlayerExitTheater( ply, Theater )
    PostPlayerExitTheater( ply, Theater )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    I have this strange problem when I'm in the actual cinema, other player models start shaking then disappear is this normal?

10. Post #90
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    I have this strange problem when I'm in the actual cinema, other player models start shaking then disappear is this normal?
    I believe this is a problem with Garry's Mod. I can find no reason as to why it would be happening with my code.

I've added html entity decoding on video titles in the latest update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    I believe this is a problem with Garry's Mod. I can find no reason as to why it would be happening with my code.

I've added html entity decoding on video titles in the latest update.
    So no fix? it only happens on cinema.

12. Post #92
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    So no fix? it only happens on cinema.
    Well, if I knew what was causing it, I may be able to provide a fix. I've had the issue where players start shaking, but I've never seen them disappear myself.

13. Post #93
    Well, if I knew what was causing it, I may be able to provide a fix. I've had the issue where players start shaking, but I've never seen them disappear myself.
    Shame, I feel so alone, when actually I'm in a full server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    For what it's worth, I can confirm that the shaking seems to be universal, I've seen as well as been told I was shaking myself while testing things that would logically not contribute at all to an arbitrary shake, if we find a cause/solution, I'll post back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    For what it's worth, I can confirm that the shaking seems to be universal, I've seen as well as been told I was shaking myself while testing things that would logically not contribute at all to an arbitrary shake, if we find a cause/solution, I'll post back.
    This is what I thought, good to know. Thanks.

16. Post #96
    It's a gmod thing, it happens on one of my gamemodes too. It's probably some kind of floating point precision loss because both gamemodes don't have a "time limit" and don't crash enough either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,422 Posts
    If someone is available to help test and has Mac OS X, please add me on Steam. I need to debug the invisible theater screen issue.

Edited:
    I pushed a few updates to the github repo. I'm going to bed now, so I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Changelog:
    - Added OS X unsupported message (temporary until I can fix the theater screens for OS X)
    - Fixed unsupported map F1 key opening the wrong workshop id
    - Fixed issue with parsing twitch.tv URLs
    - Fixed URL service taking priority over actual services
    - Added more server-side hooks for developers
    PrePlayerEnterTheater( ply, Theater ) : Use this for implementing VIP support (example usage)
    PostPlayerEnterTheater( ply, Theater )
    PrePlayerExitTheater( ply, Theater )
    PostPlayerExitTheater( ply, Theater )
    thank you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    I've added additional flash support for when it's undetected.

Users will be sent to this help page, with the download URL copied into their clipboard with this handy function.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,422 Posts
    Neat, but undetected sounds a bit weird, how about just "not detected"

20. Post #100
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    Neat, but undetected sounds a bit weird, how about just "not detected"
    You're right, I've changed it and it will be updated the next time I make any major changes.

21. Post #101
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,422 Posts
    You're right, I've changed it and it will be updated the next time I make any major changes.
    awesome, you rock!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    I cannot believe I wasted another $2 to add HTML to my title.
    September 2012
    294 Posts
    awesome, you rock!
    Would be even more awesome if Wold DJ was fixed ;D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,310 Posts
    This is nitpicking, but I thought I should let you know that the html entity decoding isn't showing certain symbols like & on your history, queue and on the scoreboard under currently playing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    SWAG KING 2014
    November 2008
    664 Posts
    Players don't seem to be downloading the official map files
    (Models, materials)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    August 2012
    1,068 Posts
    You guys are awesome. Great job once again, Sam!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    December 2012
    113 Posts
    how can i add the map to my server?

27. Post #107
    I like the fat, greasy nerds that wear MLP shirts three sizes too small
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Does anyone know what could be causing this issue and how I could fix it? The FastDL was synced and the downloads were done correctly via workshop.

28. Post #108
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,310 Posts
    Does anyone know what could be causing this issue and how I could fix it? The FastDL was synced and the downloads were done correctly via workshop.
    I'm having the same problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    SWAG KING 2014
    November 2008
    664 Posts
    I'm having the same problem.
    it might be something to do with your video settings, play around with them

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,310 Posts
    it might be something to do with your video settings, play around with them
    It works fine on my main computer, I tried logging in with my other account on my laptop making sure all the files download fine to the client and I was getting that. I'll try messing with them in the morning.

31. Post #111
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Ok guys, apparently this issue can be caused by missing bump maps and the error messages are missing models/textures. Basically, the map has downloaded successfully but the custom textures it uses are partially missing.

32. Post #112
    December 2011
    1,137 Posts
    That means you're missing materials, make sure you download the workshop version for the client as well.

33. Post #113
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    That means you're missing materials, make sure you download the workshop version for the client as well.
    Well isn't it supposed to automatically download onto the client via the server? What's the point of having to separately download all the content?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,310 Posts
    When watching a twitch tv stream the volume slider doesn't seen to be applying the correct sound.

I turned the sound all the way down and I could still hear the stream.

35. Post #115
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    When watching a twitch tv stream the volume slider doesn't seen to be applying the correct sound.

I turned the sound all the way down and I could still hear the stream.
    The twitch player doesn't have support for changing the volume, unfortunately. As in, the actual twitch player available from twitch.tv has no input from JavaScript besides sliding the volume bar with the mouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,650 Posts
    The twitch player doesn't have support for changing the volume, unfortunately. As in, the actual twitch player available from twitch.tv has no input from JavaScript besides sliding the volume bar with the mouse.
    Maybe have it so the volume bar is faded out when Twitch is playing, would avoid further confusion.

37. Post #117
    November 2012
    9 Posts
    Great gamemode, and a great map... But it takes years for users to join, even with a really good FastDL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,417 Posts
    Great gamemode, and a great map... But it takes years for users to join, even with a really good FastDL.
    I take it you have never joined a PERP server before.

39. Post #119

April 2012
    11 Posts
    Still having fast dl issues and there is on more issue at hand. Every once and a while a client will be kicked for this error: http://gyazo.com/843063dd5ef884698207848a3f1271bc

40. Post #120
    July 2008
    629 Posts
    Every once and a while a client will be kicked for this error: http://gyazo.com/843063dd5ef884698207848a3f1271bc
    I will attempt to fix this later today. However, you should probably set sv_kickerrornum to 0.