1. Post #1
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    Hello.
    I think that everyone of you agrees with that: "HL2RP is boring". Well, this isn't the average HL2RP you may have seen.
    That's basically what happens on every server.
    1. Citizen gets an apartment, leaves it empty.
    2. Citizen makes some friend and talk.
    3. Citizen starts loitering.
    4. Repeat step 1-3, until they get annoyed, punch other citizens and start riots.

And HL2RP isn't this. Or, at least, in Half-Life 2 universe it isn't like this. Beacuse of this, our server is providing more options for citizens, jobs. No, it isn't a DarkRP in HL2 as it may look.
    Some of the jobs are:
    - Trash Collectors
    - Janitors
    - Clothes Washers
    - CWU Aid (Just helping the CWU with anything)
    - Gardeners (More for other maps with more trees and plants around)
    - Union Propaganda Distributors (Just handing out papers with Union advertisements on it)
    - Doctors
    - Cooks
    - Factory workers (Rations/Scanner Building)
    - Newspaper Businesses
    - Similar Industry Business to CWU
    - Engineering/Biomedical Version of CWU (Testing on citizens etc.)
    - Sickness bug (Combine destroyed all viruses, but this is where we can bend the canon. Viruses can mutate, making them incredibly hard to eradicate.)

And events that affect more the map come with this.

Our server has 20 slots, almost always online from this IP: 94.242.232.42:27025 Or.... Click here to join with the steam:// protocol.

We also often test to Roleplay using kinect, but we always fail, accidentally slapping people.

Screenshots:

And this is a cremator factory.

The only problem is the lack of population. Here's why the server is here.
    And sorry for my english, I'm Italian.

MAP: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=131163
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    You're seriously using a picture of Mossman dancing to promote your "serious" Half-Life 2 roleplay server?

Every HL2RP server promises that it's different and unique, but the only thing you've shown so far that makes your server stand out are jobs (which is an idea other HL2RP servers have done before). What else makes this server stand out? Why should we try your server instead of the other HL2RP servers that are much larger and have had much more effort put into them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    You're seriously using a picture of Mossman dancing to promote your "serious" Half-Life 2 roleplay server?
    First of all, this is a RP kinect test we sometimes do. This was the first, but this involves CA speeches...

And then, you don't know HOW MUCH effort I had to start a community. I honestly think that the reasons you should join are the jobs (In my whole lifetime I never saw other servers offering jobs that allows you to interact instead of loitering), then the way we are serious IC: We are not the common server with 12 years old kids as Sectorial Commanders who can't even Roleplay correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,539 Posts
    Well, you know in serious roleplay you don't need a predefined job to actually do a job right?

Edited:

Also what is the point of a HL2 Beta picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    Well, you know in serious roleplay you don't need a predefined job to actually do a job right?

Edited:

Also what is the point of a HL2 Beta picture?
    Yes, these were examples.

And the HL2 Beta picture is releated to the factory that we are setting up.

6. Post #6
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    517 Posts
    The liberation of Roma have begun!

EDIT :

Oh my god, what is this pezzo di merda...

7. Post #7
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    The liberation of Roma have begun!

EDIT :

Oh my god, what is this pezzo di merda...
    Are you here only to make useless comments disrespecting my country?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    517 Posts
    Non of the images have anything on them, someone holding a materialized object, some dark alley on an overused map, person typing in an empty shop, zombie in a sewer, Mossman dancin'....

Let's tanzen.

Plus, most of the servers equal with the last picture, forced child labor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    Non of the images have anything on them, someone holding a materialized object, some dark alley on an overused map, person typing in an empty shop, zombie in a sewer, Mossman dancin'....

Let's tanzen.

Plus, most of the servers equal with the last picture, forced child labor.
    1. The "Holded materialized object" is in the ground, and it's liquid.
    2. The "dark alley" is the sewers area, and the map is not overused. It's C45 catalyst version, almost nobody got it. Play Garry's Mod before criticizing servers.
    3. Is anything wrong in a shop with a CWU member typing? It's just an active shop.
    4. "Mossman dancin". Have you even read my first reply?
    And you still didn't answer my question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    okay

so you're using a map you didn't even make and completely sucks and you keep using kinect as an excuse to make the stupidest poses with

cool owner i bet the server wont die within a month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    okay

so you're using a map you didn't even make and completely sucks and you keep using kinect as an excuse to make the stupidest poses with

cool owner i bet the server wont die within a month
    Are you dumb? Every server with gm_construct so has a map that they didn't even make and completly sucks? Think 10 seconds before posting.
    Not everyone is a mapper/has the time to make his own map.

"no just shut up i'm cool and you're not
    Fix'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    Are you dumb? Every server with gm_construct so has a map that they didn't even make and completly sucks? Think 10 seconds before posting.
    Not everyone is a mapper/has the time to make his own map.

"no just shut up i'm cool and you're not
    Fix'd.
    You're really bad at responding to criticism. What did you expect when you came to facepunch advertising yet another generic HL2RP server? The fact that you keep raging at everyone in this thread doesn't make your server more appealing, it just makes you seem like an arrogant douchebag who's not fit to run a server at all.

Oh and by the way, I doubt that Death_God bought that title himself. Not to mention that you even failed correcting it, because it's spelled I'm not i'm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    You're really bad at responding to criticism. What did you expect when you came to facepunch advertising yet another generic HL2RP server? The fact that you keep raging at everyone in this thread doesn't make your server more appealing, it just makes you seem like an arrogant douchebag who's not fit to run a server at all.

Oh and by the way, I doubt that Death_God bought that title himself. Not to mention that you even failed correcting it, because it's spelled I'm not i'm.
    I am not raging. I just can't accept illegitimate criticism. Before making a correct opinion, you should think about it. And as said, In my honest opinion this server ISN'T the average one. That's it.

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    actually i did buy that title and its spelled like how it was found

and you're just not accepting criticism.

someone said it looked pretty mingy how the FIRST pic showing off your server was mossman in a stupid pose

you come back with OH NO IT WAS JUST KINECT TESTING YOU DIPFUCKER

also it doesn't take much effort to start a hl2rp server just so you know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    actually i did buy that title and its spelled like how it was found

and you're just not accepting criticism.

someone said it looked pretty mingy how the FIRST pic showing off your server was mossman in a stupid pose

you come back with OH NO IT WAS JUST KINECT TESTING YOU DIPFUCKER

also it doesn't take much effort to start a hl2rp server just so you know
    Have you ever tried to open a HL2RP server? Try, then tell me the effort.
    *Liota is raging posts incoming*

16. Post #16
    September 2012
    99 Posts
    Rent server, upload gamemode, change default gamemode to said gamemode in config file. It really isn't that hard, the only thing hard about it is getting people to play on your server which would not be hard if you had some unique content/gamemode/concepts/etc. Unfortunately from what I can gather from this thread, you have created a run of the mill HL2RP server.

Maybe you should listen to what they're all saying, and reassess your server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    Rent server, upload gamemode, change default gamemode to said gamemode in config file. It really isn't that hard, the only thing hard about it is getting people to play on your server which would not be hard if you had some unique content/gamemode/concepts/etc. Unfortunately from what I can gather from this thread, you have created a run of the mill HL2RP server.

Maybe you should listen to what they're all saying, and reassess your server.
    What about setting up doors? Plugins? Roasters? Forums? Map fixes?

18. Post #18
    September 2012
    99 Posts
    None of those things are complicated to do at all, and I'm looking at your forums; considering it's utilizing a stock template, I wouldn't say that was too had either.

19. Post #19
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    517 Posts
    What about setting up doors? Plugins? Roasters? Forums? Map fixes?
    I like my "roasters".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts
    i launch a dedicated server

i add openaura/clockwork hl2rp onto the server

i upload the tables to my mysql database

i launch the server

i use admin commands that you can find in the directory to do all that mindlessly easy stuff

its not hard

21. Post #21
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    None of those things are complicated to do at all, and I'm looking at your forums; considering it's utilizing a stock template, I wouldn't say that was too had either.
    Then they're not my forums.

22. Post #22
    September 2012
    99 Posts
    Then they're not my forums.

??

Looks like yours. Also as a note that little doodle thing isn't from me, that's his forum's banner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    517 Posts
    He is just 13 years old.

Your server is very popular, 0/20.

24. Post #24
    January 2013
    9 Posts
    I just want to make this straight,

You Have stolen This map from catalyst gaming, Saying its yours in the Thread,
    Then in the comments saying you didnt,
    Then Flaming shit about stuff we didnt even say,
    and not making sense out of one thing,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    You Have stolen This map from catalyst gaming, Saying its yours in the Thread
    And gm_construct is stolen from Garry. And I did not.
    Not EVERYONE is a mapper/has the time to make his map for his server.
    And it is not necessary to have your own map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2010
    1,907 Posts
    It's kinda pointless to defend the obvious.

Catalyst owns the map, there can be legal trouble if somebody informs them about this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

October 2012
    21 Posts
    It's kinda pointless to defend the obvious.

Catalyst owns the map, there can be legal trouble if somebody informs them about this.
    Knowing Catalyst, it would not suprise me whatsoever if they got butthurt about another server using their map. If they're so butthurt about it, they should just make a private server and only let trusted members join it. I understand effort was put into the map, and all credit has been given to the creators (notice that massive rainbow text you see at spawn?). But seriously, it's a fucking map - get over it, children.

28. Post #28

January 2012
    100 Posts
    please dont argue about things you dont understand

catalyst does not "disallow" people the useage of the map, stop crying over shit you all made up

29. Post #29

October 2012
    21 Posts
    please dont argue about things you dont understand

catalyst does not "disallow" people the useage of the map, stop crying over shit you all made up
    True, but I've seen numerous members of Catalyst complain about map useage.

30. Post #30

January 2012
    100 Posts
    True, but I've seen numerous members of Catalyst complain about map useage.
    numerous members are also retarded and don't have a say in it, they'll have to live with it too

31. Post #31

October 2012
    21 Posts
    numerous members are also retarded and don't have a say in it, they'll have to live with it too
    Sorry, I assumed Catalyst did at one point have some hate regarding map usage as I saw a comment from one of the admins post a request to take the map down when it was on garrysmod.org. My apologies.

32. Post #32
    I'm not drunk, Just Stupid
    April 2012
    828 Posts
    I think that everyone of you agrees with that: "HL2RP is boring". Well, this isn't the average HL2RP you may have seen.
    Already I'm not gonna join, Everyone who joins Facepunch to advertise has the same god damn Introduction.

ARE YOU SICK OF DARKRP?, WELL HERE'S A NEW ONE, BUT DON'T WORRY, IT'S ALOT BETTER TRUST ME. YOU CAN GET PAY ADMI-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    Everyone who joins Facepunch to advertise has the same god damn Introduction.
    First of all, I didn't join to advertise. Second, it's pure truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    I am not a billboard.

July 2009
    517 Posts
    Can't we just let this thread die with this crappy server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    I don't get why you have to be this rude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    This is facepunch.

I'd suggest abandoning this thread now, because you're making yourself look like an ass, and it's not going to help your server's reputation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    because you're the 1000th person to come here with a shitty, generic hl2rp server and complain when it doesn't generate the reception you desperately wanted. then you act like a dick to those who give you genuine criticism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    1,378 Posts
    Its' a pity that these kinds of servers can't get off the ground but it's also a pity that 99/100 of these servers suck

39. Post #39
    July 2012
    234 Posts
    This is facepunch.

I'd suggest abandoning this thread now, because you're making yourself look like an ass, and it's not going to help your server's reputation.
    Then I'm going to be rude with everyone here with the excuse "This is facepunch".
    because you're the 1000th person to come here with a shitty, generic hl2rp server and complain when it doesn't generate the reception you desperately wanted. then you act like a dick to those who give you genuine criticism.
    Actually I'm not the 1000th, I'm the fourth, with a non-generic hl2rp server. And there is no genuine criticism except Jocken's and Chessunt's, get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    September 2012
    99 Posts
    I'm the fourth...
    No, no I'm pretty sure you're closer to being the thousandth than the fourth. You might want to check every thread in this section, the gamemodes section, the Garrysmod section, the Lua section, and the archives of course.