1. Post #1161
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,000 Posts
    Wait there will be a wipe for open beta? Do whatever you want with my levels, but if they reset equipment/map progress i won't touch Warframe for a long time.
    optional wipe between open beta and release afaik, as in, you don't have to. Mainly just for people who thought they made bad decisions/their shit got nerfed too hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    December 2009
    827 Posts
    Someone said that they are not planning to do a wipe, but if something goes terribly wrong they have to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

3. Post #1163
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,774 Posts
    optional wipe between open beta and release afaik, as in, you don't have to. Mainly just for people who thought they made bad decisions/their shit got nerfed too hard.
    Hmm i shouldn't craft any Warframe then, i really want to get Trinity but i hope they buff it. Also, fucking amazing how i still couldn't finish my Hek, i swear i can't get alloy plates at a good rate on any mission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

4. Post #1164
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,000 Posts
    You can always sell it again, and to be honest, trinity is awesome if paired up with an ash/ember/volt.

Edited:

Hell, at least it's more useful against non bosses than loki.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    Someone said that they are not planning to do a wipe, but if something goes terribly wrong they have to.
    They'll also consider a wipe of they revamp the shit out of the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

6. Post #1166
    January 2013
    130 Posts
    They'll also consider a wipe of they revamp the shit out of the game
    Honestly I the only main mechanic that should be reworked is the melee system. Other than that I'd say its fine. Games modes and such could always come later as I'd say the core mechanics of the game are quite solid already.

I wouldn't mind a wipe but the melee weapons need to gain XP faster...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #1167
    December 2009
    827 Posts
    They just need to add more room templates and themes like Grineer (assuming that the current map template is Corpus), Technocyte, maybe cave complex on planets or asteroids.

Also more random secondary events and environmental hazards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #1168
    January 2013
    130 Posts
    They just need to add more room templates and themes like Grineer (assuming that the current map template is Corpus), Technocyte, maybe cave complex on planets or asteroids.

Also more random secondary events and environmental hazards.
    Those stuff fall under content. CBTs are usualy to test out servers and bugs. Core mechanics of the games are tested first and once thats all stable the content will pour in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,308 Posts
    Is becoming a founder worth it? Cause omg dat prime warframe, sword and pistol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #1170
    January 2013
    130 Posts
    Is becoming a founder worth it? Cause omg dat prime warframe, sword and pistol.
    The warframe given is definitely cool. I was debating on the sword but turns out the stats are just so-so. The Grandmaster pack costs way too much for me so no pistol there :(

Haven't actually bought it yet but I really want to. The platinum given will certainly help out alot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events

11. Post #1171
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,635 Posts
    as far as I know the founder weapons have the same stats as the defaults

given the defaults are shite, I wouldn't recommend it

that said, come OBT or full release, they may fix that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,006 Posts
    Excalibur prime is said to have higher stats compared to Excalibur by a dev, but it's not really set in stone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,000 Posts
    Really tempted to get the excalibur prime, but just don't see anything I could use the ingame cash on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1174
    April 2012
    1,042 Posts
    Really tempted to get the excalibur prime, but just don't see anything I could use the ingame cash on.
    Frame slots, color picker, inventory slots. Rushing manufacture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,148 Posts
    Another 11mb update, perhaps the artifact missions fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1176
    October 2009
    724 Posts
    I'm debating whether I should get the $50 package for founder so I can get all the platinum I'll probably need and get a new frame to play with while I farm for ember.

Thoughts?

Also the update was for fixing certain mission types that were borked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,747 Posts
    Add me to the clan, just got this game!

IGN same name as my forum name here :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #1178
    December 2010
    2,616 Posts
    I think this game is getting buggier every patch for me. When I started playing a few days ago everything ran fine, now I'm getting lots of random bugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #1179
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    yeah no doubt almost every hotfix they break something else so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1180
    February 2009
    3,896 Posts
    Is the latron worth getting?

Edited:

I'll take that as a no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    Is there a way to take screenshots in this game using steam? I've already activated it on the client, but the shift+TAB UI doesn't show up in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

22. Post #1182
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,154 Posts
    steam overlay doesn't work

Edited:

use fraps to take screenies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,019 Posts
    What do you guys think of the Ember frame? Been thinking of crafting it.

Edited:

An opinion on the Gorgon would be nice too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    So wait, where do the orokin reactor / orokin <weapon> blueprints come from, anyways?

25. Post #1185
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts

i like to slice fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    4,510 Posts
    ugh who the hell thought adding in those fucking dumb lasers would be a good idea? its happened more than once where somehow a laser sees me through a GODDAMN wall, turns the lasers on, and i cannot get to a spot where i can actually shoot the camera
    just happened to me right now where everyone except me got past a door, somehow a camera SOMEWHERE saw someone and turned the lasers for what felt like an hour. while everyone else went on to have a slaughterfest i ran around like a moron trying to figure out where the fuck the camera was until it randomly decided to turn itself off

Edited:

bolto is so satisfying to use (and i think is more effective than my previous pistol) and furax is WAAY better than my crappy old cronus, glad my credits didnt go to waste
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,135 Posts
    ugh who the hell thought adding in those fucking dumb lasers would be a good idea? its happened more than once where somehow a laser sees me through a GODDAMN wall, turns the lasers on, and i cannot get to a spot where i can actually shoot the camera
    just happened to me right now where everyone except me got past a door, somehow a camera SOMEWHERE saw someone and turned the lasers for what felt like an hour. while everyone else went on to have a slaughterfest i ran around like a moron trying to figure out where the fuck the camera was until it randomly decided to turn itself off

Edited:

bolto is so satisfying to use (and i think is more effective than my previous pistol) and furax is WAAY better than my crappy old cronus, glad my credits didnt go to waste
    that happened to me before but then i went into the lasers so fast that it just shot me out the opposite side anyways so it was no biggy lol

28. Post #1188
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,006 Posts

i like to slice fast
    Damn how many rate mods are you using 6?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    I've recently completely switched out my build. My previous setup was a rank 29 volt wielding a rank 24 STRUN, rank 23 aklatos and a rank 10 bo staff. Now, it's switched out with a mag using the braton, the bronco and the heat sword, with everything starting from scratch. The reason of this is because I want to get a bit variation in the game before I eventually find something to pro my volt with and everyone keep saying the STRUN is underpowered.

The mag seems ok, a quick look at the abilities does give me an impression that this is a melee- and support-driven class made to debuff enemies and bring them to herself. However, I do find it somewhat disturbing to play as a female character with a quite attractive shape wearing a tight body suit. I always thought switching warframes was more like your character switching armor, rather than your character undergoing a gender changing operation. Anyway, I managed to unlock the first ability; a power which pulls the enemy you are aiming at towards you and stuns him/it. At first it seemed useless, pulling bullet-shooting baddies closer to me seemed like a bad idea because melee is not that great. I later came to the discovery that this ability stuns enemies for quite a long time, enough for you to slice them up before they try to run back to cover while not shooting you (lovely AI there). You can also pull shields from the grineer wielding those and pull enemies out of cover if you are at the right angle. The animation still does add a bit too much time for the power to trigger, but I had the same problem with the volt's first ability. Overall I'd say the mag and her tight suit seem quite interesting and I hope to see how effective the next abilities are.

I did try the braton before, but it seems to have reset when I purchased it again. The reason I sold it is because I didn't like it, I never seem to like automatic weapons in shooters, they just feel like they poke the enemy to death, rather than punching them hard in the face like a shotgun or a sniper rifle. I didn't try the latron or the snipe-a-ton because I wasn't sure about my aim and the braton seem to come in more recommended, even if its accuracy does not fit my standards. I am in no position to criticize it because of how little I have used it and I guess it gets better with a few elemental damage and penetration mods. On the other hand, you get the hand-held shotgun, but judging by the design, it's two empty flashlights mounted on some kind of trigger, which is not what I'd call a gun, but I can't really judge future technology weaponry. It doesn't really reload "instantly" as promised, but that may be improved by mods and passives. Still, it's a double barreled shotgun which I don't feel it punches a hole into enemies at what I'd call a reasonable close distance, but when enemies are encountered at a distance only achievable by placing their faces close enough to my character's chest for it to be considered socially unacceptable, they get ripped off faster than they can have their way with the darn thing. So it functions just how I imagined it to; as a shotgun which is only effective at melee-range, it also pulls back hard enough to most likely make me miss the second shot unless the enemies are placed at the unconformable distance mentioned earlier.

Once the enemies get close enough to sniff the glass dome covering my mag's head (which appears to be made purely out of space energy and pretty lights), they will usually meet my recently crafted heat sword. It seems to have a reasonable damage in comparison to the low-leveled enemies I encountered as I tried my new equipment out on Mercury. The reason I chose it over the blueprint of the palo-something blade (who's blueprint is still waiting for me) is because of its ability to light enemies in a significant radius from me on fire when I use the jump attack. Although, the fire damage doesn't seem to do much when I'll be cutting survivors off right afterwards anyway, but at least it does some damage over time to the ones lucky enough to escape the ridiculously long and hot Stanley knife my rather thin-looking character is somehow able to swing using only one hand. I find it more useful than the bo because of this area of effect damage, which seems more effective than knocking people down by hitting them with a futuristic-looking stick, but that's just my opinion.

TL;DR: I switched from my non-pro volt to some kind of magnetic female in a latex suit with two absolutely huge toes to add variation to my game. The mag seems nice, but the braton and branco doesn't feel as OP as I was promised. It may just be because I am spoiled by being able to running around and shocking everyone, but at least the heat sword seems good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

30. Post #1190
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    4,510 Posts
    i usually use my braton if theres a lot of room clearing to be done

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    Damn how many rate mods are you using 6?
    only 3

2x 18%
    1x 11%
    i need more

Edited:

I've recently completely switched out my build. My previous setup was a rank 29 volt wielding a rank 24 STRUN, rank 23 aklatos and a rank 10 bo staff. Now, it's switched out with a mag using the braton, the bronco and the heat sword, with everything starting from scratch. The reason of this is because I want to get a bit variation in the game before I eventually find something to pro my volt with and everyone keep saying the STRUN is underpowered.

The mag seems ok, a quick look at the abilities does give me an impression that this is a melee- and support-driven class made to debuff enemies and bring them to herself. However, I do find it somewhat disturbing to play as a female character with a quite attractive shape wearing a tight body suit. I always thought switching warframes was more like your character switching armor, rather than your character undergoing a gender changing operation. Anyway, I managed to unlock the first ability; a power which pulls the enemy you are aiming at towards you and stuns him/it. At first it seemed useless, pulling bullet-shooting baddies closer to me seemed like a bad idea because melee is not that great. I later came to the discovery that this ability stuns enemies for quite a long time, enough for you to slice them up before they try to run back to cover while not shooting you (lovely AI there). You can also pull shields from the grineer wielding those and pull enemies out of cover if you are at the right angle. The animation still does add a bit too much time for the power to trigger, but I had the same problem with the volt's first ability. Overall I'd say the mag and her tight suit seem quite interesting and I hope to see how effective the next abilities are.

I did try the braton before, but it seems to have reset when I purchased it again. The reason I sold it is because I didn't like it, I never seem to like automatic weapons in shooters, they just feel like they poke the enemy to death, rather than punching them hard in the face like a shotgun or a sniper rifle. I didn't try the latron or the snipe-a-ton because I wasn't sure about my aim and the braton seem to come in more recommended, even if its accuracy does not fit my standards. I am in no position to criticize it because of how little I have used it and I guess it gets better with a few elemental damage and penetration mods. On the other hand, you get the hand-held shotgun, but judging by the design, it's two empty flashlights mounted on some kind of trigger, which is not what I'd call a gun, but I can't really judge future technology weaponry. It doesn't really reload "instantly" as promised, but that may be improved by mods and passives. Still, it's a double barreled shotgun which I don't feel it punches a hole into enemies at what I'd call a reasonable close distance, but when enemies are encountered at a distance only achievable by placing their faces close enough to my character's chest for it to be considered socially unacceptable, they get ripped off faster than they can have their way with the darn thing. So it functions just how I imagined it to; as a shotgun which is only effective at melee-range, it also pulls back hard enough to most likely make me miss the second shot unless the enemies are placed at the unconformable distance mentioned earlier.

Once the enemies get close enough to sniff the glass dome covering my mag's head (which appears to be made purely out of space energy and pretty lights), they will usually meet my recently crafted heat sword. It seems to have a reasonable damage in comparison to the low-leveled enemies I encountered as I tried my new equipment out on Mercury. The reason I chose it over the blueprint of the palo-something blade (who's blueprint is still waiting for me) is because of its ability to light enemies in a significant radius from me on fire when I use the jump attack. Although, the fire damage doesn't seem to do much when I'll be cutting survivors off right afterwards anyway, but at least it does some damage over time to the ones lucky enough to escape the ridiculously long and hot Stanley knife my rather thin-looking character is somehow able to swing using only one hand. I find it more useful than the bo because of this area of effect damage, which seems more effective than knocking people down by hitting them with a futuristic-looking stick, but that's just my opinion.

TL;DR: I switched from my non-pro volt to some kind of magnetic female in a latex suit with two absolutely huge toes to add variation to my game. The mag seems nice, but the braton and branco doesn't feel as OP as I was promised. It may just be because I am spoiled by being able to running around and shocking everyone, but at least the heat sword seems good.

everything is shit till 15+ and pro pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,213 Posts
    what %s?

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    what %s?
    A scale from 1 to 100 to define how big a part of something is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #1194
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,148 Posts

I use the snipe-a-ton as primary and bronco as secondary, they're like the perfect match.
    Once you stick some multishot, thunder or ice and armour penetration the bronco one-shots Corpus on neptune (level 20 something) at decent range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    September 2011
    197 Posts
    Does warframe level factor into matchmaking or is there something else that I'm missing? Game feels dead already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #1196
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,371 Posts
    Where do you guys find multishot mods? Havent seen a single one yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

37. Post #1197
    January 2013
    130 Posts
    only 3

2x 18%
    1x 11%
    i need more

Edited:

everything is shit till 15+ and pro pretty much.
    So that was what you were talking about, too busy being swarmed by the infected to notice your attack speed... Well, on top of you pulling me everywhere also :S

That attack speed is just ridiculous I only have a 7% mod... Not enough farming done!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events

38. Post #1198
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,000 Posts
    Does warframe level factor into matchmaking or is there something else that I'm missing? Game feels dead already.
    It's a closed beta, chill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #1199
    December 2010
    2,616 Posts
    It does feel more difficult to find squads to play with lately, but maybe I'm playing too late at night?

40. Post #1200
    September 2011
    197 Posts
    It's a closed beta, chill.
    Oh yeah.

Completely escaped me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)