1. Post #1

January 2013
    32 Posts
    I heard that there is a flying gamemode perp for gmod 13, that is flying around. I really would like to have it. Before you start any hate or anything. Please think of what you type. I am just trying to start a PERP server for fun and to start a good community.

All replies are appreciated. I will respond to any reply if needed.

Thank you.

(User was banned for this post ("Asking for leaked gamemode" - Grea$eMonkey))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    PERP is a bad gamemode and there are no versions of it in circulation that aren't buggy and require a lot of work and lua knowledge to fix up. Some communities who do have it will not be willing to give it away, and the few places it is stored with an at least half-functional code base, charge clients an upwards of $100 for the gamemode. I would instead recommend using a free and functional gamemode and modifying it to what you need, such as Tiramisu, PistachioRP, and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3

January 2013
    32 Posts
    If you don't like RP. That doesn't mean it's a bad gamemode.

Note: I am still looking forward to getting perp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    You misunderstand, my issue isn't with PERP being a bad gamemode because it's roleplay, roleplay can be fun, in fact, PistachioRP and Tiramisu are both Roleplaying gamemodes that I suggested because you wanted a roleplay gamemode. No, PERP is bad because it's coded poorly, and any version you do find online, which will possibly cost you a lot of money or give you a virus, will not run properly and you will need to know how to fix it.

You're not going to be able to get your hands on a working perp version without paying an upwards of a hundred dollars, learning a ton of lua to fix it (because it won't be ported to gmod13) or you'll be scammed. Seriously, get a different RP gamemode that actually works and just edit it yourself.

It's also illegal to use PERP without paying for it, and while I know no one gives a fuck, it's just there to know you won't find many copies lying around with the functionality of many communities who use PERP, as they often edit the gamemode for their server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Well for now can I have a link to both of those gamemodes? Then hopefully someone will actually give me a perp link later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    VEIN: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1148261
    A zombie survival RP gamemode inspired by Project Zomboid and aimed at bringing functionality to the roleplay genre by allowing players to actually interact with an environment in a realistic way with damage systems, containers, weapons, and most importantly, zombies. The gamemode isn't complete though, and there is a lot of content to download. Constantly updated by it's coder Disseminate.

DarkRP: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1067488
    Unfortunately the most popular and overused RP gamemode in Garry's Mod due to its sheer age and ease of setting up; most gamemodes have used this gamemode as both direct inspiration through emulation, or in the case of making a gamemode that is more fluid and complex. The gamemode itself is good, but the community it has attracted is definitely not. Still updated ocassionally by FPtje.

PistachioRP: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1225408
    A gamemode similar to DarkRP with more emphasis on fixing the problems brought up through DarkRP by implementing more functions and features and providing more structure and depth, and allowing users to customize their play style with more freedom. However, this may also cause players to be lost unless the server provides a theme and gives the players a general nudge in how to go about playing it. Not officially worked on, but there will be occasional updates and fixes by it's coder, Chessnut.

Tiramisu 2: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1166556
    A roleplay gamemode aimed at taking down popular HL2 RP gamemodes by actually introducing gameplay to the dull world of super-serious RP without charging its users money, and while giving them the ability to edit and alter the code however they please. The gamemode support(ed) clothing, food, armour, and third/first person, but has stagnated due to its author's disdain for Garry's Mod's admittedly unappreciative and immature RP community. There are some fan made fixes, and Jawalt still does what he can.

Those are pretty much the only RP gamemodes you'll find that people actually offer support, and that actually work. (for free, as they should be)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Well, thanks. I like the Tiramisu one. I will still hopefully get PERP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Just know Tiramisu 2 requires some work if the fan-made versions aren't working properly. It's more serious based, rather than kiddy-like as with PERP, so you'll need a pretty serious RP community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Well, you have a wrong point over there. Any gamemode can be turned into a serious RP depending on the players and of course the admin support.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Well, you have a wrong point over there. Any gamemode can be turned into a serious RP depending on the players and of course the admin support.
    The thing is, it's easier to make a non-serious RP serious, than to make a serious RP non-serious. PERP is more non-serious than most other gamemodes, so I was thinking you wanted something more casual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRY
    Dennab
    July 2012
    231 Posts
    I needed PERP; now I have it. Just keep looking around... Took me a month to find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

12. Post #12

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Why not just share it? I might be able to help you someday. You never know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRY
    Dennab
    July 2012
    231 Posts
    If I were going to "share" it, I would sell it.

And I don't want to be one of those people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

January 2013
    32 Posts
    That's selling not sharing.

Please guys, I really need this gamemode.
    I am also willing to get an old version of the gamemode.

Edited:

Come on guys, please. Anything helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    What happened to drama unlimited?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

January 2013
    32 Posts
    I think it went down. That's why I need support from you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,859 Posts
    Well you aren't going to last long on Facepunch by fucking asking for it here. I forget that you joined in 2013, so you probably haven't seen the two bans people got for asking/selling this shit on Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Well you aren't going to last long on Facepunch by fucking asking for it here. I forget that you joined in 2013, so you probably haven't seen the two bans people got for asking/selling this shit on Facepunch.
    Well, PERP gamemode is getting very famous and it's spreading all around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Well, PERP gamemode is getting very famous and it's spreading all around.
    Are you dumb as bricks? PERP isn't "getting famous," it's been a popular private gamemode for many years now. It's not increasing in popularity, rather, a bunch of kiddies who started playing Garry's Mod a week ago played on a PERP server once and now everyone wants to start their own. Nothing is spreading, PERP's been around for a long time, the only thing spreading are the number of people who want to start their own because they think it's so easy and anyone can do it when they hardly know a thing about lua or owning and running a server.

If you want a gamemode like PERP, code it yourself. People spent a lot of time and effort to get it, even in a really buggy and broken format, and they're not going to give it away. They're going to sell it, or scam you, and your best option is to just learn lua, as all server owners should do, and edit a gamemode base to what you want it to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Trust me, I can start my own PERP gamemode do updates. Add more features. My plan was adding planes and a flying license and a flying job. I had the model for the people for that too. I promise you it will be successful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Trust me, I can start my own PERP gamemode do updates. Add more features. My plan was adding planes and a flying license and a flying job. I had the model for the people for that too. I promise you it will be successful.
    You have an idea and a model, oh wow, you must be more than capable of handling this! Especially when you're feature is something as simple as a new job, a new item, and WAC aircraft, that's totally original and requires a ton of work to implement. You have blown me away with your skills and effort.

Seriously though, your idea for "new features" is just a job? I hardly doubt you know enough lua to do more than that, and you can't even get access to the gamemode in the first place. Why not, I don't know, try something original? How would planes even be successful and worth it on most RP maps? The maps are too small, the planes are too big and fast, they'd hit boundaries within seconds and have nothing to do.

Edited:

rp_evocity uses tunnels with visleafs, which means you literally can't fly a plane to new areas without flying "through" the tunnel, which is dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

22. Post #22
    Best in the World
    January 2012
    885 Posts
    Well, thanks. I like the Tiramisu one. I will still hopefully get PERP.
    Don't you get it? You won't be able to get PERP unless you pay LOTS of money. Over $100...

Edited:

That wouldnt be PERP. PERP runs on rp_evocity_v33x or rp_evocity_v2d. These maps have areas seperated by tunnels. Flying through tunnels is not RP. Plus, the skybox limit isn't that great for planes. Overall, I think Sandbox would be the best gamemode for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

January 2013
    32 Posts
    PERP can run anywhere. I have a custom mapper working on something for perp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    PERP can run anywhere. I have a custom mapper working on something for perp.
    Like we haven't heard that before.

25. Post #25

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Look, I am just asking for PERP. Why is that so hard? Why start an argument instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Look, I am just asking for PERP. Why is that so hard? Why start an argument instead?
    We already told you, there's nowhere you can get PERP, and if you do manage to find it, it's going to be a G12 version that's already buggy and broken that you'll need to fix and update even to get it playable. Do you ever wonder why there's only around ten PERP servers in all of Garry's Mod, when there are thousands of DarkRP and everything else? They take a lot of work to fix and set up and most people have spent, stupidly, a lot of money to make it happen; no one is just going to hand it to you, even if they somehow had a working copy.

Edited:

You're better off using a different gamemode.

27. Post #27

January 2013
    32 Posts
    You're wrong. I have heard from so many people that there is a free version flying around. I can get a gmod 12 copy and update it. It's fine with me. I can handle it.

You guys never gave me a chance to prove myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

28. Post #28
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    Dennab
    September 2008
    9,837 Posts
    You're wrong. I have heard from so many people that there is a free version flying around. I can get a gmod 12 copy and update it. It's fine with me. I can handle it.

You guys never gave me a chance to prove myself.
    Well, we're here to tell you: it's not worth it. We're also here to tell you that there is no free version, just the one stolen from the original creators. And we're also here to tell you to go somewhere else to look (maybe ask the people who say that there's a free version?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Well, I tried but no one knows. But he said he believes that there is a free version flying around.

30. Post #30
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    We get it, you think there is a "free version flying around." (your repeated use of the word "flying" has started to hurt me) Rather than tell us, go out and find it, or give up. We don't need a play-by-play of you telling us you think it's out there but can't find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    il giv u it 4 $600. nly if u giv me ownr 2 or ill ddos u.

No but in all seriousness either pay $600 or get a GM12 one packed full of backdoors, trojans, dodgy databases and illegal crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    aka Devul
    September 2010
    827 Posts
    il giv u it 4 $600. nly if u giv me ownr 2 or ill ddos u.

No but in all seriousness either pay $600 or get a GM12 one packed full of backdoors, trojans, dodgy databases and illegal crap.
    Agreed, or we could let the shithole of a gamemode to die. :}
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,859 Posts
    Well, I tried but no one knows. But he said he believes that there is a free version flying around.
    You aren't going to fucking find it. Do you believe EVERYTHING people tell you? Stop asking for it here, as no one will help you, and even if we could, we don't want to help you. You can get an even better gamemode for half the cost but with everything you could want in it at the recruitment/hiring thread!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

January 2013
    32 Posts
    You aren't going to fucking find it. Do you believe EVERYTHING people tell you? Stop asking for it here, as no one will help you, and even if we could, we don't want to help you. You can get an even better gamemode for half the cost but with everything you could want in it at the recruitment/hiring thread!
    Sorry, but I can't hear you all over your qq. Also I am willing to take the risks.

35. Post #35
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Sorry, but I can't hear you all over your qq. Also I am willing to take the risks.
    At this point you're just threadshitting. We get it, you're willing to get a trojan, spend $600+, and/or get scammed and have your identity stolen for a piss gamemode. We don't need to get an update every time you feel the need to alert us that you're still going to do it regardless of our advice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36

January 2013
    32 Posts
    You guys ain't helping. I need this gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

37. Post #37
    If your reading this, I'm going to exploit you like perp
    September 2012
    62 Posts
    Alright, 600 USD Please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    super hl2rp script
    January 2010
    2,859 Posts
    You guys ain't helping. I need this gamemode.
    I'll give it to you for 700. It has no bugs, and it has the pilot shit you wanted.

39. Post #39

January 2013
    32 Posts
    Nah, I am willing to get it for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bahrain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    October 2009
    6,272 Posts
    Well good luck with that, but no one will help you here and you probably won't find it anywhere for free and without viruses.

Now please, stop posting, we get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)